Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

I think every player can be moulded to fit Pep's system in fairness. I never really understood their desire to get Grealish, and it took him a year but he's absolutely flying now. Phillips is(was?) a quality player, but injuries have stopped him ever really getting up to standard. I would worry that the same would be the case for us. Our play is so intense that it would take him 6-12 months to get up to our standard of press, and he could breakdown at any moment.

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I said in the Transfer thread would we take him.

There's a player in there.  Apart from his injuries which have clearly had an impact, do you think he fits into Pep's system?  Or do you think he's just not loving life in Manchester?

I think the injuries had a big impact.

I think he's fine in Manchester, it's only a few miles from Leeds after all.

There are rumours that he doesn't impress Pep in training.

To be fair to him he hasn't had a real run of games and lets face it, he's not shifting Rodri.

I like him but I'd take £25m for him.

A January loan might work all around.

Both he and John Stones (who is awesome, hands off) have probably played more minutes for England than for City. Not their fault. Just weird.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I think every player can be moulded to fit Pep's system in fairness. I never really understood their desire to get Grealish, and it took him a year but he's absolutely flying now. Phillips is(was?) a quality player, but injuries have stopped him ever really getting up to standard. I would worry that the same would be the case for us. Our play is so intense that it would take him 6-12 months to get up to our standard of press, and he could breakdown at any moment.

I'm okay with that. Shall we say £30m + add ons?

Just now, LondonBlue said:

I'm okay with that. Shall we say £30m + add ons?

Aye, if you lend us £55m to repair the hole in the pocket of our finely pressed Italian pants.

16 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

I think the injuries had a big impact.

I think he's fine in Manchester, it's only a few miles from Leeds after all.

There are rumours that he doesn't impress Pep in training.

To be fair to him he hasn't had a real run of games and lets face it, he's not shifting Rodri.

I like him but I'd take £25m for him.

A January loan might work all around.

Both he and John Stones (who is awesome, hands off) have probably played more minutes for England than for City. Not their fault. Just weird.

Aye, Rodri at the moment is the best in the world.  That cannot be easy for him, but you would think that would spur him on to work his bollocks off and also learn from him and Pep.

Re Manc being close to Leeds.  You're right.  I'm in Leeds and as a result know loads of Leeds fans.  Yorkshire folk and especially Leeds fans have fucking huge chips on their shoulders about Manchester.  I don't know why, I think its a great city.  It's all this Leeds Leeds Leeds hand wanking bollocks.

• Haha 1

Just now, PaddockLad said:

If Yorkshire folks are wanking their bollocks and not their tadgers then things are worse there than I first feared :cuppa:

At least they are using their hands apparently. So they aren't a million miles away.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I remember the Profanisaurus entry for Barnsley Blowjob which was where you're humping a lass from that particular Yorkshire hellhole when she farts so powerfully that it parts your bollock hair.

Roger's Profanisaurus was a key part of my childhood. We used to head into Waterstones on the way back from Riley's on a Saturday morning and piss ourselves laughing at it until someone chucked us out. Sad? Maybe.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye, Rodri at the moment is the best in the world.  That cannot be easy for him, but you would think that would spur him on to work his bollocks off and also learn from him and Pep.

Re Manc being close to Leeds.  You're right.  I'm in Leeds and as a result know loads of Leeds fans.  Yorkshire folk and especially Leeds fans have fucking huge chips on their shoulders about Manchester.  I don't know why, I think its a great city.  It's all this Leeds Leeds Leeds hand wanking bollocks.

You don't know why Leeds hate Manchester?

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You don't know why Leeds hate Manchester?

I thought we all hate Leeds?

Been in London a long time but fairly sure Manchester doesn't much care about Leeds either way.

Although my missus is from thereabouts and she supports Man United because she believes Leeds are racist, so supporting the team they hate made sense.

Manchester's hatred is mostly reserved for Liverpool. Which makes sense as they deserve it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

At the time it was said that Grealish gave us something different. His ball carrying from outside the box into the box stats were mental. Also he had an release clause and Txiki loves targeting players with a release clause (does Bruno have one? anything in the 80-100 mark would be nice)

13 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

I thought we all hate Leeds?

Been in London a long time but fairly sure Manchester doesn't much care about Leeds either way.

Although my missus is from thereabouts and she supports Man United because she believes Leeds are racist, so supporting the team they hate made sense.

Manchester's hatred is mostly reserved for Liverpool. Which makes sense as they deserve it.

My Mrs is from Yorkshire and has that Yorkshirey adoration for the place. I mean, I get it, she grew up in a nice part of Yorkshire, and there are some beautiful parts of the county. But it's not that it's nice, it's that it's nicer than everywhere else. Which I don't get. The pressure to move to Yorkshire is very real.

Season 3 Reaction GIF by American Gods

I found that Mancs will be proud of where they're from, despite it's admittedly shit bits. Same with Geordies. But Scousers and Yorkshiremen think their place is flawlessly amazing and everywhere else is shit. One of my wife's school friends went travelling across Australia and on his return earnestly complained that he missed the dry stone walls. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

My Mrs is from Yorkshire and has that Yorkshirey adoration for the place. I mean, I get it, she grew up in a nice part of Yorkshire, and there are some beautiful parts of the county. But it's not that it's nice, it's that it's nicer than everywhere else. Which I don't get. The pressure to move to Yorkshire is very real.

I found that Mancs will be proud of where they're from, despite it's admittedly shit bits. Same with Geordies. But Scousers and Yorkshiremen think their place is flawlessly amazing and everywhere else is shit. One of my wife's school friends went travelling across Australia and on his return earnestly complained that he missed the dry stone walls. 

Scousers and their weird obsession with how great everything scouse is makes me sick tbh. I've been to Liverpool, apart from the main touristy bits it's a shit hole, and I am much less likely to get stabbed in the north east.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Absolutely nailed it.

• Haha 2

McCoist and Ferdinand insisting Young shouldn't be sejt off there. Fuck off lads, why should the ref "cut him a bit of slack". It's a second yellow.

There's plenty to pick refs up on without shite like this.

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Quiet as fuck isn't it? They've all been infected by whiny cunt Klopp's lunch time kickoff patter.

You and ayatollah must be wrong as ex Liverpool player, Ray Houghton, just said 'listen to the crowd now' as I picked up the daughter about ten minutes ago. I'm back in the house and it's silent. Did I miss a spontaneous anfield crowd combustion?

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

McCoist and Ferdinand insisting Young shouldn't be sejt off there. Fuck off lads, why should the ref "cut him a bit of slack". It's a second yellow.

There's plenty to pick refs up on without shite like this.

I missed  Youngs first yellow but Tsmiskas should have got one earlier.