o'neil's salubrious playground of the dorset uber wealthy v howe's scally infested coop of decapitated fowl

thebrokendoll

Yeah, I know, statistics are for nerds, but hear me out. 

Bournemouth are fucking terrible. By almost every measure. The Neolithic stuff like points (19th), goals for (16th) and goals against (20th), but also the modern stuff like PPDA (20th), xG (20th), xGA (19th), ODC (18th). 

Only team in the bottom 6 to have scored fewer goals than you'd expect.

Only Southampton have conceded more goals than you'd expect of them. 

No team allows more opposition passes per defensive action (tackles, challenges, pressure, etc.)

Only Palace and Forrest allow more passes within 20yds of their goal, excluding crosses

In the games against teams like us (high pressing) they've given up around 2 goals a game and, Leeds game aside, they've been due less than a goal a game.

image.png.a2c343845c5d33afa80a18427877367e.png

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Bournemouth are fucking terrible. By almost every measure. The Neolithic stuff like points (19th), goals for (16th) and goals against (20th), but also the modern stuff like PPDA (20th), xG (20th), xGA (19th), ODC (18th). 

No team allows more opposition passes per defensive action (tackles, challenges, pressure, etc.)

Only Palace and Forrest allow more passes within 20yds of their goal, excluding crosses

In the games against teams like us (high pressing) they've given up around 2 goals a game and, Leeds game aside, they've been due less than a goal a game.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 8

"Maxi is someone that probably performs better with a consistent run of games."

"Though his game was in a good place last week"

"I thought he gave his all for the team, their was no lack of effort from him"

"West ham managed him well in the game, teams will always look at him as a big threat and will produce their game plans to keep him quiet"

"Ive been very pleased with his attitude and how he worked this week" 

Eddie is Allan IN.

dance-funny.gif

Maxim 100% starting. He's getting goals. 

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You stick with the spreadsheets and tables Fish lad.  There's some who appreciate it.  It's certainly an area I am really enjoying now.

• Like 1

Really hope Miggy can find his mojo again. And we need to start taking some shots and making the keeper work. Far too often last Saturday we got in good position only to pass it sideways. Isak back should help. He's got that x factor about him. Hoping to see more of Gordon too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Went on a Bournemouth forum to gauge their feelings and opinions on this and guess who has turned up in peace? :lol: 

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/afc-bournemouth-v-newcastle-united.17155/post-708291

Well according to that Dave is in attendance at the game and he’s not reached out for a meet up. It’s fine Dave, am not bothered, honestly :huff:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Went on a Bournemouth forum to gauge their feelings and opinions on this and guess who has turned up in peace? :lol: 

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/afc-bournemouth-v-newcastle-united.17155/post-708291

He’ll be on about talking to his Bournemouth supporting mates soon👍🏻
;)