Longhaired Tommy Spankbank's Big Betting Brentford vs Eddie Howe's UNDENIABLE Hammer-Smashing Mags

Gemmill

55 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Went for a lovely evening stroll last night and had to side step a massive group of pissed up Yorkshire piss heads who must have been on a stag do. Wyki?

Can't fucking do stag dos they're so cliché 

Sassy Hair GIF

• Haha 8

8 hours ago, Renton said:

I don't deny it. But they're not going to close a 10 point gap in 8 matches (for them, 9 for us) man, meaning Spurs are a greater threat (going back to Gloom's post). Howay and Rosco are right as well. Other than Spurs, they've beaten nobody of note since the WC. 

Ah, crossed wires, I thought you meant it'd be a stroll in our game, not that they'd challenge for 4th.

Not seen any mention but when Schar went down in the box there seemed to be no consideration at all.

Not sure what did happen when he fell but they spent about 5 minutes deciding on Isak's foul for which the referee had a much better angle. 

Pathetic 😡 

• Like 2

Apart from needing a time limit on decisions, the other thing I said about VAR is that the officials looking at it in a screen are the ones who should overturn any decisions (if they decide the ref has made an error). On several occasions this season you’ve had situations where the ref has made the correct decision or has made arguably the correct call on a marginal decision. Only then to be asked to have a look at something again. This inevitably sows the seed of doubt in the ref’s mind. They then have to look at a screen and quickly reconsider their position. Looking at replays someone else has chosen, with the added pressure of doing it pitch side in front of the crowd. So you have the VAR official who has gotten involved when they shouldn’t have but then they don’t even take ultimate responsibility for that. Don’t get me wrong, a lot of the refereeing is poor but, in this instance, they’re being hung out to dry. It’s ridiculous 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Not seen any mention but when Schar went down in the box there seemed to be no consideration at all.

Not sure what did happen when he fell but they spent about 5 minutes deciding on Isak's foul for which the referee had a much better angle. 

Pathetic 😡 

Aye, I think the inconsistency is another area where it’s so frustrating. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Apart from needing a time limit on decisions, the other thing I said about VAR is that the officials looking at it in a screen are the ones who should overturn any decisions (if they decide the ref has made an error). On several occasions this season you’ve had situations where the ref has made the correct decision or has made arguably the correct call on a marginal decision. Only then to be asked to have a look at something again. This inevitably sows the seed of doubt in the ref’s mind. They then have to look at a screen and quickly reconsider their position. Looking at replays someone else has chosen, with the added pressure of doing it pitch side in front of the crowd. So you have the VAR official who has gotten involved when they shouldn’t have but then they don’t even take ultimate responsibility for that. Don’t get me wrong, a lot of the refereeing is poor but, in this instance, they’re being hung out to dry. It’s ridiculous 

That was the key to that  shitshow against Palace where the angle they kept showing was the one which didn't show the "truth". 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye I’m fairly sure there’s only been one time this season where a ref has been told to go to the sideline monitor and they’ve stuck with their original decision. There’s also so many borderline ones which are being reviewed yet ones that quite clearly were a foul go unreviewed, for just us alone I can think of the kicks to the head on Schar and Longstaff which we’re both ignored yet they spent 5 minutes reviewing Isak barely lifting his foot.

The Wilson one is an absolute joke as well, I’ve still not seen a single angle where it looks like anything else but his shoulder and even if it did what advantage was gained? His arm was completely against his body and if it wasn’t there it was hitting his side, the review there has meant it was an impossibility for Wilson to avoid infringement there which is an absurd reading of the rules. I personally thought the officiating in our game was almost as bad as the Brighton game it’s just it ended up not costing us so it has been swept under the rug. That’s only the big decisions too, his general officiating was woeful, Hickey spent the whole game diving and got a free kick every time, meanwhile they kicked us when we received the ball at the half way line every single fucking time and it went ignored. It’s a good thing both our goals were as clean as possible as I’ve no doubt they’d have been overturned for fuck all (as the Wilson goal). 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, NJS said:

You can add that we didn't get a Webb apology for the Forest debacle - I'm guessing because again it didn't affect the result. 

How about the Palace one? Because that was the most egregious of the lot for me, and it turned 3 points into 1. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

How about the Palace one? Because that was the most egregious of the lot for me, and it turned 3 points into 1. 

I think we did get one for that but that's probably the season quota. 

15 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Botman is young, he will learn. He's been immense on the whole, think how badly some established defenders have struggled after moving to this league.

I'm more worried about Pope. His shot saving continues to be superb no doubt. But its heart in the mouth time almost every single time he gets the ball at his feet. 

Isak is something else like. Far from the finished article, he lost the ball in good moments today for instance, but he just has so much to his game. A very complete player who has the ability to do something special out of nothing as well. Stunning finish again today. The strange part for me was that as Wilson rolled the ball to him, I thought he's going to score, he's got the ability to score those week in week out. Henryesque in the way he moves and takes the ball on. 

Pope worries me when rushing out of the area or trying to catch/punch corner……they are both areas that urgently need working on

• Like 1

FWIW the FAs handball law is different to the "below the sleeve" graphic that is doing the rounds. It rules a handball as anything below the armpit

Explains why Wilson's goal was chalked off (and Mitumo's)

0AE0EF10-A8EB-402D-B25B-99DAC3D71876.thumb.jpeg.445e11d105fc9b1ad1351d1cf6d7dcfd.jpeg

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2

England watched the incident 23 times from various angles, and in total the review took three minutes from the challenge to Kavanagh signalling the penalty kick. Almost five minutes had elapsed by the time Toney's spot kick hit the back of the net. It's difficult to see what level of contact there was, but it certainly wasn't significant.

TWENTY THREE times????

10 hours ago, Dougle said:

Add that to the rest of the stoppages of which there were a canny few and we got 3 mins extra time.....

Quite happy to accept minimal extra time if we are winning :smile: