Eddie Howe, the god-like genius, and his injury-ravaged sausage-shaking title contenders v some tin pot club on the south coast

Dr Gloom

We played our 3rd choice left back (Burn and Targett) our second choice CB (Botman) our 3rd choice CM (Bruno and Tonali) 3rd choice LW (Gordon and Barnes) ended up with our 3rd choice RW (Miggy and Murphy). No recognised striker (Wilson and Isak). There should be no complaints about Lascelles (he has been great) no matter what we think of him as he is next in line to start and you have to expect him to have some game time. When it comes to the rest, Hall is one for the future, as is Miley, Ritchie is one from the past, Joelinton was played out of position and is still not too long back from injury, Willock is not too long back from his injury. Tino had a bad injury last season. 

In the past when we have be 'ravaged' by injuries, we have been just been waiting for ASM and Wilson. 

With this list of injuries, you have to look at training and question the coaching element and what the manager is playing at. When you do this, you can see that most have happened in games and not due to the training techniques. We can say that we have been unlucky and just have to work our way through. 

Bruno and Isak are due back in our next game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Wilson out a number of weeks 😢

Gordon is far better on the wing that fannying about as some pretend striker.  

Also I note that Minteh is injured too and out until January.  

😒

Edited by trophyshy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Agreed, we're missing Gordon's influence on the wing. Do we have anyone else who can play up top though?

Howe said earlier this season that Murphy can play as a CF if needed. As can Joelinton/Gordon. Ben Parkinson was CF for the U21s last season apparently. 

Let's just hope Isak is fit soon!

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Howe said earlier this season that Murphy can play as a CF if needed. As can Joelinton/Gordon. Ben Parkinson was CF for the U21s last season apparently. 

Let's just hope Isak is fit soon!

Playing there and being good at it are two different things.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I henceforth retire from starting match threads.

retire? FUCKING RETIRE, you don’t get the option, you are dishonourably discharged and forfeit all rights.

I’m with Renton on this matter, burn the cunt (lets see if has a “pheonix” moment).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just saw the footage of supporters in the away end giving Trippier shit. Unbelievable tbh 

Aye you should have wound your neck in after your tins of gin and tonic on the way down ffs

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wasn't Spaniel going home and away before anyways? 

Don’t know, never seen her at away games and I’m known to go to one or two myself…Caulkin is getting absolutely annihilated for this pic…

Aye I think it was HMHM as well talking about how it’s always the same people interviewed at any event or for Football Focus or whatever for the “fan’s view” as well. I literally couldn’t give a fuck what most of them think.  Even reckon Pearson must be on the payroll or something. Although fuck knows why. Because it’s pretty fucking difficult to get tickets for every single match unless you’re paying for hospitality ones 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye I think it was HMHM as well talking about how it’s always the same people interviewed at any event or for Football Focus or whatever for the “fan’s view” as well. I literally couldn’t give a fuck what most of them think.  Even reckon Pearson must be on the payroll or something. Although fuck knows why. Because it’s pretty fucking difficult to get tickets for every single match unless you’re paying for hospitality ones 

I don't and never have had a twitter account. have they changed the privacy side of it since it became x?

anyway, I only get to see the embedded links people post on here, the very occasional visit to n.o. or stuff that people text me on whatsapp and that's limited to the tweet itself, the comments can't be viewed.

seems to be commonly held opinion (that obviously doesn't mean it's factual) that spaniel lugs is a non seasonal ticket holder, has use of multis held by truefaith and regularly is a guest of journalists.

not bad perks really for saying 'erm' more times than steve fucking gerrard.

mind you, on the downside you get to have to be friends with alex hurst. 

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Don’t know, never seen her at away games and I’m known to go to one or two myself…Caulkin is getting absolutely annihilated for this pic…

I loved his writing. But spoilt it listening to the podcast as he comes across as an utter cunt. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

I didn't really give it much credence other than a piss take but when I saw certain guests in Saudi Arabia for a bootcamp you're thinking how the fuck did that come about? Pearson was one but he wasn't the only one, then some lad gets a ticket for Brighton who apparently was a Saudi red before and he's in the executive box getting wined and dined because sershul media. Look at that Roberto quasi-journalist? who happens to be an American Paraguayan (and didn't like to mention it), people falling over themselves to make sure he's looked after because he kept going on about NUFC and Miggy. Then you look at those still there or those who aren't who wouldn't get the lickings of a dog. Anyway, good luck if you can get it I suppose but it's not for me. Enjoy the ride those still clinging on. :good:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I loved his writing. But spoilt it listening to the podcast as he comes across as an utter cunt. 

I can’t think that I’ve ever heard more than one or two of them. The reason why I don’t is mostly down to him turning from an excellent journalist into basically a stenographer for PiF which the pic beautifully illustrates. Also that i formed the impression that Taylor was a self promoting wanker before he was on the podcast. I note his mate Besty has now returned to social media obscurity . Not sure if these things are connected or not

As for Ms Hope, who I’m only really aware of via her notoriety on these pages, I’ve no idea as to her ticketing status. Didn’t see her in AFCB’s tiny concourse area yesterday and, as I noted earlier, neither have I ever seen her other than perhaps once with her cohort of smug SM types upstairs in the 3 Bulls. (The other fellah is Caulkins mate who works for the Cherries)    So yeah. It looks fuckin awful when long standing supporters are being virtually criminalised by the club they’re likely to have supported for decades before Amanda Staveley could point to Tyneside on a fuckin map for the crime of passing a ticket on to a mate :cuppa:

• Like 4