Arteta's long suffering jellied eels v Eddie's Stottie fuelled northern raiders (- Gemmill + Trips, massive net gain tbh)

Toonpack

18 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Mourinho made a stellar career out of it everywhere he went.

And moaned like fuck when it was done to him. Was it Spurs he accused of parking their team bus in the goalmouth? 

• Like 3

It’s weird the way some people think. Like everyone should play a certain way but only when it suits them. Football has always been a game where there’s more than one way to skin a cat, with the end result trumping the method. 
Oddly, if you look at Wenger, he’s made out as being someone with a philosophy based on playing the beautiful game. But that actually came in the second half of his time at Arsenal. When he had his greatest success, there was pragmatism combined with flair. When he arrived he kept the extremely solid back line and had bite in midfield with Vieira and Petit. Even Bergkamp could be a dirty bastard. The invincibles had Gilberto Silva, Cygan, Keown, Ljungberg and players like that too.

In his ‘purist phase’, when he seemed obsessed with buying pretty no. 10s to play in every single midfield position, he did less well. Arsenal becoming the sort of team Bolton, Stoke and the like licked their lips at the prospect of playing. Yet he still brought CL football and trophies. But that wasn’t enough for little cunts like ‘Ty’ and they hounded him out for it

Edited by Alex
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

It's a bit like Klopp being outraged when 'lesser' sides turn up at Anfield and have the temerity to dig in and defend deep rather than roll over and let Liverpool tickle their tummy.

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, being frustrated that your team couldn't break down a perceived lesser opponent is one thing. Blaming that opponent for not rolling over to have their tummy tickled is entitled bullshit.

What is it they say about imitation?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s weird the way some people think. Like everyone should play a certain way but only when it suits them. Football has always been a game where there’s more than one way to skin a cat, with the end result trumping the method. 
Oddly, if you look at Wenger, he’s made out as being someone with a philosophy based on playing the beautiful game. But that actually came in the second half of his time at Arsenal. When he had his greatest success, there was pragmatism combined with flair. When he arrived he kept the extremely solid back line and had bite in midfield with Vieira and Petit. Even Bergkamp could be a dirty bastard. The invincibles had Gilberto Silva, Cygan, Keown, Ljungberg and players like that too.

In his ‘purist phase’, when he seemed obsessed with buying pretty no. 10s to play in every single midfield position, he did less well. Arsenal becoming the sort of team Bolton, Stoke and the like licked their lips at the prospect of playing. Yet he still brought CL football and trophies. But that wasn’t enough for little cunts like ‘Ty’ and they hounded him out for it

Aye it’s very fucking weird. It’s one of Klopps usual complaints about teams, as others point out I was impressed by Leeds when they did it to us - I thought they were a soft touch but matched our intensity and physicality and we squandered our chances so were left wanting. It is frustrating of course but the Arsenal fans should be asking themselves why the only chances they really have to speak of were the late Pope save at the end and two of the softest penalty shouts you will ever see. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye it’s very fucking weird. It’s one of Klopps usual complaints about teams, as others point out I was impressed by Leeds when they did it to us - I thought they were a soft touch but matched our intensity and physicality and we squandered our chances so were left wanting. It is frustrating of course but the Arsenal fans should be asking themselves why the only chances they really have to speak of were the late Pope save at the end and two of the softest penalty shouts you will ever see. 

The same Klopp who had Milner man-marking Bruno at SJP at the end of last season  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Howay said:

Rather than weird I see it as them recognising their style of play has been nullified by the opposition. Both of them (Klopp in particular) are psychopaths. He's unable to accept someone has got the better of him tactically. 

Remember when he blamed the Fulham pitch for being 'dry'? How dare the home side set the pitch up to suit themselves / work against the opposition. Fucking prick! :lol:

• Like 4

I'm absolutely loving the bitterness of the supporters and management of Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd against the way we've played against them this season.  My latest favourite is them complaining about how Tripps was at the ref every foul after a card.  How quick they are to forget the decades of this their own teams have subjected referees through, and in much greater numbers than just their captain (who in Trippier's case consistently stopped other players from approaching the ref).  The amount of photos you can find online of them doing it is staggering.  Arsenal were brought up on a charge for doing this as recently as October ffs.

