howe's battle weary, walking wounded but still should've done better on saturday nufc v pochettino's shit tangoing not fit for a strictly dance off, corn beef munching cockney wankers.

thebrokendoll

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Neil Lennon suggesting that Howe's training is to blame for the injuries. He might need another kick in the face.

A few people saying this but I'm sure I recall reading on either here or elsewhere that only 2 or 3 of our injuries are muscle problems that you might expect from training intensity. The majority are impact damage issues, I.e. from challenges and so on.

1 minute ago, toonotl said:

This season is so fucked.

I was thinking last night there's parallels between this season and 94/95 where we'd finished the previous season higher than expected but then dropped off a bit due to mainly bad luck (though I still think selling Cole was wrong). 

Let's hope next season is a step up like 95/96 was but with a happier ending. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Even under Mike Ashley did we ever have as weak a bench as that?

Yes. Many times. Half of those cunts would be in the first 11 under Ashley's ownership :lol:

How shit must our centre mids in the u21s that we'd rather have three goalies on the bench man. We're 1 injury away from being beyond fucked. We may need to risk a 10 point deduction in January just to put a decent 11 out at this rate.

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Willock has "aggravated an achilles problem", says Eddie.

Probably from playing far too many games in succession on his return due to the other injuries.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Just get through this unscathed and play Karius and Gillespie in outfield on Tuesday. Create CL history 

Karius up top to get a hat trick and finally put his CL demons to rest.

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Probably from playing far too many games in succession on his return due to the other injuries.

That's what's so fucked about this situation. The worse it gets the worse it's liking to continue to be as players who are fit have to play way too many games and then get injured themselves.

Edited by toonotl
  • Like 2

Just now, toonotl said:

That's what's so fucked about this situation. The worst it gets the worse it's liking to continue to be as players who are fit have to play way too many games and then get injured themselves.

Aye, it's not great like. Even if Longstaff is back for PSG (unlikely) it seems highly doubtful that he'd be able to do 90 minutes which he'd have to do. Same with Willock.

When Barnes is back we have the option of moving Gordon central and going 4231 but then it's a risk to play Gordon and Barnes together anyways.

We are fucked, if it doesn't improve soon.