The Giant Black And Yellow, Banana Looking, Bratwurst Sucking Mo Fos v Eddies Pumped Up, Patched Up, Paper Thin Geordie A Squad

Holden McGroin

The pemutations are doing my head in. I think it's possible we could come last with 7 points which would be quite something. The problem is not having a whipping boy in the group. Almost like its a group of death, who'd have thunk it? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If we had ended up last on 0 points the media would have loved it.  'Well it wasn't labelled the group of death for nothing'

Do you think the media have an agenda against us? Bar the Guardian, who are on their morale high horse I think it’s fairly balanced.

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

The pemutations are doing my head in. I think it's possible we could come last with 7 points which would be quite something. The problem is not having a whipping boy in the group. Almost like its a group of death, who'd have thunk it? 

Yeah. It could end up being very tight. Tasty. Paris are still favourites for me.

If we nicked a point v Dortmund at home then we’d be in a prettty good spot.

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

PaddockLad will be boring the FUCKING TITS off everyone about how De Bolle is from the same town in Scotland that he pretends to be from.

Town?  :lol: he’s from one of the most remote valleys in Britain you geographical fuckin plank…IMG_3133.thumb.jpeg.fc034aeed747b9f53c4451433c936d2b.jpeg

He was brought up with this fella as a neighbour… he seems to have heard about you too :cuppa:

IMG_3135.jpeg

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Do you think the media have an agenda against us? Bar the Guardian, who are on their morale high horse I think it’s fairly balanced.

No

I just think after our win v PSG the media got way too excited. We got a draw v West Ham when we looked poor first half.  Then rightly fucked Palace.  Then it was the first Dortmund game.  We got beat 1-0 yet the media were all 'ooo noocarstle brought down to earth' etc.  We were beaten by an established top level CL team.  Not by some mid table Premier League team.  It showed total lack of respect towards Dortmund and total lack of respect towards us.  We have never gone out and dick waved about going out and smashing any team, let alone Dortmund.

The media keep going on about group of death, yet there is a tone in their way about us having a right battle to get out of it.  Well we know that.  We as fans, I would like to think have always kept our feet on the ground.  Aye there's always one or two dick heads who get excited.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

No

I just think after our win v PSG the media got way too excited. We got a draw v West Ham when we looked poor first half.  Then rightly fucked Palace.  Then it was the first Dortmund game.  We got beat 1-0 yet the media were all 'ooo noocarstle brought down to earth' etc.  We were beaten by an established top level CL team.  Not by some mid table Premier League team.  It showed total lack of respect towards Dortmund and total lack of respect towards us.  We have never gone out and dick waved about going out and smashing any team, let alone Dortmund.

The media keep going on about group of death, yet there is a tone in their way about us having a right battle to get out of it.  Well we know that.  We as fans, I would like to think have always kept our feet on the ground.  Aye there's always one or two dick heads who get excited.

I must admit I did think we would likely  proceed following the PSG game. Not getting carried away but probably guilty of underestimating the impact of CL pedigree which is massive for European naive teams like us. But you know, you manage your expectations based on your most recent matches - results, performances, injuries and suspensions. Now progression is looking unlikely. But we've never looked like giving up, we can truly hold our heads up high whatever happens from now on. It's been a blast and I couldn't be happier with all aspects of the team. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I think I certainly fell for the narrative that Dortmund were the weakest team in the group. So instead of sticking to my plan of using my remaining holiday for the Milan home game I went to the Dortmund home game 😒

Oh, so you only like going to games you think we might win? I see, you plastic fair weather fan. (Do I need this ;))

How was the yellow wall? Sounded tremendous on the telly. Have you been murdered by Dortmund Ultras yet? 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Oh, so you only like going to games you think we might win? I see, you plastic fair weather fan. (Do I need this ;))

How was the yellow wall? Sounded tremendous on the telly. Have you been murdered by Dortmund Ultras yet? 

Yeah it was brilliant to see, but it wasn’t as impressive as Marseille, they had the whole ground coordinated to jump at different times then all together. Our end was like a grave. Too many old cunts like me and the youngsters are more interested in ching and Insta than getting behind the team. This was the “Bruges” of this campaign, easyish to get to (although some of ours spent Monday night in Gdańsk before flying to Dortmund from there yesterday 😆) which brings out a larger share of fuckin idiots. 

That sounds like it was shit, far from it. Locals were great, went to a pub that was run by a friend of a friend which was rocking before the game. Looking forward to Paris now :) 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 5

This was always going to be a tough group to progress from, but once you are missing your first choice striker, left back, centre back you'll struggle even more. We were missing £270m+ of players, and have been for a few games now. So even our remaining quality players are fucking paggered. 

All players being fit and well, we'd likely have started Isak, a fully fit and rested Gordon and Almiron, maybe Tonali in midfield, Botman at CB and Burn at left back. With Anderson, Barnes, Hall, Lascelles, Livramento, Longstaff, Miley, Murphy, Targett, Willock, Wilson, as options from the bench. 

That's a very different prospect than what we saw last night. 

