nathan jone's flock of rather nervous hampshire sheep v eddie howe's brokendollless swashbuckling semi-finalists.

thebrokendoll

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Maxi not looking like a player we should think about selling. Made a massive difference since he's come on. 

It’s not about the individual, it’s about the collective unit.

Why am I not surprised you don’t understand this?

• Haha 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

Such a shame that cutback went to Longstaff and not Isak. 

It's always Longstaff in the box the fucking tease.

Another goal or two would have been nice. It will be interesting to see how this changes their approach to the second leg.

Despite what we've seen I can see Howe sticking with his 11. I'd have Isak in for Wilson and save ASM for later.

• Like 3

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Opportunity missed tonight. Should have been at least 4-0 and out to bed. Isak has to start the next game, and ASM probably should too 

We wasted chances but got the job done. the tie is still all but won. can’t see them scoring at ours 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Opportunity missed tonight. Should have been at least 4-0 and out to bed. Isak has to start the next game, and ASM probably should too 

spot on. will actually be a bit pissed off with howe if this isn't the case.

Edited by thebrokendoll

I was trying to think who Isak reminded me of. And the way he kind of floats about and that lovely first touch where it looks easy and it came to me -  Kluivert 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Isak and ASM HAVE to be in from the start in the home game. We could be done by half time 

Isak yes, but ASM doesn't have the defensive instinct from what we've seen. I suppose it depends a lot on how they set up.

Well we're all delighted with the result in the end but this was a iffy performance. We did enough to score a few and much the better side overall. The finishing remains a huge concern, and we had a dodgy 15 minutes where we have Pope to thank for not conceding. 

Maxi and Isak are scary options to bring off the bench, game changers today. 

• Like 2