Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I also get the impression he went to

Spurs mainly for the lifestyle. He’s still young but he’s won the league and the cup. Spurs might win a trophy but they don’t look any closer to a serious chance of winning the league. I don’t really see Maddison as anything other than a squad player for England either, given the competition. So that’s unlikely to be much of a motivation going forward. I agree he’s talented but not in the sort of top drawer ‘game changer’ category. A bit of a luxury player really. 

I think he  signed after the title winning season at Leicester. Aye, he definitely went there for his lifestyle (which I don't blame him for). I think his missus is an influencer as well.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think he  signed after the title winning season at Leicester. Aye, he definitely went there for his lifestyle (which I don't blame him for). I think his missus is an influencer as well.

Aye, I checked. My memory must be playing tricks on me as I thought he was there when they won the league. And yeah, I can’t say I blame him either. Probably as well we didn’t pursue him too much though if that’s the case 

• Like 1

I didn't particularly want him, definitely didn't want the kid that went to villa whose name escapes me at the minute. 

I thought he'd have been a great signing the summer before last for where we were and trying to get to. Last summer it felt like things had moved on and I was pleased we didn't bite.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I didn't particularly want him, definitely didn't want the kid that went to villa whose name escapes me at the minute. 

Tielemans? Or however the fuck you spell it

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

Tielemans? Or however the fuck you spell it

Aye, that's the lad, his attitude stunk the place out when they went down, an absolute lightweight. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Yeah. I don’t think he has the energy to play 8 in a Howe team.  Nice footballer as a 10 though but a class below Coke Palmer etc

Diaby is the player you’re thinking of. He looked good at the start of the season but hasn’t hit any heights yet.

Edited by Holden McGroin

If by "he went to London for the lifestyle" you mean to party and live the single life, I think you're all doing him a disservice. He's got a lass and twin kids, so I don't think he's in Fabric every night 

No, I meant he’s got more edge than a broken piss pot 👍🏻

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Bournemouth getting a perfectly good goal ruled out now.

“Deeesgrace”

They should've threw the book at that cunt after we beat them up here, fuck all happens then refs drop their arses in the future.

• Like 1

Birmingham doon and Ipswich up. Quite pleased Plymouth stayed up by the skin of their teeth, as I have a bit of soft spot for them as they were my grandad’s team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Birmingham doon 

Sacking John Eustace in order to appoint Rooney doesn’t look so clever now.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

We cant sign Summerville.  Cunts wearing gloves man! 

Aye he wouldn't be able to adjust to Newcastle anyway, he's a smalltown boy I've heard. 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye he wouldn't be able to adjust to Newcastle anyway, he's a smalltown boy I've heard. 

I enjoyed that more than I should have done.

leonardo dicaprio gatsby GIF

• Haha 6

VAR respond to Forest's tweet with a shockingly poor penalty given against them.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Birmingham doon and Ipswich up. Quite pleased Plymouth stayed up by the skin of their teeth, as I have a bit of soft spot for them as they were my grandad’s team. 

Plus they rolled out the black and white carpet for us when we got promoted.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Hate to say it but Arsenal look like champions

Yeah, maybe. But man city aren’t about to start losing, surely   

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yeah, maybe. But man city aren’t about to start losing, surely   

You’d hope not but it does feel like if Arsenal don’t do it this year, they’ll do it the next. They’re not quite as strong as Klopp’s runner-ups were but they’re fucking class