Sir Eddie's Champion's League Prospects vs Senor Nee Baals Conference League Spunkbuckets

Gemmill

from the brink of utter despair I've got a ticket. 

it's probably hard to tell who's happiest about this, me or the landlord of the percy!

anyway..... I'm plumping for a 3-1 home win and a stinking hangover by the m18 southbound, doncaster area. :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

from the brink of utter despair I've got a ticket. 

it's probably hard to tell who's happiest about this, me or the landlord of the percy!

anyway..... I'm plumping for a 3-1 home win and a stinking hangover by the m18 southbound, doncaster area. :)

Aah, but you have found a Blue Badge holding chauffeur to drive you here yet? 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aah, but you have found a Blue Badge holding chauffeur to drive you here yet? 

not the usual one, the driver's from churchdown nr gloucester though, everyone from there holds a license from  across the azure spectrum.

• Haha 3

It's not straightforward like if you don't have Apple or Google wallet which I reckon many older people won't. Having said that I'm sure other clubs introduced these last year and I don't recall all these problems.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's not straightforward like if you don't have Apple or Google wallet which I reckon many older people won't. Having said that I'm sure other clubs introduced these last year and I don't recall all these problems.

I had a bit of a fuck on getting my ticket transferred as I've never used Google wallet before but eventually we realised that the problem was with the thick cunt who was doing the transferring. (Ahem). :cuppa:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 2

i left my fire stick at home but trying to find a sports bar on Lake Como that’s showing the match is proving tricky. Are there any old school streaming sites that aren’t 

shite these days and won’t kill my phone?

Not travelled today, can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at the first game of the season….waiting for champions league draw to make my plans up till Christmas. Transferred my ticket to an old mate, now regretting choice of old mate 😆

So am local where it would usually be the local Labour club for a marathon card/bingo session where if there’s good games on we’d squint as someone’s phone… however, today we’re off to THE LOCAL TORY CLUB because they’ve got sky and everyone wants to see Eddie’s champions league  Mags :thumbup:

Don’t think we’ll lose but I can see a draw possibly 👍

• Haha 1

Apparently Arteta's assistant was stood right next to him in the technical area for part of the match today. I won't hold my breath for the PL to uphold their own rules for one of the "top six". 

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

Apparently Arteta's assistant was stood right next to him in the technical area for part of the match today. I won't hold my breath for the PL to uphold their own rules for one of the "top six". 

Plus one in 4th officials ear, photo kicked off twitter

FA60FD8A-5966-4944-B0EF-37EB745A9F79.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i left my fire stick at home but trying to find a sports bar on Lake Como that’s showing the match is proving tricky. Are there any old school streaming sites that aren’t 

shite these days and won’t kill my phone?

It is normally just easier to find a stream on Twitter/X 

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

During injury time at the end of the game there was a handful of them right on the touchline screaming instructions while Arteta was busy screaming at the fourth official about the amount of time added on.

Don't know if anyone saw Howe's press conference but he was asked about this new rule and laughed and said "Funny that that's been brought in this year..."

He was saying it'll affect Tindall more than him but that they'll have to work out how they work under the new system.

I'm actually surprised that Howe has decided to start with Tonali, after all the talk of him perhaps still trying to adapt to the pace at which we play, and the pace he faced against the PL teams in the preseason, and would obviously face now the PL season proper has started. And of course we've seen Howe slowly introduce Bruno, Botman etc. You would think it's a good sign, but perhaps Longstaff isn't quite fit enough, and he didn't think Anderson had the right defensive qualities to match up to Villa's midfield.