Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

Aye he seems a proper sound bloke. I was listening to a podcast the other day, and the bloke was saying anyone who's a Spurs employee who is on duty at a home game piles into the dressing room for his post match speeches cos it's proper stirring shit to hear.

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

whisper it but we're still in the title race 

So long as you continue not attending matches we are :lol: - Please tell us you are at least 1000 miles from Dortmund this evening otherwise I may as well wash my lucky toon top now (tbh I reckon my family could do with us losing tonight, the top could do with a wash).

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye he seems a proper sound bloke. I was listening to a podcast the other day, and the bloke was saying anyone who's a Spurs employee who is on duty at a home game piles into the dressing room for his post match speeches cos it's proper stirring shit to hear.

"Okay lads, that was a good as gold perfawrmance tonight. Udogie wat the bloody root was that two footed challenge about ya fuckin' wally? Christian, you too ya fuckin' stupid wally. Vicahrio, wat a fuckin' perfawrmance cunt. Shame about the bloody fah goals though. I hope klopp, the bloody turkey teeth wankah 'n artetah the bloody sook lego bloke enjoy my pressah lads, i'm garn ta bury them. Fahkin' fair dinkum cobber."

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

"Okay lads, that was a good as gold perfawrmance tonight. Udogie wat the bloody root was that two footed challenge about ya fuckin' wally? Christian, you too ya fuckin' stupid wally. Vicahrio, wat a fuckin' perfawrmance cunt. Shame about the bloody fah goals though. I hope klopp, the bloody turkey teeth wankah 'n artetah the bloody sook lego bloke enjoy my pressah lads, i'm garn ta bury them. Fahkin' fair dinkum cobber."

I didn't realise he was from Johannesburg? :cuppa:

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I didn't realise he was from Johannesburg? :cuppa:

This is Johannesburg Ange:

"okihiy lads, thaht wihs a good pihřfořmance tonihyit. Udogihe whaht thihh bloody hall wihs thaht two footihd chollihnge abouht you fuckihng idihot? chřihstihan, you too you fuckihng stupihd twaht. Vihcařiho, whaht a fuckihng pihřfořmance cunht. Shame abouht thihh four goals though. I hope klopp, thihh bloody tuřkihy tiheth wankihr and ařtihta thihh cřyihng lihgo mihhn enjoy my prhrihssihr lads, i'm guhna buřy thihm. Fahkihn' faihr dihnkum cobbihrr."

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Why do you have to say these things? You're cursed.

honestly, i don't fear any side in this league other than man city. they'll win it again, but if our luck with injuries improves we can run them close. we're well in with a shout of finishing anywhere between 2nd-6th. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

honestly, i don't fear any side in this league other than man city. they'll win it again, but if our luck with injuries improves we can run them close. we're well in with a shout of finishing anywhere between 2nd-6th. 

Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He had a proper dig at wykiki there too when he said "you can guarantee the next thing we'll have is referees mic'd up explaining their decisions". I like him more by the second.

Ange being Ange, and he's still in friend making mode with the media. It's not the refs who need to be mic'd up but the VARs explanation should be available at the time they make the decision. That pin-headed potato fancier Dermott Gallagher wouldn't be very happy about that though because he's made a career revival out of explaining the decision making processes for the VAR despite the fact that he's not refereed in the Premier League for over 15 years.

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

but if our luck with injuries improves

It's not luck. It's a function of how we play unfortunately. We are capable of winning a cup but we can't win a league playing the way we do. Look at Man City, they control the game in a way we just don't, they don't need to press so hard, they retain posession, they're at the next level. It's why they always come to the fore in the second half of the season whereas I fear we will drop off through a mix of accumulation of injuries and exhaustion. I'll be over the moon with top 4 like. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's not luck. It's a function of how we play unfortunately. We are capable of winning a cup but we can't win a league playing the way we do. Look at Man City, they control the game in a way we just don't, they don't need to press so hard, they retain posession, they're at the next level. It's why they always come to the fore in the second half of the season whereas I fear we will drop off through a mix of accumulation of injuries and exhaustion. I'll be over the moon with top 4 like. 

I was thinking this and understand what you’re staying - but Targett is not worn out and pulled his hammy.  BDBs injury was also from a fall. 

Barnes was a broken bone. Tonali’s bank balance is broken. Botman fell awkwardly. Murphy’s shoulder popped out  Etc etc 

These aren’t muscle injuries. It’s an element of bad luck. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I was thinking this and understand what you’re staying - but Targett is not worn out and pulled his hammy.  BDBs injury was also from a fall. 

Barnes was a broken bone. Tonali’s bank balance is broken. Botman fell awkwardly. Murphy’s shoulder popped out  Etc etc 

and good luck some days, but mostly bad.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Maybe, but we're just into November. I'm not sure the way we play will only increase the risk of muscle injuries. BDB pushed himself to the limits before doing his back, Murphy, dislocated shoulder, Anderson, stress fracture, Isak looking out of sorts before his injury. Maybe its the lack of depth causing these injuries as much as our tempo but then you have to factor in fatigue being an issue too, all exacerbated by much more games. Gloom said we'd do well if we were lucky with injuries, I think you make your own luck in that regard to an extent. Having said that, Man City have also had some major injuries to contend with so it's not just us and I love our style from a viewer perspective. 

46 minutes ago, Renton said:

sausage GIF

• Haha 2

The injuries just seem to be down to luck and timing. Maybe Murphy shouldn't have played but dislocated shoulders can take a long time to limit the likelihood of it reoccurring.

Id like to hope that in a couple of months when we start getting these lads back that we will be stronger in the latter half. Some are not fatigue injuries, just one offs but they're all occuring together. We just have to roll with it. 

• Like 1