Chelsea v Newcastle United

Gemmill

3 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

I was in southern Spain when it went to pens with England vs Colombia. A pissed up daft English cunt tried to [foolishly] claim England were the worst side in the world at penalty shoot-outs. Thankfully I was in earshot and he's probably talking about me now.

Did you tell him it was the Netherlands instead? ;) 

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We will have to agree to disagree. I was calling Almiron out when we were winning because he's fucking hopeless.

Trippier has dropped 3 clangers and missed a penalty in 1.5 games. It doesn't undo how mint he's been since he signed, but he's not infallible. 

Nobody is infallible.

Trippier has made costly mistakes in the last 2/3 games. No problem with calling out mistakes (missing a penalty isn’t a mistake

imo, but no biggie)

The hyperbole is mental though, we have gone from literally bottom of the league and out of the cups as soon as we enter them. To champions league, a final, a quarter final lost away to Chelsea and the reaction is inconsistent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Did you tell him it was the Netherlands instead? ;) 

I've seen us win 3 penalty shoot-outs since the late 80s and one of them was the Zenith Data Systems Doylums or something at Wembley and I only count it in an optimistic mood. Our success rate has to be fucking rank. 

5 minutes ago, strawb said:

Nobody is infallible.

Trippier has made costly mistakes in the last 2/3 games. No problem with calling out mistakes (missing a penalty isn’t a mistake

imo, but no biggie)

The hyperbole is mental though, we have gone from literally bottom of the league and out of the cups as soon as we enter them. To champions league, a final, a quarter final lost away to Chelsea and the reaction is inconsistent.

I don't think anybody is failing to recognise by saying that trippier looks shot at the minute is there?

Edited by thebrokendoll

Just now, MMXXVIII said:

I've seen us win 3 penalty shoot-outs since the late 80s and one of them was the Zenith Data Systems Doylums or something at Wembley and I only count it in an optimistic mood. Our success rate has to be fucking rank. 

Aye. I knew you meant us. I was struggling to think of one tbh and all that came to mind was v Man Utd in that Ibrox Tournament fucking decades ago ( lost to Sampdoria in the final when Lombardo gave Beresford a torrid time). I mentioned the Dutch because I think their record is even worse than England’s 

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

13 away games and we’ve won 2. 

Luton up next then our standard defeat from Liverpool. I’m not sure what’s gone wrong this season away. I’m sure the support is getting us through home games and we’ve got a soft centre away.

I know.

I need away tickets, this wasn't happening last season!

• Like 1

Just now, ackas said:

Our football is chaos this season. Loads of  reasons for that but we don’t have the same control or game management that we had. I’m sure we’ll sort it out at some point…

I hope we do but I fear it will be next season.

I'd be happier if we just conceded in the 60th minute like we used to. Players running themselves ragged to hang on to an early goal and 2 new injuries every game isn't worth the heartache of conceding in injury time.

Liverpool, PSG, Milan, Chelsea, West Ham all fucking heartbreaking this season 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye. I knew you meant us. I was struggling to think of one tbh and all that came to mind was v Man Utd in that Ibrox Tournament fucking decades ago ( lost to Sampdoria in the final when Lombardo gave Beresford a torrid time). I mentioned the Dutch because I think their record is even worse than England’s 

Was a tournament English football authorities thought a good idea late 80s at Wembley. We won a penalty shoot-out, I listened to it but I don't remember who we beat.

Anyway it's 4 now.

3 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Was a tournament English football authorities thought a good idea late 80s at Wembley. We won a penalty shoot-out, I listened to it but I don't remember who we beat.

Anyway it's 4 now.

Liverpool in the football league centenary kickabout. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

I was in southern Spain when it went to pens with England vs Colombia. A pissed up daft English cunt tried to [foolishly] claim England were the worst side in the world at penalty shoot-outs. Thankfully I was in earshot and he's probably talking about me now.

:lol: 

I've had similar conversations with dopey England fans on holiday during international tournaments. I sometimes think they think every holiday person speaking English is fluent in 'The Sun' and get surprised when they get told they're talking shite.

1 minute ago, MMXXVIII said:

Anyway it's 4 now.

Was the superb Liverpool side of '88 of all teams. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ackas said:

Liverpool in the football league centenary kickabout. 

When you know you're lush the opponents don't register. Now I've had enough trauma to set me back I'm gonna cling to the Liverpool penalty shoot-out in the 80s like darling Jack at the end of Titanic.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Anyway it's 4 now.

That was to celebrate the centenary of the football league (sponsored by mercantile credit iirc). The Zenith Data Systems sponsored one was an extra, short-lived, domestic cup (in the absence of European football after the Heysel ban). 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: 

I've had similar conversations with dopey England fans on holiday during international tournaments. I sometimes think they think every holiday person speaking English is fluent in 'The Sun' and get surprised when they get told they're talking shite.

Was the superb Liverpool side of '88 of all teams. :lol:

It was only 15 or 20 minutes each half wasn’t it? Or am I imagining things now? 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1