The Giant Black And Yellow, Banana Looking, Bratwurst Sucking Mo Fos v Eddies Pumped Up, Patched Up, Paper Thin Geordie A Squad

Holden McGroin

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

mind you, we certainly appeared to be playing a more cautious approach in league games against man city away and liverpool too against 10 men.

get in to them and fuck them up.....  as the old ditty goes!  :lol:

I don't disagree but that was a while ago, we've just been a bit unlucky and vulnerable to a glut of injuries and some hard fixtures condensed in a week. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We had Man U away, Arsenal at home and these away within a week with a seriously depleted (and knackered) squad. They were physically in much better shape and got tight to to our players who were fucked. They're a good side but definitely caught us at the right time. Frustrating to watch but I wouldn't be over critical of any player nor Eddie himself. 

agree. can't help wonder what might have been if we had fewer injuries. 

the exciting thing to come out of this is lewis miley and lewis hall are definitely going to get a few games now. it'll be interesting to see how miley gets on because he's looked the part so far. 

Thinking about it now his morning and our best chance of getting back into the CL is if we just finish bottom of the group and can focus all our efforts on the league and the domestic cups.

With that in mind, I think we bring back @Holden McGroinfor the next two CL ties. Lock in two guaranteed losses, finish bottom, and get back in the CL by finishing top 4.

Thoughts?

• Haha 6
  • Jaysus... 1

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thinking about it now his morning and our best chance of getting back into the CL is if we just finish bottom of the group and can focus all our efforts on the league and the domestic cups.

With that in mind, I think we bring back @Holden McGroinfor the next two CL ties. Lock in two guaranteed losses, finish bottom, and get back in the CL by finishing top 4.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are fuck right off. I cannot get my head round the attitude that to be in Europe, let's drop out of Europe. My order of preference is:

1) Win our last two games and qualify for the next round. Only four matches (three two legged) to win the most prestigious cup in club football.

2) Win one game and come third, put everything into the Europa league which is a winnable cup. I'd rather win that than either of the domestic cups tbh and it guarantees CL football next year. 

3) Fuck off Gemmill. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

My thoughts are fuck right off. I cannot get my head round the attitude that to be in Europe, let's drop out of Europe. My order of preference is:

1) Win our last two games and qualify for the next round. Only four matches (three two legged) to win the most prestigious cup in club football.

2) Win one game and come third, put everything into the Europa league which is a winnable cup. I'd rather win that than either of the domestic cups tbh and it guarantees CL football next year. 

3) Fuck off Gemmill. 

The simple fact is that our squad can't cope with European competition yet. It isn't affecting our PL form yet, but it's going to - it's inevitable. Howe has shuffled the deck incredibly but eventually he'll run out of cards.

So you could stick around in Europe, watch the injuries mount up, not win it (cos we obviously won't), and then not be in it next season.

I'd rather get back in next season with a squad that's been strengthened and is more capable of coping with challenges across multiple fronts.

But that's just me. Applying logic and thinking intelligently. I know it's not for everyone.

Just now, Gemmill said:

The simple fact is that our squad can't cope with European competition yet. It isn't affecting our PL form yet, but it's going to - it's inevitable. Howe has shuffled the deck incredibly but eventually he'll run out of cards.

So you could stick around in Europe, watch the injuries mount up, not win it (cos we obviously won't), and then not be in it next season.

I'd rather get back in next season with a squad that's been strengthened and is more capable of coping with challenges across multiple fronts.

But that's just me. Applying logic and thinking intelligently. I know it's not for everyone.

:lol:

That's not logical at all. Did you apply that logic last year when we were trying to get a CL place or is this just your bean counting accountancy logic we're talking about? Football is all about winning things ffs. 

I think the EL is the most winnable competition we're in personally, or about equal to the League cup anyway. I'd much rather win it than the league cup though. It would be magnificent. 

• Like 2

When we were trying to qualify last season, we didn't know what the transfer window would bring, or that we'd have our marquee signing banned for betting offences and our second biggest signing break his foot. In other words, we didn't know the situation we would find ourselves in four games into our first CL campaign in 20 years.

Logic is not clairvoyance.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

When we were trying to qualify last season, we didn't know what the transfer window would bring, or that we'd have our marquee signing banned for betting offences and our second biggest signing break his foot. In other words, we didn't know the situation we would find ourselves in four games into our first CL campaign in 20 years.

Logic is not clairvoyance.

Erm, I think anybody who knew anything predicted we would struggle with the amount of games and that would equate to injuries - the Tonali situation is the only thing that wasn't predictable. Don't think anybody was expecting to sign Barnes who seems almost superfluous to me, and the other two major signings have been brilliant and are still available. I literally am staggered you want us to lose games now for some perceived benefit next season. Fuck off man. :lol:

And Holden, you did a great job, I salute you sir. If you want us to take collective action againsty Gemmill, let us know. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol:

That's not logical at all. Did you apply that logic last year when we were trying to get a CL place or is this just your bean counting accountancy logic we're talking about? Football is all about winning things ffs. 

I think the EL is the most winnable competition we're in personally, or about equal to the League cup anyway. I'd much rather win it than the league cup though. It would be magnificent. 

That's hate speech. As a fellow accountant I feel qualified to say fuck right off and good luck getting a signature on a passport photo in future when this gets brought up in our AGM :lol:

• Haha 6

Yes, you could Dazzler had a touch of class about him when he turned up here, and now we find out why.

Meanwhile Renton is pushing patients round the corridors, desperately trying to sound like Robson Green's Jimmy off Casualty. Calling all the nurses Duffy. Pathetic.

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thoughts?

well, if @Dr Gloom’s record is anything to go by we will need a new thread starter after Saturday

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So Dazzler and Gemmil are known to each other?  Did the TT Steering Comittee have prior notice of this arrangement? :cuppa:

I think they're the same person, you don't get 2 foul mouthed accountants in the same town. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think they're the same person, you don't get 2 foul mouthed accountants in the same town. 

Hmm… now you’ve said that I think that’s very likely the case . Dazzler seems slightly less in love with his own self promoted image though.Gemmill taking the “soft power” route to glory because his usual schtick has been rendered laughable due to his fanboying of a certain YouTuber? 🤔

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

You've obviously not met many accountants then. For every posh, wankerish FD or Partner there are at least 50 underlings (who are often more qualified) launching calculators at each other and smearing T accounts on the walls in their own shit