Eddie and Mad Dog's Useless, Got Caught Doubling Down, Always Bet On Black (And White) Punts v The Woy With Schlupp Is Slender, Did Pardew Say Maybe, Or Eze Not Sure. He'll Be A Woy For The Eagles

sammynb

23 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I was thinking that this morning. Everyone seemed to have this weird notion that these new refereeing “directives” would see us hamstrung but we’ve just reacted by fucking battering people instead. Hard lines, everyone 

Likewise the commentary during the game was about how good we are, everything post match I've read is about how poor Palace was. It was the same last season, never about how good we were just the opposition having an off or poor game. It's fucking disrespectful but fine, keep thinking that, turning up and trying to play against us and enjoy another poor perfomance from your team, cunts.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Aye Man United "ground out a difficult win" yesterday. They didn't toil like fuck against a side that had a record of played 8, drawn 1, lost 7 at the start of the game.

I'm fine with this though, keep downplaying their problems and our greatness. At least until we've dumped them out of the cup.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Likewise the commentary during the game was about how good we are, everything post match I've read is about how poor Palace was. It was the same last season, never about how good we were just the opposition having an off or poor game. It's fucking disrespectful but fine, keep thinking that, turning up and trying to play against us and enjoy another poor perfomance from your team, cunts.

It's better for that to be the casual rhetoric around our games, anyone poorly informed coming in expecting something different to what we bring is to our advantage. Don't expect that any teams in the Premier League could still be in that category though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, strawb said:

Remember when we were told by fans of other clubs that we play boring defensive

football and time wasted

It should be even more impressive. Feels like we’ve missed plenty of big chances this season and we’re only just getting into our stride. 

44 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye Man United "ground out a difficult win" yesterday. They didn't toil like fuck against a side that had a record of played 8, drawn 1, lost 7 at the start of the game.

I'm fine with this though, keep downplaying their problems and our greatness. At least until we've dumped them out of the cup.

I wonder if there were any BBC headlines saying something like 'Man Utd win to ease pressure on Ten Hag' like they did with Howe fairly recently, (might've been Sheff Utd, can't remember exactly which one it was?)

• Like 1

Man Utd, Man City and Tottenham 'ground out' wins against a side we put 8 past without reply. 

Let the pundits underestimate us if they like. We know we're class, the players know we're class, Eddie and Jason know we're class. Anyone turning up at St James' expecting anything like the football we saw under Bruce or Benitez deserves the Sahara-dry fucking they'll get. And featuring in something from the ever-increasing library of Jacob Murphy gifs.

Happy Newcastle United GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

• Like 6

Are we now seeing that we’re a better attacking unit at home with Murphy rather than Miggy on the right?…difficult for me to imagine that Miggy would have been able to replicate Murph’s two assists yesterday :cuppa: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Are we now seeing that we’re a better attacking unit at home with Murphy rather than Miggy on the right?…difficult for me to imagine that Miggy would have been able to replicate Murph’s two assists yesterday :cuppa: 

That's the thing though with inverted wingers, especially when they are as one footed as Miggy, they will never consistently swing in the crosses. Murph yesterday totally fucked up Palaces plan, not just with scoring early but by being a second option to swing the ball in from the right. Palace would have been prepared to try and keep Trips quiet and then turned Miggy to the corner, Murph made a whole new set of problems they weren't expecting.

It would have been interesting when Gordon was subbed if Mig had of gone to the left and Murphy stayed on the right.

Newcastle United Sport GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

• Like 4

I am not like some who are more vocal about Miggy. BUT. as soon as he came on yesterday he stiffed a load of chances going forward. 

Murphy and Trips yesterday worked great together. It wasn't *get in a great position, stop, cut back, chance gone* situation 

• Like 4

Almiron doesn’t contribute massively outside scoring iyam, Murphy showed yesterday what a proper winger can do in our system. Almiron pressures opposition but doesn’t win the ball back enough, whereas Murphy fairly consistently wins the ball back in the oppositions half, and due to Almiron having no right foot whatsoever all he does is turn around and pass back if he’s unable to run at goal. 

