Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Im thinking back to the start of the season when Jamie Sketchers told Sky viewers De Zerbi may be THE BEST MANAGER IN THE WORLD :lol: 

De Zerbi - The Italian Big Ange. Maybe they could arrange a double act at Liverpool (they have previous with having two managers at a time). Their centre backs will never leave the centre circle and ONLY pass amongst themselves regardless of the opposition's press.

• Haha 1

Did you see the third goal last night? :lol:

Brighton doing a passing drill in their own box whilst swarmed by Man City players. 

"But he sticks to his PRINCIPLES! You have to admire that." 

But FOUR NIL! No I don't. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Did you see the third goal last night? :lol:

Brighton doing a passing drill in their own box whilst swarmed by Man City players. 

"But he sticks to his PRINCIPLES! You have to admire that." 

But FOUR NIL! No I don't. 

They did the same at SJP last season when Miggy destroyed them by constantly putting their keeper under pressure. Despite shipping goals for fun they still tried to play out from the back because it's the only tactic he has. When it works well it's great for them, but when it doesn't they tend to get beat, heavily.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

They did the same at SJP last season when Miggy destroyed them by constantly putting their keeper under pressure. Despite shipping goals for fun they still tried to play out from the back because it's the only tactic he has. When it works well it's great for them, but when it doesn't they tend to get beat, heavily.

what a fucking electric night in SJP that was - absolutely magic and along with the Arsenal game the previous season, the best I've seen it since the Keegan days. I didn't mange to get tickets for PSG at home but I gather that was arguably just as good or even better. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, they were an absolute gift that night. 

I distinctly remember the commentators/pundits wanking themselves daft over Brighton, and we were coming off a bunch of shitty results, including getting shagged by Villa so they were all praying we'd collapse again only for Brighton to completely shit the bed. It was glorious :lol:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what a fucking electric night in SJP that was - absolutely magic and along with the Arsenal game the previous season, the best I've seen it since the Keegan days. I didn't mange to get tickets for PSG at home but I gather that was arguably just as good or even better. 

Judging from my armchair, I would say the PSG game (and probably all the CL games tbf) had the better atmosphere because of the nature and level of importance, but it's been a while since the atmosphere was completely flat and shit (probably pre takeover)

11 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Judging from my armchair, I would say the PSG game (and probably all the CL games tbf) had the better atmosphere because of the nature and level of importance, but it's been a while since the atmosphere was completely flat and shit (probably pre takeover)

tbh, the last game i went to at home (1-1 v everton) was a bit of a throwback. flat as fuck.

it was one of those where the crowd turned up expecting to win. i had a great seat in the milburn paddock in terms of view - just above the dugout - but atmosphere? not so much. i was surrounded by old blokes in their 50s and 60s who didn't try to join in with any signing - even after we scored. the only time they made any noise was to complain. time for some of these old timers to give up their season tickets for the next generation. a lot of them don't seem like they're getting any joy out of it, so why bother? the corner did its best to get things going but the rest of the crowd couldn't be arsed - you could hear a pin drop at times.  

if we do build a new ground there should be a designated section for boring old bastards ticked high in the gods somewhere, as well as designated singing sections behind the goals. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

tbh, the last game i went to at home (1-1 v everton) was a bit of a throwback. flat as fuck.

it was one of those where the crowd turned up expecting to win. i had a great seat in the milburn paddock in terms of view - just above the dugout - but atmosphere? not so much. i was surrounded by old blokes in their 50s and 60s who didn't try to join in with any signing - even after we scored. the only time they made any noise was to complain. time for some of these old timers to give up their season tickets for the next generation. a lot of them don't seem like they're getting any joy out of it, so why bother? the corner did its best to get things going but the rest of the crowd couldn't be arsed - you could hear a pin drop at times.  

if we do build a new ground there should be a designated section for boring old bastards ticked high in the gods somewhere, as well as designated singing sections behind the goals. 

A plot round the back for their ashes to be scattered would be better tbh.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Electric afternoon at my apartment as well. The wife had the kids out at the playground and I had the place all to myself. They heard me singing "We're going to Italy" coming off the elevator down the hallway - we'd just scored our third (also my fav goal of that season.) Who knows what the neighbors thought, and who cares? :nufc: Hoping for a similar grandstand finish this season - I'm picturing 5000 Geordies singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" to a clueless Dutch fraud as the mighty Isak powers us into the EL. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dazzler said:

De Zerbi - The Italian Big Ange. Maybe they could arrange a double act at Liverpool (they have previous with having two managers at a time). Their centre backs will never leave the centre circle and ONLY pass amongst themselves regardless of the opposition's press.

• Haha 6

I still have no idea why top class players put back passes directly on goal, mind. It’s fucking asking for trouble. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I still have no idea why top class players put back passes directly on goal, mind. It’s fucking asking for trouble. 

Aye, even in the old, old, days we were told, never pass back on goal.

• Like 2

It's one of the things you get drilled into you at the most basic level of coaching. But then, PL-standard players still commit foul throws and play square balls across their own box....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Aye, even in the old, old, days we were told, never pass back on goal.

18 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

It's one of the things you get drilled into you at the most basic level of coaching. But then, PL-standard players still commit foul throws and play square balls across their own box....

Never heard any coach ever come out with this but then again, teaching young lads in Walker how to play football back in the 80s would've been like telling a fish how to swim. :lol:

42 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Leeds 2 down at Palace. Leeds fans bang on how great Mesllier is. He's fucking gash man. 

Well Queens Park Rangers do have a Queen in their name and the Queen used to live at the Palace, so yeah I can see how you did that 😂

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Leeds fans bang on how great Mesllier is. He's fucking gash man. 

I dunno, cunt is 6'6", top of the pile for clean sheets in the Championship this season and not even close to his prime years as a goalie.

Bad night for him but fuck all he could do for the first or second or third. 4th goal is the only one you'd say he really ought to be saving. 

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Leeds 2 down at Palace. Leeds fans bang on how great Mesllier is. He's fucking gash man. 

Tbf I have a weird blind spot for QPR and Crystal Palace, always get them mixed up for some reason, don't know why.