Eddie Howe's Stumbling Sausages visit [checks notes] Rob Edwards' Harried Hatters

Meenzer

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Merson on sky sports has said we've been all over them. 

We were all over nothing, they started to get a bit panicked because they've not kept a clean sheet all season, but we created nothing apart from a Wilson point blank header in the first half.

Well done Luton. They played us at a good time but out-fought us and out-worked us all game. This is the first serious dip in form since Howe took over. I fully expect him to turn it around

• Like 3

Terrible performance. Terrible result. Once again we waste a golden opportunity to get some momentum going away from home.

Well done to Luton. I imagine it's been a difficult week for them.

This season is turning into a bit of a nightmare for us. The fatigue is the killer. We simply can't play our game and it means we play some hybrid strange thing with zero identity away from home.

There doesn't seem to be a solution at the moment. We simply need players back. Particularly we need players who can play on the wings because Gordon has been off it and Miggy looks utterly destroyed.

Merry Xmas, lads.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OTF said:

We were all over nothing, they started to get a bit panicked because they've not kept a clean sheet all season, but we created nothing apart from a Wilson point blank header in the first half.

And an unfairly disallowed goal tbf. 

That was dogshit tbh. Midfield was non existent with Bruno seemingly the only one who could keep possession. They've been running on empty but that's as much about being just shit today. Second half of the season should hopefully be better if we get players back and the midweek games lessen. 

Just now, Renton said:

Yeah, that's the spirit! 

:lol:

I could say I'm dead optimistic, be lying through me fucking teeth though.

we were fucking woeful, again.

some of the teams who are comfortably beating us now away from home is fucking embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

And an unfairly disallowed goal tbf. 

I think it was just about offside in this era of completely bullshit offside decisions tbf.

Genuinely the first time I've watched us this season and thought the players have let themselves down. But then I can still make a case for them being completely fucked. I think, as has been said, until we get Willock, Joelinton, Barnes and Anderson back, we're going to continue to see stuff like this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

:lol:

I could say I'm dead optimistic, be lying through me fucking teeth though.

we were fucking woeful, again.

some of the teams who are comfortably beating us now away from home is fucking embarrassing.

I'm going to petition the club to get you an honary away season ticket mate. 👍

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Season is now a write off now. Need to consolidate and get ready for next year. Hopefully we'll get an FA cup run but we've next to no chance of winning it. 

Top 4 is a big ask, but Chelsea and Man Utd are so shit that 6th place is achievable if we pull our finger out. 

That 2nd goal by Milan that we weren't bothered about as it meant we could focus on the league cup and finishing top 4 rather than the Europa League, is suddenly looking like a daft goal to concede...

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think it was just about offside in this era of completely bullshit offside decisions tbf.

Genuinely the first time I've watched us this season and thought the players have let themselves down. But then I can still make a case for them being completely fucked. I think, as has been said, until we get Willock, Joelinton, Barnes and Anderson back, we're going to continue to see stuff like this.

Did you miss the Bournemouth and Everton games?

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Top 4 is a big ask, but Chelsea and Man Utd are so shit that 6th place is achievable if we pull our finger out. 

That 2nd goal by Milan that we weren't bothered about as it meant we could focus on the league cup and finishing top 4 rather than the Europa League, is suddenly looking like a daft goal to concede...

That was always bullshit. Presumably the posters who thought the EL was beneath us then won't want us qualifying for it through the league? 

• Like 3

Just now, Renton said:

Well at least you'd concede it was a chance? What do the xG lads say? 

Yeah a chance, but doesn't impact our overall performance. We were second best in the physical and the pace of the game was largely dictated by them. Our cohesion was well off, which is partly to be expected due to our massive injury list, but we were a bit heartless out there, like an off-brand Newcastle imitation. I know they were trying but we lost the fight and started throwing aimless hopeful haymakers way too early. Bruno extremely guilty of this, but it was across the board.

Really nothing at all redeeming to take from this except that if Lascelles is just a knock we didn't add any significant injuries to the list.