I hope we play Murphy going forward but I have little doubt it’ll be Almiron in the the Dortmund game. I still hope we bring in a right winger in January. 

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

Had a browse of a Palace forum yesterday.

They were livid with how little help mitchell was getting on their left flank.

Assume woy expected almiron to start so figured it would be a 1 on 1 with Trippier out wide but murphy meant he was constantly doubled up.

I think we'll see Almiron this week, and consistently starting against higher-quality opposition, but Murphy has shown this week how well he can do against the bottom half clubs where we should dominate the game. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Howay said:

Almiron doesn’t contribute massively outside scoring iyam, Murphy showed yesterday what a proper winger can do in our system. Almiron pressures opposition but doesn’t win the ball back enough, whereas Murphy fairly consistently wins the ball back in the oppositions half, and due to Almiron having no right foot whatsoever all he does is turn around and pass back if he’s unable to run at goal. 

I hope we play Murphy going forward but I have little doubt it’ll be Almiron in the the Dortmund game. I still hope we bring in a right winger in January. 

Sorry Howay but I'm going to call you out on this.

Almiron may not win the ball back himself but his work results in a lot of the ball being turned over to the second player, be it Trips or CIggy. And as for he does nothing outside of scoring, fuck off man. You obviously don't rate the guy but wor Eddie does and when it comes to the crunch you and I know fuck all compared to him.

• Like 2

To add to the above, Murphy had probably his best game ever for us and I hope he continues to get better and better because what he brings to this team is what makes them so great at the moment. The passion, the pride and the fucking lols. He won't start Wednesday but I hope he gets some good minutes and keeps living his best life as a toon fan.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

Sorry Howay but I'm going to call you out on this.

Almiron may not win the ball back himself but his work results in a lot of the ball being turned over to the second player, be it Trips or CIggy. And as for he does nothing outside of scoring, fuck off man. You obviously don't rate the guy but wor Eddie does and when it comes to the crunch you and I know fuck all compared to him.

Nah completely disagree, most of his harrying and chasing results in fuck all compared to players like Gordon, Murphy, Longstaff who actually win the ball back, but because he covers loads of ground people feel the need to act like it does something. He runs around a ton but doesn’t generate turnovers, he consistently breaks down our attacks with his piss poor passing and poor decision making. Of course Howe knows more, he likes Almiron for his running in behind but I still think Murphy offers a lot more to our all round game and our press looks better with him on the pitch, the same way it does when we have Joelinton, Longstaff, and Willock. Almirons run of goals contributes massively to how people view him, his all round game is poor.

As I say I’ve no doubt he will play against Dortmund, which is harsh on Murphy but it is what it is maybe it is set up well for Almiron as they may come at us more than some opponents which leaves room in behind, he will probably be generally frustrating but maybe score so it’ll all get forgiven. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

Nah completely disagree, most of his harrying and chasing results in fuck all compared to players like Gordon, Murphy, Longstaff who actually win the ball back, but because he covers loads of ground people feel the need to act like it does something. He runs around a ton but doesn’t generate turnovers, he consistently breaks down our attacks with his piss poor passing and poor decision making. Of course Howe knows more, he likes Almiron for his running in behind but I still think Murphy offers a lot more to our all round game and our press looks better with him on the pitch, the same way it does when we have Joelinton, Longstaff, and Willock. Almirons run of goals contributes massively to how people view him, his all round game is poor.

As I say I’ve no doubt he will play against Dortmund, which is harsh on Murphy but it is what it is maybe it is set up well for Almiron as they may come at us more than some opponents which leaves room in behind, he will probably be generally frustrating but maybe score so it’ll all get forgiven. 

That's the good thing about the internet and opinions, it doesn't matter how wrong your's is, you still get a chance to put it out there. 

😉 

• Haha 2

Lastly about Miggy, if he was as shite as some seem to keep going on about, do you honestly think Trippier would not be ripping him a new one everytime they played together?

I don't think I've ever seen that happen.