Eddie and Mad Dog's; Lost Their Intensity, Got No Identity Black & White Army v You Fill Up My Senses, Like A Greasy Chip Butty, Blades

sammynb

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

and to think we have put up with the likes of dreary old peter drury man

"Get international commentators to actually sing songs about our players when we score. Don't do it for Sunderland though."

20200709_121601__01.thumb.jpg.1694d5208a7fc33ded7090b51d271a5f.jpg

• Haha 13

Started slow again, need to sort that out but things looked much improved. As others have asked was it the team's play or were Sheffield United really bad?

Last season whenever we steam rolled a team, the media and opposition fans claimed our opponents had an off day but that was utter bollocks.

So far this season, with the exception of the Villa game, we've not been at our best, so hopefully it wasn't just a case of a terrible opposition.

Lastly, that first five or ten minutes when we reverted to a back 3, didn't look good - like the start of the game, they need to switch on quicker.

Sheffield were shocking.

Not just the system, but the application too. 5 at the back, but left huge gaps between midfield and the back line. We always looked like we had a spare man. 

But we were ruthless, our set pieces were excellent, Botman and Schar were excellent as was Trippier. 

They were shit, we were very good.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

100% this.

Most of my friends in London are Liverpool fans. None of them are from the city - few even have a connection with the place through family. They were just the team to support if you were a kid in the 80s and your local team was shit.

Let me tell you, they are HATING our rise. I just wish we’d finally get over the mental block we seem to suffer when we play them and finally stuff the entitled cunts.

They’re all good lads incidentally. I just despise the team they all support and everything it represents if you grew up in the 80s.

You could probably say the same thing about the plastic Man U fans who grew up in the 90s. And the next generation of Newcastle fans who grow up in the 2020s, and whose formative years are set to coincide with Newcastle becoming the world’s most decorated football club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Most of my friends in London are Liverpool fans. None of them are from the city - few even have a connection with the place through family. They were just the team to support if you were a kid in the 80s and your local team was shit.

Let me tell you, they are HATING our rise. I just wish we’d finally get over the mental block we seem to suffer when we play them and finally stuff the entitled cunts.

They’re all good lads incidentally. I just despise the team they all support and everything it represents if you grew up in the 80s.

You could probably say the same thing about the plastic Man U fans who grew up in the 90s. And the next generation of Newcastle fans who grow up in the 2020s, and whose formative years are set to coincide with Newcastle becoming the world’s most decorated football club. 

I was sat in a coffee shop in a part of Leeds the year Leicester won the league. A women walked in with two kids about 6/7 years old. Head to foot in Leicester kit.  I bet they're City fans now :lol: