Wor Eddie's One Step at a Time Wankers v Media Darling South Coast Cunts

wykikitoon

It’s rarely good to single players out anyway. Isak has been poor as well in recent games too. Trippier is well off his best as well especially with his set pieces. I can’t think of a single player who should avoid criticism at the moment.

As well as individual performances are a concern but the most worrying thing is that we aren’t working as a team. The break hopefully will do us good and help to regroup and refocus.

• Like 5

What the answer to our midfield problem? With the players we have its genuinely baffling If Willock is out does he being Longy in for Burno or Tonali? He'd play a similar role and not add anything going forward so what's the point. Anderson in an advanced role? Put Gordon there and Isak out wide? No idea. At this point all you can say is Bruno needs a kick up the arse so that's one possible change. 

The Barnes transfer is really strange given we have Isak, Joe and Gordon who can play there and not a hope on the right or the number 6 role. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It’s rarely good to single players out anyway. Isak has been poor as well in recent games too. Trippier is well off his best as well especially with his set pieces. I can’t think of a single player who should avoid criticism at the moment.

As well as individual performances are a concern but the most worrying thing is that we aren’t working as a team. The break hopefully will do us good and help to regroup and refocus.

I thought Isak was one of our better players today. Created a few chances but no one anticipated them. Wilson looked sharp too.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

IMO Trippier corners and set pieces have been shite for months. Gordon takes a miles better corner 

• Like 3
  • Jaysus... 1

49 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Everyone was so bad today it's harsh singling out a player. Just had a look at their second and third goals again and what Burn is going there is beyond explanation. Literally just backed off and stood watching. The midfield was absent anyway and Ferguson had hours to take his shot. 

Massive reality check since the Villa game when sausages were abound. Serious work to do now. I'd like to see Howe be ruthless. Drop Bruno, Miggy and Burn. Get Hall, Longstaff and Wilson in. This is the sort of performance you don't let go without points being made. 

dropping Bruno is a big call 

27 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I thought Isak was one of our better players today. Created a few chances but no one anticipated them. Wilson looked sharp too.

He was okay - missed two chances he usually buries, which killed us. Score one of those and it’s a different game. Much better when moved out wide and was able to influence the game mode because he cut an isolated and frustrated figure up front for the second game running 

My big issue today was that it came on the back of the Liverpool game. I still have no problem with the Man City result. Man City are a far superior team to just played better than us. I felt at 1-0 against Liverpool we could get 5 or 6 goals and tried to get my eldest, who doesn't like football, to come and have a watch hoping that maybe a bit of entertainment might hook him in (he left after 3 minutes of being bored so I cannot blame the game). We just didn't do anything in the Liverpool game and we lost it rather than they won it. Today, in terms of the game as a whole, rather than moments, we offered nothing.  It is disappointing as I wanted a response given the fact it was the same team minus the one enforced change. I don't mind losing if I feel we gave a good account. It feels the last two games we really lacked the merit of a win in either which is disappointing. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If other players wasted the same sort of chances people would be livid. As well as the ball he cut back totally unaware of no player being there.

But my point isn’t to criticise Isak though, but to point out that it is foremost not down to single players being responsible for results but a team having to work as a unit, something we didn’t do in recent games. I am pretty confident that the coaching staff is capable to work on this though. We will probably also see a much better understanding and partnership between Bruno ans Tonali soon.

• Like 3

If by other player you mean Miggy he's been wanting in the final third pretty much all his career and time here except that purple patch last year. 

Isak is a young player who's minutes to goals ratio was second only to Haaland last season so it's understandable people will be more patient with him. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

If other players wasted the same sort of chances people would be livid. As well as the ball he cut back totally unaware of no player being there.

But my point isn’t to criticise Isak though, but to point out that it is foremost not down to single players being responsible for results but a team having to work as a unit, something we didn’t do in recent games. I am pretty confident that the coaching staff is capable to work on this though. We will probably also see a much better understanding and partnership between Bruno ans Tonali soon.

He cut the ball back into a good area with Gordon being the only other player in the area though. I think it was reasonable to assume someone else might’ve got in the end of it. Agree he should’ve taken at least one of the chances he had in the first 5 mins or so. Either way we need to work out a way of his being less isolated. 

As well as a lack of press, and direct movement off the ball, we have seemingly stopped moving the ball quickly.

Last season we had runners surging forward and going in behind on the overlap.

Other than Trippier we seem to just drift in and it fizzles out in a crowd of players or the player turns back and the ball goes backwards. 

Slow sideways passes along the back four allow the opposition to drop back into shape too. 

