Eddie and Mad Dog's Misfiring Majestic Mags v Pep's Not In Love, So Don't Forget It, It's Just A Silly Phase Citeh's Going Through

sammynb

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah. i don't want to blow too much smoke up his arse but i wouldn't be too concerned if schar was out for a few weeks. i'm actually kind of intrigued to see if he could step up in the way other bruce legacy players have under howe 

You wouldn't? I would. I would be worried, especially if we faced a team with pace up front, or one who press well.

Can't help but feel we're having a very harsh discussion on the guy less than 24 hours after he was part of a defence that kept a clean sheet against a very good team :lol: 

Yes he's not going to be first choice at any point, but last night demonstrated that he is capable of having a decent game for us in a good system. At least in my case, I'll be a little more confident about his cameos in future than I would have been before last night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You wouldn't? I would. I would be worried, especially if we faced a team with pace up front, or one who press well.

not on last night's performance, no. i don't think a lack of pace has ever been lascelles' biggest weakness.  schar isn't the quickest either

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Go On King GIF by Amazon Prime Video

If you look back in the Lascelles thread I posted you can see I was a fan of his in the Rafa days. I was confidently predicting an England call up in about 2018 :lol:

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

:lol: Evans is class and although Maguire is a figure of fun, he was excellent at Leicester and there's still a good defender in there. And he's better than Lascelles.

What I thought was interesting about Lascelles and Dummett is that the ball didn’t look like a hot potato at their feet like it usually does. Not as comfortable as Schar or Botman but they were shaping to receive the ball in a better position and were moving it crisper than I’ve ever seen them do it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah. i don't want to blow too much smoke up his arse but i wouldn't be too concerned if schar was out for a few weeks. i'm actually kind of intrigued to see if he could step up in the way other bruce legacy players have under howe 

Erm...we'd be deep in shite if Schar or Botman got injured. 

Lascelles and Dummett did very well yesterday, credit to them, but let's not go overboard eh? There's a significant drop in quality between them and our first choice CBs. Even with Burn at CB we've already had a taste of how it can go agianst top sides.

Schar and Botman have been world class, they've gone up against the best and come out on top week after week. 

• Like 5

I go overseas and can't watch the games and we go ahead and go on an unbeaten run of clean sheets, including away at AC Milan, a record victory away from home and a cup win over Man City. You're welcome.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

Lascelles and Dummett did very well yesterday, credit to them, but let's not go overboard eh? There's a significant drop in quality between them and our first choice CBs. Even with Burn at CB we've already had a taste of how it can go agianst top sides.

Schar and Botman have been world class, they've gone up against the best and come out on top week after week. 

Aye, Matty Longstaff looked a world beater in one game against Man Utd. He's just been released by a league two club. One swallow doesn't make a Summer

13 minutes ago, OTF said:

I go overseas and can't watch the games and we go ahead and go on an unbeaten run of clean sheets, including away at AC Milan, a record victory away from home and a cup win over Man City. You're welcome.

Don’t go home just yet, at least until after 30th October. 

Cheers. 
fred-dibnah-disapproves.gif

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Don’t go home just yet, at least until after 30th October. 

Cheers. 
fred-dibnah-disapproves.gif

I'm going to need an additional source of income to facilitate that.

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Are both ends of your alimentary canal still functional? 

If so, there you go. :lol:

fly young red twerk GIF

i'm finding getting around California like this is not as successful as I anticipated in terms of meeting new people, law enforcement aside.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

In central defence we have Schar, Botman, Laacelles, Burn, and  Drummet.. Of course the former are preferred but the others are capable. We have two elite right backs and tow left backs not including Burn or Drummet. I don't think defence is the biggest concern.

Contrast that with our strikers, of which we have two, one who is very injury prone and the other is quite injury prone.  I know we have goals in midfield but for me this is a bigger worry. 

Edited by Renton

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, Matty Longstaff looked a world beater in one game against Man Utd. He's just been released by a league two club. One swallow doesn't make a Summer

Lascelles hasn’t played much since the takeover but every time he has started, he’s been great: against Liverpool and Man City twice. He kept Haaland quiet last time he played them.

Like I said, I’ve always rated him as a defender (he has all the physical attributes) but Wednesday was the first time I’ve been impressed with what he did with the ball.

10 hours ago, Renton said:

In central defence we have Schar, Botman, Laacelles, Burn, and  Drummet.. Of course the former are preferred but the others are capable. We have two elite right backs and tow left backs not including Burn or Drummet. I don't think defence is the biggest concern.

Contrast that with our strikers, of which we have two, one who is very injury prone and the other is quite injury prone.  I know we have goals in midfield but for me this is a bigger worry. 

Good point, though I think he sees Gordon as third choice CF. 

I thought RCB, DM and RCB were our weakest spots for depth. But Lascelles has changed my mind. If he continues to play like that when called upon I can see why Eddie didn’t push to upgrade him.

I don’t think we do anything that risky at the back (mainly because Pope is no outlet) compared to other teams so he might be okay this season.

To go up another level one day we need a goalie great with his feet and then likewise for defenders.

On 28/09/2023 at 14:12, Renton said:

Looks we'll be seeing a lot of Lascelles over the next month.