Eddie Howe, the god-like genius, and his injury-ravaged sausage-shaking title contenders v some tin pot club on the south coast

Dr Gloom

5 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

We played our 3rd choice left back (Burn and Targett) our second choice CB (Botman) our 3rd choice CM (Bruno and Tonali) 3rd choice LW (Gordon and Barnes) ended up with our 3rd choice RW (Miggy and Murphy). No recognised striker (Wilson and Isak). There should be no complaints about Lascelles (he has been great) no matter what we think of him as he is next in line to start and you have to expect him to have some game time. When it comes to the rest, Hall is one for the future, as is Miley, Ritchie is one from the past, Joelinton was played out of position and is still not too long back from injury, Willock is not too long back from his injury. Tino had a bad injury last season. 

In the past when we have be 'ravaged' by injuries, we have been just been waiting for ASM and Wilson. 

With this list of injuries, you have to look at training and question the coaching element and what the manager is playing at. When you do this, you can see that most have happened in games and not due to the training techniques. We can say that we have been unlucky and just have to work our way through. 

Bruno and Isak are due back in our next game.

Agreed up to this point. It's statistically unlikely to be this "unlucky" imo. I'm still convinced it's a function of the high intensity physically demanding way we play, and I do worry about how sustainable it is long term. I mean, I do love watching it and it's incredibly effective with a full first team, but I think a byproduct is always going to be a high injury and suspension rate. The answer is probably to transition to a more controlling side but this will take better quality players in a lot of positions and time. Early days yet though. 

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Playing there and being good at it are two different things.

Where the fuck were you last night anyhow? Did your usual deli run out of your vegan foi gras forcing you to hoverboard over to Peckham? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Agreed up to this point. It's statistically unlikely to be this "unlucky" imo. I'm still convinced it's a function of the high intensity physically demanding way we play, and I do worry about how sustainable it is long term. I mean, I do love watching it and it's incredibly effective with a full first team, but I think a byproduct is always going to be a high injury and suspension rate. The answer is probably to transition to a more controlling side but this will take better quality players in a lot of positions and time. Early days yet though. 

Disagree. Very few of the injuries were muscle injuries of the kind you would expect to occur because of our pressing intensity other than maybe Botman. Targett maybe but it was like 90 second into the game. The others are all impact injuries, freak injuries such as Burn’s jarred back, Barnes’s broken foot etc. We’ve  just been very, very unlucky. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Where the fuck were you last night anyhow? Did your usual deli run out of your vegan foi gras forcing you to hoverboard over to Peckham? 

Are you mistaking this boards leading thread-starter with Jonah Gloom? :lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Disagree. Very few of the injuries were muscle injuries of the kind you would expect to occur because of our pressing intensity other than maybe Botman. Targett maybe but it was like 90 second into the game. The others are all impact injuries, freak injuries such as Burn’s jarred back, Barnes’s broken foot etc. We’ve  just been very, very unlucky. 

Targett probably did his hamstring at home, tripping over a pile of pizza boxes in the hall. 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I can’t think that I’ve ever heard more than one or two of them. The reason why I don’t is mostly down to him turning from an excellent journalist into basically a stenographer for PiF which the pic beautifully illustrates. Also that i formed the impression that Taylor was a self promoting wanker before he was on the podcast. I note his mate Besty has now returned to social media obscurity . Not sure if these things are connected or not

As for Ms Hope, who I’m only really aware of via her notoriety on these pages, I’ve no idea as to her ticketing status. Didn’t see her in AFCB’s tiny concourse area yesterday and, as I noted earlier, neither have I ever seen her other than perhaps once with her cohort of smug SM types upstairs in the 3 Bulls. (The other fellah is Caulkins mate who works for the Cherries)    So yeah. It looks fuckin awfumatel when long standing supporters are being virtually criminalised by the club they’re likely to have supported for decades before Amanda Staveley could point to Tyneside on a fuckin map for the crime of passing a ticket on to a mate :cuppa:

and punishments handed out by boyd weddell, a cunt who was selling them on to strangers in bruges market square.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Targett probably did his hamstring at home, tripping over a pile of pizza boxes in the hall. 

Target after the shagging is starting to calm down to their lass....

"Wait a minute..... You're telling me you can't cook?"

• Haha 3

TBF to Targett and Mrs Targett, wor lass could barely cook when we first got together so you can draw your own conclusions on the initial attraction. Funny thing is, as the sexual interflora died down, so her cooking got better. 

She's a Michelin star chef these days. :cuppa:

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

TBF to Targett and Mrs Targett, wor lass could barely cook when we first got together so you can draw your own conclusions on the initial attraction. Funny thing is, as the sexual interflora died down, so her cooking got better. 

Based on this I must be married to Monica Galetti. 

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I've heard this said before but how are impact injuries and stress fractures not related to play intensity? 

Michelin stars originated as a way to sell more car tyres- if people were told the food in some gaff miles away was worth a trip, they’d wear through their tyres quicker, leading to more sales for Michelin. 

True story, bludz 
7k56jo.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Michelin stars originated as a way to sell more car tyres- if people were told the food in some gaff miles away was worth a trip, they’d wear through their tyres quicker, leading to more sales for Michelin. 

True story, bludz 
7k56jo.gif

War and Peace was almost called ‘War, What is it Good For?’.  

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

That sounds familiar. Except I do most of the cooking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

True story, bludz 
7k56jo.gif

They were originally as a guide for places motorists could stop for decent food weren’t they? I fully appreciate I’m probably being whooshed :lol: 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I've heard this said before but how are impact injuries and stress fractures not related to play intensity? 

An impact injury can happen to any player at any time. It’s different to hamstrings or thighs going all the time, which is what happened to Liverpool when Klopp first introduced his intense counter pressing style.

Let’s look at who is missing, and you tell me.

Tonali - suspended. Nothing to do with our style of play 

Bruno - suspended. Nothing to do with our style of play 

Murphy - dislocated shoulder. Freak injury, nothing to do with our style of play

Barnes - broken foot. Freak injury, nothing to do with our style of play

Burn - back problem. A result of landing awkwardly. Surely nothing to do with our pressing intensity 

Anderson - back problem. Ditto

Targett - thigh strain. Possibly a result of style of play but it happened 90 seconds into a match so seems unlikely. 

Wilson - thigh injury. Possibly a result of our style of play and playing too many minutes

Botman - knee injury. Potentially connected to our intensity. 

Isak - groin strain - possibly a result of our style of play 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

An impact injury can happen to any player at any time. It’s different to hamstrings or thighs going all the time, which is what happened to Liverpool when Klopp first introduced his intense counter pressing style.

Let’s look at who is missing, and you tell me.

Tonali - suspended. Nothing to do with our style of play 

Bruno - suspended. Nothing to do with our style of play 

Murphy - dislocated shoulder. Freak injury, nothing to do with our style of play

Barnes - broken foot. Freak injury, nothing to do with our style of play

Burn - back problem. A result of landing awkwardly. Surely nothing to do with our pressing intensity 

Anderson - back problem. Ditto

Targett - thigh strain. Possibly a result of style of play but it happened 90 seconds into a match so seems unlikely. 

Wilson - thigh injury. Possibly a result of our style of play and playing too many minutes

Botman - knee injury. Potentially connected to our intensity. 

Isak - groin strain - possibly a result of our style of play 

Bruno collecting yellows is possibly connected to our style of play imo. Just not sure I buy this unlucky line, I personally expected this to happen. 

• Like 2