Arteta's long suffering jellied eels v Eddie's Stottie fuelled northern raiders (- Gemmill + Trips, massive net gain tbh)

Toonpack

1 minute ago, OTF said:

He's showing the yellows to try to control things, but it's clearly not working, if he escalates it won't bode well for us.

That only works if the fouls have actually been yellows and the game is getting niggly. Arsenal played for a couple of soft bookings, we’ve responded in turn, they can’t hack it and now he has to stay with the precedent he’s set. All of his own doing by being a useless gullible cunt

Just now, ewerk said:

They’ve more yellows than us tbf.

I can't see him sending an Arsenal player off with a second yellow at home, more likely to find an excuse for one of ours.

We've responded well to a strong Arsenal start, overall a good result for the first half, would have been amazing if we could have scored from that corner at the end.

• Like 2

Joelinton has to score there. Corner executed perfectly and he misses an open goal. Fuck sake. Perfect time to score too. Bad luck it came to him so quickly through a crowd I suppose but man that would have been perfect.

Edited by toonotl

Still in it at half time which is all we can really ask for. Should have nicked it just before half time mind, shocker from Big Joe. 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Joe needs to at least get that on target.

Oh well. Happy we still have a clean sheet. This will be killing the pundits wanking over playmobil.  Arsenal do look good like.

yeah, you can see why they’re top. We haven’t had to work like this in a game all season. I know Howe has got them fit but we could be blowing in the last 20 minutes if we have to keep this effort up. 

what’s been disappointing is we haven’t used the ball as well as we can when we have had brief spells of possession in part because of arsenal rushing us. Joelinton, Willock and Longstaff all losing it cheaply and Wilson struggling to hold it up. 

• Like 1

Just had a look on SMB to get an unbiased view of our game😏 two comments stand out

Don't care if they're 3rd in the Prem, if this is how they play we're a much better side to watch

Barcodes are proper shite & dirty. At full strength, on our day I'd back us to beat them

• Haha 8

This referee has made a rod for his own back dishing cards out like sweets! Can definitely see a least one red coming.

were frustrating the fuck out of them mind. Arsenal do play some fucking good football.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I thought that looked a hard chance for Joelinton there. I'm behind people on here and expected to see him miss an absolute sitter. 

It definitely wasn't easy, that ball was moving, if that was a set play his timing was off.

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Probably why Howe knew not to start ASM. :lol:

100%! Neville called it out in commentary that Burn is benefiting from the support in front of him. No way he’d have got that from ASM

Tbf, Burn has dealt with Saka well since that early scare. I thought he could be in for a tortuous evening after he skinned him in the first few minutes but it hasn’t happened since. 

Edited by Dr Gloom