o'neil's salubrious playground of the dorset uber wealthy v howe's scally infested coop of decapitated fowl

thebrokendoll

I seen someone make the point that we may need to get Target back into the team to see the best of ASM again. Target is underrated for his ability to release and or pass the ball into areas for the winger in front of him. It had been said previously that he did a lot of work for Grealish when they were both at Villa. Burn has done a decent job at left back, but he's still playing out of position even if he's had a fair bit of experience filling in there for Brighton and now us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Brentford goal was offside. :lol:

VAR spent forever on a decision much earlier in the play and missed the fact the lad that played the final ball to Toney was off.

Can someone change the thread title to Other Games and move all the other posts out of this one please.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I'm nervous as fuck

Aye same. Still not used to caring about football again! 

We could go clear of Spurs today. Really hope the lads are in the mood today. Hope Wilson's injury isn't serious, excited to see Isak start though. 

Also the point where we star to become nervous regarding injuries for the final. Especially in defence. 

• Like 2

Shame for Wilson that he’s hurt but it’s good that Isak starts, I honestly think the front three that started last match needed a change so glad to see Isak in there. Would have preferred to see Gordon start over either Almiron or ASM as they were both poor but hopefully they’re both much improved today as Bournemouth ship goals for fun. 

Wilson with a knock is troubling mind, I’ve thought for a while that he’s one of those players who needs to feel 100% or they think they’re injured (Klopp once said it about Sturridge). Hopefully we can figure out another striker in summer as he’s not someone we can rely on. 

Edited by Howay

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Well we've got the best defence in the league so don't see the need to change it round yet

There's pro's and con's to every decision so if Target would help ASM but make the defence slightly weaker that's something Howe would need to weigh up. As I recall though we were very solid with Target in the team. He's a very reliable 7 out of 10 player pretty much every week. The big thing, no pun intended, we'd miss if Target came into the team ahead of Burn is that extra height.