Eddie “ Eagle-Eyed Action Man, with Gripping Hands” Howe’s Unstoppable Force vs Playmobil Heed’s Perennial Bottle Arse(nal)’s. Sun 7th May. Saint James’es’s Park. 16:30h.

Monkeys Fist

Just now, Dougle said:

Isak and Wilson starting together is not the way.

The last few games beg to differ.  We have done alright too so far, but these aren't second for being shit.  They're just doing better at holding them.

1 minute ago, Dougle said:

Isak and Wilson starting together is not the way.

Not in this game anyway.

As for the VAR decision. I think it would have been a bit of a harsh penalty, however, I think it still hit his arm and I do not think it was a clear and obvious error which is why he had to watch it so many times. Surely clear and obvious would only require 1 watch or it is not clear and obvious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Yes, we could have conceded three, but could easily have scored 2 plus had a penalty. Pope has made a couple of excellent saves.

I think Pope has been amazing in the game so far. I also think Willock could have scored and I think the pen should have stood. If it was a mistake, it was not clear and obvious.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The last few games beg to differ.  We have done alright too so far, but these aren't second for being shit.  They're just doing better at holding them.

I think this is the first time we have started with them together.

• Like 1

VAR shouldn’t have intervened, the rules on that are pretty clear imo but it’s arsenal so they’ll help them out. 

I think Bruno has been fucking awful, he needs to release the ball quicker. I also agree we need to switch things around, Murphy has been killing us with these missed chances. 

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Plus Wilson has been putting in some great work to rile up the defense. When Isak has the ball they start ball watching. Our midfield just have to keep us in this and we'll have chances up front.

1 minute ago, Howay said:

VAR shouldn’t have intervened, the rules on that are pretty clear imo but it’s arsenal so they’ll help them out. 

I think Bruno has been fucking awful, he needs to release the ball quicker. I also agree we need to switch things around, Murphy has been killing us with these missed chances. 

Bruno was doing alright but a few times he could have passed wide to Murphy or Trips to get an earlier cross in and hasn't.  Murphy needs to get his head up FFS and get better balls in.

1 minute ago, toonotl said:

Shearer blowing up. :lol:

Gallagher: "I think it's hit his leg"

Shearer: (at 100 decibels) "You think, or you know Dermott!?"

Gallagher: "well..."

Shearer: "Are you 100%? If it's so obvious why did they have to look at it seven times? Are you 100% it's hit his leg?"

Gallagher: (because he's a slimy ex-ref) "Yes"

Then Ian Wright with coke bottle glasses chimes in saying they should have called it off his leg straight away, with Shearer still going on about it. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sakisle said:

Eddie teaching other teams how to time waste like at the emirates 

Dumb And Dumber GIF

• Haha 1

Don’t think we have been at our best but still

been the better team.

Problem we have now is they can hit us on the break, which they are excellent at. 

Think Isak wide left hasn’t worked because Saka is just doubling up on him with White.

• Like 3