Eddie and Mad Dog's Misfiring Majestic Mags v Pep's Not In Love, So Don't Forget It, It's Just A Silly Phase Citeh's Going Through

sammynb

On 28/09/2023 at 11:13, Rayvin said:

Just looking at the response over on Bluemoon. In a nutshell:

- They weren't arsed at all about the game beforehand.

- When teams were announced they were supremely confident that they would win because our lads were mostly shite and their line up very competitive.

- First half they were sublime and their players were gods.

- Second half their players were all coming back from injury or kids, plus Newcastle were a really dirty team and that mean Joelinton was bullying them. They were now arsed about the game though due to the indignation of losing.

- At final whistle, in response to Sky stating things like "famous victory" and "no one gave Newcastle a chance at the outset", there were comments about how they had made 8 changes, how no one should have expected them to win, etc.

- Lots of hate on NUFC in general, but I picked out this one just because I think it speaks to a wider point that these fans aren't getting:

image.png.691bd83c1db85dead0e2837103c619cf.png

The reason we are no longer likeable is that we are actually trying to win and compete. I'm sure if we went back to being the sort of side that their second string could put 4 past and call it a day, we'd be back to being a benign, pitiable club that simply wasn't important enough for anyone to have negative feelings around. Now we're kicking these clubs out of competitions, we're suddenly detestable.

There's always gonna be people biased towards their own club on their own forum.

I've definitely seen an upturn in plastics on our forum the last few years. Plus rags and dippers masquerading as blues to cause mischief.

New people with now now now views shouting over the top of the older generation.

I don't know. Some of the above is right.

There was definitely a mix of "we want to win it all" and "its only the league cup" before the game that obviously swung towards the latter after. 

I did think the sky line about famous victory was a bit much, after all we were knocked out by another champions league club.

I'm not sure i sense much hatred for newcastle amongst city fans in the flesh.

The people i know recognize you've had some rough years much like we had.

That said, keyboard warriors are a different breed though.

We did put out a decent side, that played ok in the first half, but carried no real threat. I think you realised that and went for it with some gusto after the break.

It's true I certainly would have fancied our chances more against you if most of Ederson, Walker, Dias, Stones, Rodri, Bernado, De Bruyne, Haaland had been on the pitch. But they weren't so.

In my defense, i came on here before the game and pretty much predicted what happened.

I didn't come on afterwards as i was gutted,

• Like 8

6 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

There's always gonna be people biased towards their own club on their own forum.

I've definitely seen an upturn in plastics on our forum the last few years. Plus rags and dippers masquerading as blues to cause mischief.

New people with now now now views shouting over the top of the older generation.

There was definitely a mix of "we want to win it all" and "its only the league cup" before the game that obviously swung towards the latter after. 

I did think the sky line about famous victory was a bit much, after all we were knocked out by another champions league club.

We did put out a decent side, that played ok in the first half, but carried no real threat. I think you realised that and went for it with some gusto after the break.

It's true I certainly would have fancied our chances more against you if most of Ederson, Walker, Dias, Stones, Rodri, Bernado, De Bruyne, Haaland had been on the pitch. But they weren't so.

In my defense, i came on here before the game and pretty much predicted what happened.

You're a good un LondonBlue.  All successful clubs get plaggy fans and that's not a surprise.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

Yes we may be a CL club but our invitation into the 'Big 6' doesn't appear to have arrived yet.

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yes we may be a CL club but our invitation into the 'Big 6' doesn't appear to have arrived yet.

Neither has ours. We were uninvited and they're still doing their best to kick us out for crashing the party.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

Tbf mate you've been very sound and I didn't grab any of that because I think city fans are particularly egregious for this stuff. You're not. And I'm sure if I went to Newcastle Online you'd see some of our fans coming up with similar shit about all sorts.

I just happen to quite like going looking for it tbh. RAWK's CL thread last year was a real highlight for instance, along with a lot of the midtable teams who weren't ready for us to be good.

Have seen far worse than all of that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Tbf mate you've been very sound and I didn't grab any of that because I think city fans are particularly egregious for this stuff. You're not. And I'm sure if I went to Newcastle Online you'd see some of our fans coming up with similar shit about all sorts.

I just happen to quite like going looking for it tbh. RAWK's CL thread last year was a real highlight for instance, along with a lot of the midtable teams who weren't ready for us to be good.

Rawk and the sadcafe are always fun. I don't have an account there as i'd get barred in next to no time. Can't stand dippers although blue dippers are fine, no problem with the rags either.

Living in London i don't get to go to as many games as i'd like. Next game is Bournemouth with my eldest, then Young Boys in the Champions league a few days later. Involves the wife and youngest coming north too so she can take my eldest back for school. I have to take time off too. We best win.

The amount of grief i get from my old school mates etc for sounding like a southerner. It wouldn't be so bad but people down here give me grief for sounding like a northerner. But then we're all southerners to you guys.

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

As Rayvin apologies go, this is among the very worst I've seen. 

Piss Poor I'd say.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

Rawk and the sadcafe are always fun. I don't have an account there as i'd get barred in next to no time. Can't stand dippers although blue dippers are fine, no problem with the rags either.

Living in London i don't get to go to as many games as i'd like. Next game is Bournemouth with my eldest, then Young Boys in the Champions league a few days later. Involves the wife and youngest coming north too so she can take my eldest back for school. I have to take time off too. We best win.

The amount of grief i get from my old school mates etc for sounding like a southerner. It wouldn't be so bad but people down here give me grief for sounding like a northerner. But then we're all southerners to you guys.

Don't worry about it, I get the same. When I lived in London I was 'Northern', not Geordie, just Northern. I figured their ears weren't attuend to the various accents so I let it slide. Now I'm in Cheshire and I still have a "Northern" accent. I guess I'm just a social chameleon. 

36 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Don't worry about it, I get the same. When I lived in London I was 'Northern', not Geordie, just Northern. I figured their ears weren't attuend to the various accents so I let it slide. Now I'm in Cheshire and I still have a "Northern" accent. I guess I'm just a social chameleon. 

Or nobody wants to claim you

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm a white, man city supporting stockport lad living in london, the wifes a brown, man united supporting yorkshire lass. we get some stick from the southern folk. 

(had to add a comma between brown and man as it looked really weird)

(i use the words lad and lass very loosely as i'm nearly 60)

• Haha 6

53 minutes ago, Alex said:

And he hasn’t got a Geordie accent 

Only when on the phone to mates back home after they rebuke me with a hearty "Hoo man, wot're torkin like a poof fer?"

Mind, even after I settle into the comfortable rhythms of the North East colloquialisms, I still can't convince them to try English Tapas or Marvel's latest heroics. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Only when on the phone to mates back home after they rebuke me with a hearty "Hoo man, wot're torkin like a poof fer?"

Mind, even after I settle into the comfortable rhythms of the North East colloquialisms, I still can't convince them to try English Tapas or Marvel's latest heroics. 

Just a gentle reminder that we’ve met in several occasions ;) 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Alex said:

Just a gentle reminder that we’ve met in several occasions ;) 

To your ear, I'd never sound Geordie, to the untrained ears of a Manc I sound like the Geordiest Geordie that ever Geordied

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

To your ear, I'd never sound Geordie, to the untrained ears of a Manc I sound like the Geordiest Geordie that ever Geordied

shut up man, you sound about as geordie as i do :lol:

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

1.05 to 0.85 xG. :lol:

Who gives a fuck about xG anyway?!

PSxG 1.8 vs 1. So what I've learned is Pope let one in out of sympathy and Donnarumma is a pile of shite.