How you all doing ?

Tdansmith

59 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well, he's still on oxygen, but he's a lot more like himself. Sounds like they'll want him off oxygen for a full 24hrs though, which probably means he'll not be out of here until Friday at the earliest.

Im afraid that means my outstanding contributions to this place will be lacking. Gonna need you to step up your funny jokes, data posts and braggadocio. Ta

Good to hear he's feeling a little bit better.

Hopefully he'll be home for the weekend and things will soon get back to normal for you all.

He's migrated from the mask and 5 litres, to the nasal cannula and 2litres, still hitting 95%. Which is great. He's gonna need to hit 92 without any oxygen, for a sustained period (could be 24hrs) before they let us go home.

He's even hitting 95% while asleep which is better than expected. 

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 9

Still going to be another 48hrs. They want him to finish the course of antibiotics.

We haven't told him, the wife is sanguine about it but I'm gutted. Really wanted him to be home for the weekend.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Still going to be another 48hrs. They want him to finish the course of antibiotics.

We haven't told him, the wife is sanguine about it but I'm gutted. Really wanted him to be home for the weekend.

It’s better though, mate. He’s in the best place just in case where he can monitored properly. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Better he stays in until the course is finished. He'll be home and back to normal before you know it.

He's going to need some treats for being a brave lad when he gets home mind.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Fish said:

Ah that's shit for him. I'm no stranger to extended hospital stays and expecting to get home only to watch the hours roll by before eventually being told "actually no, you're here another few days at least" is always a bit demoralising. It's probably for the best though.

Hey, at least he's isn't old enough yet to do stupid things like discharge himself because he thinks he knows better. Hopefully he's back to himself soon.

• Like 2

We've promised him a trip to the toy shop when he's all better. Little does he know that his mother and I are the arbiters of what 'all better' looks like. 

You Lose Get Out GIF

Gullibility must come from her side of the family.

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Gemmill said:

On the plus side Dave, this has got superhero origin story written all over it.

There aren't many superheroes who get their powers at 42.

Already got a couple of names picked out though; Insomniman, or The Impotent Rage!

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There aren't many superheroes who get their powers at 42.

Already got a couple of names picked out though; Insomniman, or The Impotent Rage!

Pimms drinking shithouse man ?

😂

• Haha 6

He's back in school today, nigh on sprinting down the road to get there. As soon as he sees his mates he's showing off his cannula bruise and telling them how he got to go in an ambulance. Dunno whether or not to let him go to afterschool club, but going off this morning he 'll be grand. 

For all I got frustrated towards the end, can't say anything but good things about the staff. The issues all stem from underfunding. Fuck the Tories.

• Like 8