Early days but the midfield doesn't seem a coehesive unit conecting with the front three at all. 

That said Man City are different class, an experienced Liverpool managed the game far better than us and Brighton look like last season's Newcastle.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

If by other player you mean Miggy he's been wanting in the final third pretty much all his career and time here except that purple patch last year. 

Isak is a young player who's minutes to goals ratio was second only to Haaland last season so it's understandable people will be more patient with him. 

He’s been wanting in all aspects of his game for pretty much his whole career tbh. He runs about which people love but doesn’t really ever win the ball back, Murphy is better at closing down and creating turnovers imo. 

Personally I’m tired of watching Almiron play, we’ve seen him for about 4.5 year and even during his purple patch of goals I thought his all round play was still poor. I was really hoping we’d replace him this summer but instead Eddie Howe’s nephew got his way and we got a back up for Gordon. 

• Like 2

What’s interesting with the constant false morals we’ve seen on display from the football community regarding SA is then we regularly see stuff like the above. Fan bases that are supposedly outraged by SA using the vile acts of SA in a joking manner. The mackems are one of the biggest culprits of this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

Yes. He's going to have to make a few of those if he's going to become a trophy winning manager here. 

he’s not playing at the levels we’re accustomed to seeing from him but I don’t see better options on the bench. 

• Like 1

As we've seen this summer, there isn't a club in the PL that would turn its nose up at PIF's cash when it comes in for their players from the Pro League.

That's the exact same cash they bought our club with, and that we're using to buy players with.

Yeah I understand we're owned by them, but "blood money" is "blood money". What do Brighton think Chelsea bought Caicedo with? They'd be taking it themselves if any of their players would stay at their club long enough for the Saudis to bid for them.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Isak has looked really dangerous since being moved out wide and he’s subbed too 

Let me quote you on that.

And Wilson scored after coming on and doing more than any of the other attacking players did.

Ponderous, sloppy shite. Something isn't right and it is going to be a long season if this is how they are going to play.

8 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Let me quote you on that.

And Wilson scored after coming on and doing more than any of the other attacking players did.

Ponderous, sloppy shite. Something isn't right and it is going to be a long season if this is how they are going to play.

he looked dangerous because he was getting on the ball more. He wasn’t getting enough service or support when he was played through the middle.  

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he looked dangerous because he was getting on the ball more. He wasn’t getting enough service or support when he was played through the middle.  

Now I know, you know, I said something similar but NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you wanted to argue Isak's best position is through the middle, so don't give me that shite.

There is a bigger problem, maybe it is the bonus issue but not playing Wilson up top is fucking madness and Eddie needs to stop playing favourites.

45 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he’s not playing at the levels we’re accustomed to seeing from him but I don’t see better options on the bench. 

Of course there are. Hall and Barnes to start. 

It's a matter of structure rather than just simply swapping players though. Once they're ready they'll play regularly. Eddie will sort it out.

It's going to be a long hard season. Especially if Spurs and Liverpool keep improving. Right now you get the feeling all the top 6 or 7 clubs have had better windows than us. Early days though and we have had the worst run of fixtures to start. 

3 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Now I know, you know, I said something similar but NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you wanted to argue Isak's best position is through the middle, so don't give me that shite.

There is a bigger problem, maybe it is the bonus issue but not playing Wilson up top is fucking madness and Eddie needs to stop playing favourites.

Isak’s best position is in the middle 

• Jaysus... 1

Oh I thought you meant the squad rather than Bruno. At the moment even Longstaff might be a good shout, balance the midfield, everyone knows he's not technically better than Bruno.

Anwyay, not saying Bruno should be dropped long term, he's a key player. But he's been off it for a long time now. 

Just now, aimaad22 said:

Of course there are. Hall and Barnes to start. 

It's a matter of structure rather than just simply swapping players though. Once they're ready they'll play regularly. Eddie will sort it out.

It's going to be a long hard season. Especially if Spurs and Liverpool keep improving. Right now you get the feeling all the top 6 or 7 clubs have had better windows than us. Early days though and we have had the worst run of fixtures to start. 

I’d like to see Barnes and Hall start. I don’t think dropping Bruno improves the team 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d like to see Barnes and Hall start. I don’t think dropping Bruno improves the team 

Agreed, I’d rather try Tonali at 6 or play Longstaff there rather than drop Bruno. Joelinton isn’t positionally strong enough to play 6 (since he’s pretty new to CM play), so I wouldn’t play him there. I’d like to see Barnes start, with Gordon on the right and I’m really hoping we see Hall start LB after the break otherwise signing him was a bit of a waste in the short term. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1