Chelsea v Newcastle United

Gemmill

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Merry Christmas. CL and LC chucked away in a week

In the dying minutes. We are the anti-Villa. While they strive on confidence and everything is going well for them we fuck it up at the end.

There's bad luck but we've shot ourselves in the foot countless times this season. 

This is a year of learning and adjustment. I think we need to write it off and wait for luck to correct itself next season 🍭

• Like 1

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Ah well at least we are relieved of Gemmill starting the next match thread. 

Gemmill needs to have a thread starting ban. At least. 

Oh well, look on the positives, we can concentrate on the league..... 

kill me now barney stinson GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

There's bad luck but we've shot ourselves in the foot countless times this season. 

This is a year of learning and adjustment. I think we need to write it off and wait for luck to correct itself next season 🍭

I've been doing that for most of the last 30 years though. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Actually, it isn’t at all reactionary. Cruising and that fucking idiot pressed self destruct. And that’s before the penalty. Bramble would be proud 

Agreed tbh. I don't know what's got into Trippier recently. Also think the stuff about tiredness last week was pretty weak. But today he's pissed me right off both for conceding and missing the goal for his penalty. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Might be reactionary but that’s 100% on Kieran Trippier tbh

I think that's fair. He's had a bad run and lost confidence, probably owing mostly to fatigue and potentially carrying a knock of some kind. We've gone two and a bit years and barely seen him make an error. But, fairs fair. It might be harsh but we'd be through if it wasn't for his fuck up. Yet, in the broader scheme of things, we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are without him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Merry Christmas. CL and LC chucked away in a week

Fucking hell mate do you need a wank off of something? Incessantly negative. We  lost a game of football. In the quarter finals.

We lost in the final of this cup last year.

Neither are ideal but both are progress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, strawb said:

Fucking hell mate do you need a wank off of something? Incessantly negative. We  lost a game of football. In the quarter finals.

We lost in the final of this cup last year.

Neither are ideal but both are progress.

Have you read the last 10 pages :lol: 

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Seriously. What has happened to Trippier? That’s more than just mental fatigue.

It was just a mistake. No one is infallible. He just keeps getting the maximum punishment for this rate run of mistakes. 

I don't know why everyone is desperate to look for extra reasons. 

• Like 3

Jesus Christ some of the patter on this page. 

It's Arsenal TV. :lol:

Blokes that couldn't run a 5k asking just how fatigued can these lads REALLY be?! 

One of our best players since the takeover needs dropped and is probably leaving in the summer cos he's made a few mistakes during a pressurised period. 

Christ. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

It was just a mistake. No one is infallible. He just keeps getting the maximum punishment for this rate run of mistakes. 

I don't know why everyone is desperate to look for extra reasons. 

It’s not just this game though. He has been terrible for a couple of weeks now making a series of crucial mistakes.