Year after year we have watched as we meekly surrendered when we've went to these clubs and they simply aren't happy that we are now building something and have the resources to prevent their darlings from winning trophies or making the champions league as regularly.  Who knows how long this will continue, the Saudi's may pull out/be forced to pull out before they can reach our stated target, but I'm just loving every moment of it as long as it lasts.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I'm absolutely loving the bitterness of the supporters and management of Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd against the way we've played against them this season.  My latest favourite is them complaining about how Tripps was at the ref every foul after a card.  How quick they are to forget the decades of this their own teams have subjected referees through, and in much greater numbers than just their captain (who in Trippier's case consistently stopped other players from approaching the ref).  The amount of photos you can find online of them doing it is staggering.  Arsenal were brought up on a charge for doing this as recently as October ffs.

Year after year we have watched as we meekly surrendered when we've went to these clubs and they simply aren't happy that we are now building something and have the resources to prevent their darlings from winning trophies or making the champions league as regularly.  Who knows how long this will continue, the Saudi's may pull out/be forced to pull out before they can reach our stated target, but I'm just loving every moment of it as long as it lasts.

League Of Gentlemen Local Shop GIF - League Of Gentlemen Local Shop Local  Shop For Local People - Discover & Share GIFs

The scouse cunts are seemingly all up in arms over Howe chipping back to Arteta at some point during the game. I guess Howe had made some comment about Dr Teeth embarrassing himself against us on the sideline when we last played them. 

So far in the heads of these bellends and we’ve not even started. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Howay said:

The scouse cunts are seemingly all up in arms over Howe chipping back to Arteta at some point during the game. I guess Howe had made some comment about Dr Teeth embarrassing himself against us on the sideline when we last played them. 

Sports washed. ☝️

;)

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Howay said:

It does seem to be Liverpool, more than any other 'Big 6' club, that's taken the takeover really badly. 

I don't want a rivalry with them, I want a sporting, handshakes all round, rivalry with Man City, or maybe a Wenger/Ferguson style petty rivalry with Arsenal. 

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It does seem to be Liverpool, more than any other 'Big 6' club, that's taken the takeover really badly. 

Born out of pure envy IYAM. Remember the first match that Staveley was seen at and they were adamant it was a precursor to her fronting a bid to takeover Liverpool? "She's a lifelong Liverpool fan!", "Who'd be interested in shitty Newcastle, she has to be looking at LFC!", etc. 

Compounded because FSG are now looking to sell Liverpool, but PIF are no longer window shopping ... they've made their purchase, and they'll stick with it. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't want a rivalry with them, I want a sporting, handshakes all round, rivalry with Man City, or maybe a Wenger/Ferguson style petty rivalry with Arsenal. 

Judging by the way Klopp is imploding we're not going to need to have a rivalry with them.  They're heading back to their previous premier league norm of being nowhere near the title race.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

Judging by the way Klopp is imploding we're not going to need to have a rivalry with them.  They're heading back to their previous premier league norm of being nowhere near the title race.

I Hope So Big Brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

Born out of pure envy IYAM. Remember the first match that Staveley was seen at and they were adamant it was a precursor to her fronting a bid to takeover Liverpool? "She's a lifelong Liverpool fan!", "Who'd be interested in shitty Newcastle, she has to be looking at LFC!", etc. 

Compounded because FSG are now looking to sell Liverpool, but PIF are no longer window shopping ... they've made their purchase, and they'll stick with it. 

How insecure must you be to get wound up by Newcastle being a threat? They've got an unbelievable number of trophies, a squad peppered with some genuinely talented players and a very, very good coach. If they're this precious about us already, imagine what they'll be like when we really start spending.

• Like 3

absolutely love the fact that liverpool's support is so opposed to newcastle's takeover on moral grounds alone,

aye ok.

never has the phrase 'offended by everything, ashamed of nothing' been more apt.

might well be time to reconsider who the term 'scouse mackem' applies to.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I think that would depend on who  ends up buying them tbh . Man Utd up for sale too. We’re not getting this all our own way and no club ever has gone. Wenger stopped Ferguson for a while, Chelsea didn’t win the league every year. People are getting ahead of themselves. They need to chill out a bit and just see what happens . It’s great just to be in the running at the moment 👍

• Like 2

No interested parties for the sale so far. I imagine Man United will go before Liverpool do, although I gather there's very little interest there either. The prices they're asking are crazy. If you just want a PL presence, you can do that for a lot less money than Liverpool and Man United are asking - see Bournemouth. You get a project rather than a finished article, but what you also get is a fan base appreciative of progress rather than one demanding immediate trophies when there's only 4 to share around each season. 

• Like 6