Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

Screenshot_20240507-054242.png.a3b76b2cfcc61a69882d7e3ffcb5eed8.png

Table sorted by Expected Points. Man United in 15th - Ten Hag is miles worse than the real table suggests. 

Check out West Ham btw, in case you're feeling sorry for Moyes. :lol:

Also, Villa and Spurs vs us. Villa 14 points better off than they should be. :lol: Wait til next season when they've got CL. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I went to Heaton Stannington on Thursday night to watch them beat Birtley Town in the playoff semi final in front of an excellent crowd of nearly 1,300. Then I was at the final (again at home) yesterday as they beat surprise finalists West Auckland 3-0 with a set of well taken goals in front of over 2,000 fans. Which is a pretty crazy attendance for that level (level 9 / promotion to level 8 on the pyramid). Good angle of the first goal: 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Grown ups only. 

NOT FOR THE BOGANS! 

xPoints, xG etc will never be able to wholly accurately reflect the nuances of the game, the pressure, fatigue, makings of an injury that influence a forward as they prepare to take a shot. It's merely probability based modeling based on previous data for shots taken from similar areas with similar preceding action. No consideration for the quality or positioning of the keeper. Expected points is then an extrapolation based off xG. The fact that the reality is so much less predictable is why the game continues to be interesting. Villa have a quality GK (who's an unlikable dick) and a consistent team with forwards in form.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

We will fucking destroy these on their own patch. Get your mortgage on it. There for the taking and Howe doesn't like that cunt.

This is Manchester United we are talking about.  They're dreadful but they have a lifetime of Ref and officials in their back pocket and spawn capacity of 100.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20240507-054242.png.a3b76b2cfcc61a69882d7e3ffcb5eed8.png

Table sorted by Expected Points. Man United in 15th - Ten Hag is miles worse than the real table suggests. 

Check out West Ham btw, in case you're feeling sorry for Moyes. :lol:

Also, Villa and Spurs vs us. Villa 14 points better off than they should be. :lol: Wait til next season when they've got CL. 

So after nearly 150 years of English professional football we can now “accurately” say that the league table does actually lie? 😏

• Haha 5

On 02/02/2024 at 09:33, Gemmill said:

They're absurdly lucky to the point where I suppose you eventually have to concede that there's something more than just luck there? 

But I still think Ten Hag is a bang average manager getting results through, like you say, individual quality. Like they're almost getting results in spite of his efforts, not because of them. 

I would expect us to cruise past them in the second half of the season as we get people back and benefit from being on the training ground more. 

For people who like to push the "OMG ANOTHER BAD PREDICTION" fake news. 

This one was met with... 

otter-otterly.gif

"We NEVER finish above them!" 

Apologise below if you want, or just PM me if it's too much for you to do it publicly. 

• Like 1

Seeing as we're talking about bad predictions...

On 14/08/2023 at 15:05, The Fish said:

Signing of the season: Tonali

On 14/08/2023 at 15:33, Toonpack said:

On 14/08/2023 at 15:38, LongTimeAdmirer said:

On 14/08/2023 at 16:03, Rayvin said:

On 14/08/2023 at 17:10, Howmanheyman said:

On 14/08/2023 at 17:27, MMXXVIII said:

Signing of the season: Tonali

On 14/08/2023 at 19:40, aimaad22 said:

On 15/08/2023 at 08:32, LondonBlue said:

Signing of the season: Tonali

• Haha 13

51 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This one was met with... 

otter-otterly.gif

Apologise below if you want, or just PM me if it's too much for you to do it publicly. 

Given there's 3 games left, they can still MATHEMATICALLY finish above us and we're STILL TO PLAY these knackers, I think your blowing your own dick a little early here.  Impressive feat given your circumstances mind, so kudos for that but still.

PS. I Gemmill'd up my statement with some ALL CAPS words (ooh I did it again!) just for you :good:

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Given there's 3 games left, they can still MATHEMATICALLY finish above us and we're STILL TO PLAY these knackers, I think your blowing your own dick a little early here.  Impressive feat given your circumstances mind, so kudos for that but still.

PS. I Gemmill'd up my statement with some ALL CAPS words (ooh I did it again!) just for you :good:

Listen CHEESEDICK. Only I can pull of the caps lock posts, and it's indicative of your DISMAL outlook that you are remotely concerned about these overtaking us. 

You are now the only person on here with TWO apologies to make. Let's hope we don't end up with more. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

Listen CHEESEDICK. Only I can pull of the caps lock posts, and it's indicative of your DISMAL outlook that you are remotely concerned about these overtaking us. 

You are now the only person on here with TWO apologies to make. Let's hope we don't end up with more. 

Calm down MICRO COCK, I never said I was remotely concerned about those turds overtaking us. I just pointed out that it's still a slight possibility so better to keep schtum instead of blowing your own trumpet before the seasons concluded.

Also, as I've now proved TWICE, I too can pull off caps lock posts with aplomb so you no longer have the monopoly on that stylistic choice. 

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

If you watched Casemiro playing the last 3 months you’d think he was the worst player the PL has ever seen. That includes Fumaca.

They basically paid £70m (or whatever it was) for one decent season 

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Jennifer Patrick on X: "This explains last night...mainly shaz the little  slag #ructions http://t.co/Cxo4t8p7WL" / X

Nah, all made on jest. For the record I actually like Gemmill, he WAS one of my favourite posters on this board. Not sure he feels the same about me mind :lol:

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

This one was met with... 

otter-otterly.gif

fuck's sake man.

gemmill single handedly ensuring we finish 8th here.

:(

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

fuck's sake man.

gemmill single handedly ensuring we finish 8th here.

:(

I will HOCKLE on your purple hoodie.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Nah, all made on jest. For the record I actually like Gemmill, he WAS one of my favourite posters on this board. Not sure he feels the same about me mind :lol:

I'm EVERYBODY'S favourite poster. 

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm EVERYBODY'S favourite poster. 

Hubris, thy name is Gemmill :lol:

• Haha 3