David Moyes's Bubble-Blowing Bellwhiffs vs Eddie Howe's RELENTLESS Slaphead-Slaying Mags

Gemmill

33 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I wonder if he choses to rest Isak for Wilson given the close proximity of the games.

Wilson has a good scoring record against this lot 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Wilson has a good scoring record against this lot 

If Isak is feeling good he will start and rightfully so. Whoever in midfield had a knock will be replaced by Joelinton I reckon otherwise unchanged.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

my west ham mate reckons a point for them is an excellent result, says moyes is far too passive and will sit back and defend against us at home. apparently they were awful the other day against southampton, despite winning.

i'm not as confident in this game as i was at home against man u. west ham gave us a good game at sjp. though we were missing bruno then i think and isak wasn't playing. our bench didn't look as strong as it does now either 

I think we're better equipped to break through a LOW BLOCK* now, Isak hitting his stride and getting on the same page as Bruno is massive. ASM appearing to have improved his decision making. 

All being well in terms of injuries, I'd not make any changes. Give the same lads 60 minutes to do their thang, then bring on the likes of Joelinton, Anderson, Wilson to pose different problems for West Ham.

*Yeah I Said It Fighting GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d start Isak personally. He’s looked like a proper £60m striker since he got this run in the side 

He's not likely to start three matches in a week though? I'd save him for Brentford away on Saturday where he could expect to find more space.

It'll come down to who's recovered fully and who hasn't from Sunday, they're monitored to fuck and so I expect the science will dictate some of it.

Definitely think Willock won't be involved - not heard anything but it looked like his hamstring area was bothering him.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m going to this with my mate who supports West Ham. Unfortunately sitting in the West Ham end. He sat in the home end with me at sjp for the reverse fixture earlier this year. I expect a better performance from us this time around. The last game was pretty much the start of our mid-season slump in form 

i was going to this with a west ham supporter too, season ticket holder, lives in cheltenham. he rang me last night and now can't make it due to work.

anyway, he's given me a list of instructions to get to the game from here, what a fucking carry on man, to say nowt of being expensive, cheaper for me to go to newcastle! i'm gonna assume he knows what he's talking about seeing as he does it every other week, but do you know of an alternative where it's possible to drive further and spend less time fucking about with trains?

drive to slough.

pay for parking at slough train station car park.

get the overground to paddington

have a couple of beers in a bar at paddington

leave the paddington pub 1 hour 15 mins before the match

get a 4 zone travelcard on the elizabeth line to stratford.

walk for 20 minutes

for fucks sake!   :lol:

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

i was going to this with a west ham supporter too, season ticket holder, lives in cheltenham. he rang me last and now can't make it due to work.

anyway, he's given me a list of insructions to get to the game from here, what a fucking carry on man, to say nowt of being expensive, cheaper for me to go to newcastle! i'm gonna assume he knows what he's talking about seeing as he does it every other week, but do you know of an alternative where it's possible to drive further and spend less time fucking about with trains?

drive to slough.

walk for 20 minutes

Sack the chauffeur!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i was going to this with a west ham supporter too, season ticket holder, lives in cheltenham. he rang me last night and now can't make it due to work.

anyway, he's given me a list of instructions to get to the game from here, what a fucking carry on man, to say nowt of being expensive, cheaper for me to go to newcastle! i'm gonna assume he knows what he's talking about seeing as he does it every other week, but do you know of an alternative where it's possible to drive further and spend less time fucking about with trains?

drive to slough.

walk for 20 minutes

Your problem there is he appears to have mistaken a pub for a mode of transport. Hope this helps :good:

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i think it's the only bit of good advice on his entire to do list.

:D

To actually answer the question, if the M25's behaving then driving round to the north-east side, in on the M11, parking up around Redbridge or Woodford and getting the Central Line the rest of the way isn't a bad shout. That's a mighty big "if", though.

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

:D

To actually answer the question, if the M25's behaving then driving round to the north-east side, in on the M11, parking up around Redbridge or Woodford and getting the Central Line the rest of the way isn't a bad shout. That's a mighty big "if", though.

cheers mate. i was thinking of setting off from here at 3 for his route, would you reckon that might be pushing it for yours with the m25 in mind?  :)

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

cheers mate. i was thinking of setting off from here at 3 for his route, would you reckon that might be pushing it for yours with the m25 in mind?  :)

If all goes well you're looking at about two and a half hours of driving, and you're getting off the M25 just before rush hour properly kicks in. I reckon it's fine but with the big proviso that things can obviously go wrong in a flash and then you might be fucked. :lol: The Slough variant is certainly the safer one in that respect.

7 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

If all goes well you're looking at about two and a half hours of driving, and you're getting off the M25 just before rush hour properly kicks in. I reckon it's fine but with the big proviso that things can obviously go wrong in a flash and then you might be fucked. :lol: The Slough variant is certainly the safer one in that respect.

ok mate, ta. will do the slough one and learn to love trains.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

He's not likely to start three matches in a week though? I'd save him for Brentford away on Saturday where he could expect to find more space.

possibly not. we know eddie doesn't like to change a winning side though