Eddie’s One Man Dugout Wonderboys vs. Fag Ash Lil’s Wall Pushing Disappointments.

Monkeys Fist

I feel like we’re in a bit of a transition phase, teams are starting to respect us more and get pinned back by us and we’re still trying to strike the balance between exerting pressure and overstretching a little, which partly shows in that we’ve only had 2 clean sheets in our last 20 games iirc. Both their goals came from Nunez isolating his man which was brutal enough at 1-0 up but at 1-1 in the 90+ minute he shouldn’t have been allowed that. As much as I like Burn it really unbalances us at times as most our attacks generate down Trippiers flank, I’m hoping Hall gives us a lot more balance in terms of our attacks as despite our left side being the hot hand yesterday we still couldn’t get Gordon on the ball as much as he probably should have been. 

I also don’t love Bruno in the 6 role, I feel it takes away a lot of the positives of his game and he’s shown signs of forcing things a bit recently. The issue is we don’t really have any true alternative at the moment. 

Overall I’m just glad to get these two fixtures out the fucking way, I think we will see a big reaction against Brighton. Pep aimed to pack the midfield to stifle us, and Klopp tried to avoid the CM as they know it’s a strength for us, I don’t think we will be up against many sides able to avoid it like that for the rest of the season and if they do they won’t have the quality to also score goals while doing it, we definitely will not face many managers that will out tactic Howe. I thought Szoboszlai’s pressing was brilliant all day, again something we won’t have to deal with much. 

I’m positive overall as I think the game against Villa is a better indicator of what we are about and what we will do to teams rather than these last two games. Yesterday they threw 5 different forwards at us, all of which cost upwards of £40m, they also had a CM that cost in excess of £150m, of course many of us would back some of our players over theirs but the reality is there’s still a gulf in funding and quality in the two sides. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm just pleased Micah Richards said he thought it was a red for VVD. At first it sounded like he wasn't sure, and my immediate thought was wykiki is gonna blow a fucking gasket here.

:lol: Aye I thought he was going that way too.

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm just pleased Micah Richards said he thought it was a red for VVD. At first it sounded like he wasn't sure, and my immediate thought was wykiki is gonna blow a fucking gasket here.

As if he needs an excuse :smile:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Does it mention the fluke where the ball came off Burns arse?

He alludes to our missed chances but not that particular episode. Someone was telling me Burn should’ve “done better”… I said the ball hit him on the arse and because he wasn’t ball watching, he was doing his job properly…. “he should still have done better, fucks sakes” 😬🤪😒🙄

• Jaysus... 1

53 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He alludes to our missed chances but not that particular episode. Someone was telling me Burn should’ve “done better”… I said the ball hit him on the arse and because he wasn’t ball watching, he was doing his job properly…. “he should still have done better, fucks sakes” 😬🤪😒🙄

Was it not Botman who was hit in the arse? I can't quite remember what happened with Burn and have no interest in putting myself through it again, but I thought he was just left for dead?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

You still trusting those eyes to tell you everything you need to know about what happens on the pitch?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s an interesting watch. I’m not sure I’d give Klopp as much credit as he does, though I haven’t watched the game back like he did (fuck that), so I dunno.

He says Klopp’s subs gave them a numerical advantage. I didn’t see much evidence of that. We still controlled possession and created more chances after they went down to ten men. They just played in a compact way that restricted the number chances we created then hit us with two breakaway sucker punches. Not exactly reinventing the wheel. We had enough chances to win, missed them and paid the price because they had an £80m striker on the bench 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

Aye I'm not watching that video but any analysis putting the result up as some sort of Klopp tactical genius is total bollocks. 

We could and should have been well clear of them before they scored the first, this was a bottle job and nothing else.

• Like 6

:lol: Aye, there’s no doubting Klopp is one of the best managers around but howay man he threw 5 different forwards at us and eventually one stuck. We had probably 4 glaring chances to kill the game and that’s not counting the fact we had a goal fucking robbed from us with Van Dijk kicking Isak over. 

• Like 3