It's not just about fitness though, it's experience too. Botman, Isak and Tonali all have CL experience. As an aside I was talking about experience last night; Howe likes to sign players with PL experience because that competition was his focus, will we now see us pivot more to players with European experience as that becomes our focus?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah it was brilliant to see, but it wasn’t as impressive as Marseille, they had the whole ground coordinated to jump at different times then all together. Our end was like a grave. Too many old cunts like me and the youngsters are more interested in ching and Insta than getting behind the team. This was the “Bruges” of this campaign, easyish to get to (although some of ours spent Monday night in Gdańsk before flying to Dortmund from there yesterday 😆) which brings out a larger share of fuckin idiots. 

That sounds like it was shit, far from it. Locals were great, went to a pub that was run by a friend of a friend which was rocking before the game. Looking forward to Paris now :) 

our away support seems to be getting a hammering pretty much every game this season for one reason or another.

makes me feel quite sad, certainly wasn't my experience last season.   :(

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

our away support seems to be getting a hammering pretty much every game this season for one reason or another.

makes me feel quite sad, certainly wasn't my experience last season.   :(

I think it’s hit and miss, champions league expense hasn’t helped. Too many lads can’t afford to do it all (that’s me) and the obvious ticketing issues where those likely to get behind the side have been excluded due to the fuckin cunts trick the club have pulled this season.  You’d imagine Bournemouth could be full of London mags who didn’t travel to Dortmund 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I think it’s hit and miss, champions league expense hasn’t helped. Too many lads can’t afford to do it all (that’s me) and the obvious ticketing issues where those likely to get behind the side have been excused due to the fuckin cunts trick the club have pulled this season.  You’d imagine Bournemouth could be full of London mags who didn’t travel to Dortmund 🤷🏻‍♂️

me and me mate talking about this on the way home saturday, wondering as it stands if we'll ever get to an away game again or for that matter whether or not we'll ever get to even sit/stand together at a home game, both us are old fuckers, but very vocal.

all a bit tragic really.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Town?  :lol: he’s from one of the most remote valleys in Britain you geographical fuckin plank…IMG_3133.thumb.jpeg.fc034aeed747b9f53c4451433c936d2b.jpeg

He was brought up with this fella as a neighbour… he seems to have heard about you too :cuppa:

IMG_3135.jpeg

If you expect me to have any knowledge of the one horse town that you claim to have been brought up in, your are sadly mistaken, fucking Tam O'Shatpants.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

me and me mate talking about this on the way home saturday, wondering as it stands if we'll ever get to an away game again or for that matter whether or not we'll ever get to even sit/stand together at a home game, both us are old fuckers, but very vocal.

all a bit tragic really.

I've just given up even trying for the homes now, never mind aways. I'll probably go to a home game again at some point in the future but it's a bit sad knowing I'll never get to an away again, (I couldn't get to many anyway now so not a massive deal tbh but still). 

• Sad 2

Question:

Were we outclassed by Dortmund? I think they edged it over the two legs but there wasn’t much in it at all. We were in both games, had loads of the ball, missed four big chances, including hitting the woodwork twice in the home game.

We might have given them more of a game at their place if we had a less depleted squad.

However…I feel like in both games (and in the away game to Milan) we were playing within ourselves. We’ve only seen the high pressing, high energy, front foot approach we use in most premier league games against PSG.

I wonder if that is due to champions league nerves. Were we in awe of playing against top class European sides - a first for most of the squad? We’ve been playing without fear in the premier league recently. Perhaps the players don’t yet feel they belong in this company. 

Was it a tactical instruction by Howe to play a more cautious style and stay in the game for longer?

Or we we just beaten by the better side?

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Question:

Were we outclassed by Dortmund? I think they edged it over the two legs but there wasn’t much in it at all. We were in both games, had loads of the ball, missed four big chances, including hitting the woodwork twice in the home game.

We might have given them more of a game at their place if we had a less depleted squad.

However…I feel like in both games (and in the away game to Milan) we were playing within ourselves. We’ve only seen the high pressing, high energy, front foot approach we use in most premier league games against PSG.

I wonder if that is due to champions league nerves. Were we in awe of playing against top class European sides - a first for most of the squad? We’ve been playing without fear in the premier league recently. Perhaps the players don’t yet feel they belong in this company. 

Was it a tactical instruction by Howe to play a more cautious style and stay in the game for longer?

Or we we just beaten by the better side?

We had Man U away, Arsenal at home and these away within a week with a seriously depleted (and knackered) squad. They were physically in much better shape and got tight to to our players who were fucked. They're a good side but definitely caught us at the right time. Frustrating to watch but I wouldn't be over critical of any player nor Eddie himself. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We had Man U away, Arsenal at home and these away within a week with a seriously depleted (and knackered) squad. They were physically in much better shape and got tight to to our players who were fucked. They're a good side but definitely caught us at the right time. Frustrating to watch but I wouldn't be over critical of any player nor Eddie himself. 

mind you, we certainly appeared to be playing a more cautious approach in league games against man city away and liverpool too against 10 men.

get in to them and fuck them up.....  as the old ditty goes!  :lol: