Eddie and Mad Dog's; Lost Their Intensity, Got No Identity Black & White Army v You Fill Up My Senses, Like A Greasy Chip Butty, Blades

sammynb

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Would you give Hall and Livramento a full debut or stick with the defence that's got two clean sheets in the last two games?

Exactly. Maybe bring one on earlier in the second half depending on the situation of the game.  But stick with the defence.

• Like 1

Save the big guns for Man City in the league cup 

-------------------Pope

Livramento---Schar---Botman----Hall

------------------Bruno

-----------Longstaff-----Anderson

----Murphy-----Wilson------Barnes 

4-1 

hot dog smoking GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Would you give Hall and Livramento a full debut or stick with the defence that's got two clean sheets in the last two games?

I think we need some rotation mind, with about 4 games in the 11 days starting with the Milan game. 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

I think we need some rotation mind, with about 4 games in the 11 days starting with the Milan game. 

I'd like to see Joelinton back, but it may be too soon. 

I'd not be surprised to see Wilson, Barnes and maybe Anderson regain their starting positions. 

Just looking at them, the seem vulnerable to crosses. Only Burnley and Fulham have stopped fewer crosses, nobody has conceded more goals from corners. Only Fulham have allowed more chances, only Burnley have created fewer chances. Only West Ham have allowed more progressive carries, or progressive passes. Nobody has a worse pass completion %, nobody goes long more often. 

If we can win the long balls, we've got to have the confidence to run at them, and either get crosses in or just go for the jugular.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Nobody has conceded more goals from corners

Has any team scored less from corners than us? 

What happens when a stoppable force doesn't hit a movable object? 

Anyway, we need 3 points here or questions about our season will be asked. Another nerve jangler. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Has any team scored less from corners than us? 

What happens when a stoppable force doesn't hit a movable force? 

Anyway, we need 3 points here or questions about our season will be asked. Another nerve jangler. 

True, but we're still creating chances from set pieces. 

We should be winning this - I don't think it's actually all that crucial that we do, but the media will be all over us if not and that might dent the confidence of the players further. So for the sake of positive mindsets, it has some importance there.

Joelinton coming back in would be huge for us if he's able.

• Like 2

We should be beating these convincingly if you look at the stats. We take our chances, we win. Their xG, average positions and possession stats are all shit. I hope they come at us tbh. We should beat them convincingly if so. The only danger is if they park the bus, which seems unlikely as they’re at home. I think they’ll fancy having a go at us given our indifferent form, which should play into our hands as we’ve struggled to break sides down that defend deep.

• Like 1

Their xg for the season so far (total games) is just over 3. They’re bottom of the league for big chances created. Second worst in the league for xg conceded (over 11). Bottom in the league for possession in the final third etc etc 

Might revise my prediction to 6-1

• Haha 2

They took the lead v Man City and kept them at bay till deep into the second half. Man City players and in a way more importantly their fans trust the process to get the job done. Our process has been very largely viewed as being flawed by a large number of our support this season so they’ve no faith and no fuckin patience. 

1-1. 3k fannies in black and white pretending the world is about to end filming each other for TikTok :cuppa:

• Haha 5