o'neil's salubrious playground of the dorset uber wealthy v howe's scally infested coop of decapitated fowl

thebrokendoll

at great personal sacrifice i might forego any attempt to get a ticket for this as well as not bothering to turn on the tv, instead listen on the radio whilst needlessly re-weathersealing the rendering on the back of the house. it seemed to work for our trip to craven cottage.

we need goals, hopefully isak can be loaded up with a paracetamol and ibuprofen combination and make a start along with gordon, who i and many others thought looked decent yesterday, not so a minority of one!

as for saint-maximin and to quote (nearly) the legendary haircut 100's 'love plus one' masterpiece....

where does he go from here,

is it back to the bench i fear?

aye aye aye aye aye ah

aye aye aye aye aye ah

ps..... if anybody feels a thread starter needs refreshing i'll happily delete this.   :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 7

10/10 title, as for that tune though....

disappointed-disappointed-fan.gif

If eddie was smart, he'll start THE SAINT and stop teams from doubling up on him by giving them something else to worry about like starting Isak.:cuppa:

the ill disciplined HC can start over miggy. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

If eddie was smart, he'll start THE SAINT and stop teams from doubling up on him by giving them something else to worry about like starting Isak.:cuppa:

heart of television dog GIF by Hallmark Channel

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

IMO Howe will still start ASM.  I think he will want more time for AG8 to get to know the system and how he wants him to play.

Aye, Eddie Howe will manage the situation, not the squealing dickhead @toon4life1 with his 12 followers sat in his crusty y fronts in his mums back room :cuppa: 

• Haha 5

Need to win to pick our momentum back up. Can we get those marvelous Turkish wizards at Cinik to work some plastic surgery magic on Bruno to give him Manquillo's face? 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

IMO Howe will still start ASM.  I think he will want more time for AG8 to get to know the system and how he wants him to play.

I would much prefer he starts Gordon, but if he does start Maxi then they must play to his strengths.

He must get good balls to run onto and we have to be much faster changing from right to left. When he plays really well it’s a percentage game with him and his style of attack. For every 5 dribbles, 1 or 2 will work or get a free kick 3 or 4 will not. Burn needs to be much better supporting him going forward.

If we don’t play to his strengths he’s too isolated to get into the game and it’s a waste of time.

It would be lovely for all involved if he has a good game and we get back on the winning trail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

just for general clarity i'm not really a big fan of haircut 100.

steps however....

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I would much prefer he starts Gordon, but if he does start Maxi then they must play to his strengths.

He must get good balls to run onto and we have to be much faster changing from right to left. When he plays really well it’s a percentage game with him and his style of attack. For every 5 dribbles, 1 or 2 will work or get a free kick 3 or 4 will not. Burn needs to be much better supporting him going forward.

If we don’t play to his strengths he’s too isolated to get into the game and it’s a waste of time.

It would be lovely for all involved if he has a good game and we get back on the winning trail.

I would prefer to start Gordon without a doubt.

I do think Burn and him don't work because Burn is a CB and not a full back.  But ASM needs to also make the space and not just look at staying on the line.   ASM needs to work and not just sulk.  Walk back when he should be running back to burn that fat off his fucking massive arse.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Aye, Eddie Howe will manage the situation, not the squealing dickhead @toon4life1 with his 12 followers sat in his crusty y fronts in his mums back room :cuppa: 

What's your problem, like? Not like my username? And by the way, they're not crusty they're just well loved and been worn with pride for many a year.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I would prefer to start Gordon without a doubt.

I do think Burn and him don't work because Burn is a CB and not a full back.  But ASM needs to also make the space and not just look at staying on the line.   ASM needs to work and not just sulk.  Walk back when he should be running back to burn that fat off his fucking massive arse.

I don’t disagree with any of ASM’s criticisms, but we all know if he could do all of that he would be a world class player. He’s never going too. It’s as alien to him as his dribbles would be to Botman.

I’m pretty sure he’s not doing any of that in training either which means that EH is aware of what he’s going to get when he picks him.

All I’m saying is play to his strengths if we play him or leave him out.

Edited by Christmas Tree

We need to take a leaf out of Coventry 90s team here. We should just attempt the Gary McCallister (Trips) chip to Dion Dublin (Burn) for the near post flick on with all the players piling in at the back post to the bundle the ball in. 

7 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Why do we have one of the best crossers in the league and some of the tallest players ever invented and still score fuck all headers from corners?  

once botman nods that first one in they'll be like yellow double decker buses on northumberland street.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

once botman nods that first one in they'll be like yellow double decker buses on northumberland street.

It’s been pedestrianised for about 25 years ;) 

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

Don't you start. Wykiki has been jinxing him for weeks. 🙁 

• Haha 1

i doubt eddie makes a change as radically as this, but given who we have available, i'd like to see us give this a go. you could rotate the three in behind wilson with willock, murphy and asm

10 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i know mate, i was just getting all nostalgic.

The old photos from when it was part of the A1 are good (and crazy in retrospect) 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Why do we have one of the best crossers in the league and some of the tallest players ever invented and still score fuck all headers from corners?  

:lol:

Dan Burn is a good target, but not a good header of the ball. Schar is a better header of the ball, but still not particularly good. Botman is mere moments from scoring even when he's sleeping. Wilson operates best with space and isn't tall.

On the flip-side Lascelles is actually a good header of the ball, but is otherwise Lascelles.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i doubt eddie makes a change as radically as this, but given who we have available, i'd like to see us give this a go. you could rotate the three in behind wilson with willock, murphy and asm

Longstaff doesn't like to sit deep from what we've seen of late, neither does Joe, I feel like we'd not have a lot of shape with that formation, just a lot of forward runs with still not a lot of finishing. It's more than possible that Longstaff is doing what Howe asks of him, so maybe sitting him deeper could be possible, though he's rarely convincing defensively IMO.

May be worth trying Willock out in a deeper role, he's more dangerous coming into the box late and has the energy to hound players like Joelinton does and is a good defender against the break.

We effectively know how Bournemouth will set up, they'll sit back trying to compress our space and will hit on the counter. If we're stacked with forwards who like a bit of space (Almiron, Gordon, Isak) we're playing into their hands a little because they'll have no space to work and will be too far up the pitch to get back when they counter.

They'll have plenty of bodies in the box, but can be a bit flat footed and won't like pressure when they've got possession at the back. We'll need lots of pace and movement on balls into the box, the kind that Trippier can get, but will need Wilson running superb lines to take advantage of them.

I'm not sure who will be best suited to act as that midfield fulcrum distributing the ball, but fair chance shape wise we'll need two of them. Normally it's Bruno doing that for us, against West Ham it was a mix of players, but it mostly meant that we favoured the wings more than usual. Brighton, at home, who have a similar playing style to us struggled to break down Bournemouth in their last game. They scored late with a superb header to win it. They should have scored in the first half when a bit of pressure forced Leno into a terrible pass and they were almost made to rue that missed opportunity.

• Like 2