Newcastle United vs Fulham FC

Gemmill

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I would like to see some sort of rotation.

Trips is out anyway. Would have preferred Burn to be eased back up to fitness rather than dumped in.  But we have options there with Krafth and Hall.

I would like to see maybe Miley given a rest for Longy.  Lads played some tough matches, but we have some right fixtures piling up.  I would even maybe look at resting Gordon too.

Yeah. But who would you rest Gordon for, if Longy is playing over Miley?

If Wilson is starting, you could play Isak on the left. Or bring him off the bench later on if needs be. Bruno, Longstaff and Joelinton in the middle, Miley on the bench. Maybe Hall at LB and Tino at RB.

God I can't wait for the rest of them to come back.

Gordon has looked knackered last two games. I agree starting Isak on the left might be a good idea if Wilson is fit. Mind you Isak continues to look a shadow of last season's player. Dunno if it's a fitness thing but he needs a goal to get going again. 

Glad Trippier is suspended, only way he was going to get the desperately needed rest. Wish Miggy could be rested/dropped too but there's noone to come in. 

Desperately needed win here. This is not going to be an easy game. Fulham are in good form plus our lot are exhausted and probably low on confidence after the last 3 games. 

10 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I actually think Miley is better than Longy

Have to give Longstaff sime time to get up to match speed, butbit certainly seems like Miley is faster to release the ball and potentially more accurate too. That's not disrespecting Sean, but rather complimenting Lewis.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Barnes and Willock have had set backs and are both out till at least January 

steve-bruce-knobtouch.gif

That's only 2 weeks away. Chill Winston

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

That's only 2 weeks away. Chill Winston

we really could have done with barnes coming back - that's almost certainly at least 6 more games with no rotation options for gordon or miggy

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we really could have done with barnes coming back - that's almost certainly at least 6 more games with no rotation options for gordon or miggy

Isak can play left or right side. Joelinton can play left side. 

Not ideal and yes, having BArnes back would be great, but I say again, Chill Winston.

34 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Isak can play left or right side. Joelinton can play left side. 

Not ideal and yes, having BArnes back would be great, but I say again, Chill Winston.

i think we'll be fine in the new year when injuries ease and we bring a couple of new players in, but the rest of this month is going to be a real test

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think we'll be fine in the new year when injuries ease and we bring a couple of new players in, but the rest of this month is going to be a real test

Hopefully having Wilson, Burn and Longstaff back will mean we can rest Gordon or Almiron, Bruno, Miley or Joelinton, and Trippier.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Newcastle flop in Champs' League good news for Fulham (friendsoffulham.com)

Some of them are measured, some are VERY confident.

There is another factor in play; Fulham are better than Newcastle in a fair contest. Silva has finally got the right personnel and system working by including Tom Cairney in the build while there is already talk of Eddie Howe's position in charge of a mega-rich club.

I'd like a bit of whatever he's smoking - in a fair contest, with our full squad we'd knock 3 or 4 past them, the daft cunt.

Also, who the fuck is talking about Eddie's position, other than wondering if he can still do a job in defence should our injuries worsen further?