Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

Just now, toonotl said:

Best ever PL team in its full pomp fail to turn up completely and get beaten by the worst and lowest league finishing ManU team in living memory. Sums up our luck for the season.

It was kind of tailor-made for Man Utd if Man City didn’t quite click though. They’ll bang on about how amazing Man Utd were but they had everyone behind the ball looking to catch Man City on the break. There’s only a handful of sides that works against. 

• Like 1

Yeah only got ourselves to blame for having to rely on something else. You just couldn't make that result up though. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fucking typical jammy Manc utd cunts. The only positive is that we'll be free to concentrate on the league and not have to deal with Thursday, Sunday/Monday turnaround. The question is how much will it affect both keeping and buying players, if at all. I can't imagine Bruno and Isak will get the hump just because they won't be playing Europa Conference. If we can keep our "purple" players, add a few more, and have better luck with injuries we should get Europe next season pretty handily. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

Really hope Bruno doesn't leave with no Europe, but if he does go for £100m, means we could likely spend north of £200m with FFP and fees spread out over 4 years

11 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Fucking typical jammy Manc utd cunts. The only positive is that we'll be free to concentrate on the league and not have to deal with Thursday, Sunday/Monday turnaround. The question is how much will it affect both keeping and buying players, if at all. I can't imagine Bruno and Isak will get the hump just because they won't be playing Europa Conference. If we can keep our "purple" players, add a few more, and have better luck with injuries we should get Europe next season pretty handily. 

I honestly don’t think it makes much difference as it’s not much of a pull for players. It just would’ve been nice as we’d have had a good chance of winning it 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I honestly don’t think it makes much difference as it’s not much of a pull for players. It just would’ve been nice as we’d have had a good chance of winning it 

If at all it might rather affect commercial deals with less global exposure. If we can hold on to the important players we will gave a chance of building a solid squad as foundation of future progress.

• Like 3

Yeah the commercial end is probably the biggest downside of not getting the conference. Then again we could have played in the conference next season, it would probably have affected our league form, and we could have missed out on Europe. It's swings and roundabouts to a certain extent. In the long run it may be better to finish higher in the league next season than go on a conference run.

• Like 2

Aye it's the FFP that's the main thing here. Don't really mind not playing in the competition other than that. It's bloody typical what's happened though, us losing control of the Europa place right near the end of the season. What pissed me off is that Manu have had our number when it really counts forever, and that hasn't changed in the last two seasons. Can't stand the cu**s. Finishing above them for the first time is a start though. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Chelsea must be gutted they’ve dropped into the Conference league. 

Every cloud….

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

When the odds are stacked against them. :lol:

What a cunt he is. Fucking embarrassing 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Armstrong in the same vein as Gayle. Guarantees you 20+ goals in the championship, but will get you 5 or 6 goals in the premier league if you're lucky 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Armstrong in the same vein as Gayle. Guarantees you 20+ goals in the championship, but will get you 5 or 6 goals in the premier league if you're lucky 

His pace lets him down.

• Like 1

I hate Leeds , but fucking howay you yorkshire cunts just so I dont have to hear that fucking awful song next season

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Get bids in for Gray and Summerville

Nah, not Summerville.....he wears gloves 😂

• Haha 1