Newcastle United vs Nottingham Forest

LongTimeAdmirer

Think we’ve been alright, nowt special. Missing Big Joes energy in midfield and a few unlucky bounces around their box.

Trippier should have fouled Gibbs White and taken the booking.

We win this with decent changes in the second half.

• Like 4

Just now, strawb said:

Think we’ve been alright, nowt special. Missing Big Joes energy in midfield and a few unlucky bounces around their box.

Trippier should have fouled Gibbs White and taken the booking.

We win this with decent changes in the second half.

He tried to but fucked it 🙁 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Another game, another nightmare performance from Almiron costing us. The selection of Burn is also a factor in their goal, Livramento would have been closer to Elanga. 

Aye strange one starting Burn he's been constantly found out today. Tino is on a different level to him and should be starting if fit. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

No, not his fault, full length of the pitch ffs

Gibbs White should’ve been taken out long before he could feed the winger. Miggy shouldbe buried it. Fab should’ve sorted his feet out and blocked. 

There’s three glaring errors . Only one is being remarked upon. I don’t get it. I can see the blatant limitations in Almiron game. I don’t see logical options from the bench and I see a manager who was accused of being too loyal to players in his previous job to the extent that it caused their relegation and him leaving his boyhood club. 

But aye, Miggy’s shite man 😑

• Like 4

We've been poor again apart from a few bright passages either side of our goal. It's now a problem with a lack of conviction and confidence on top of everything else. Don't know why we don't try to slow the game down a bit when we start to lose control. It's clear that we don't have the stamina at the moment. But the players keep rushing free kicks, throwins and goal kicks. Not to mention we seem to lack the nous to commit the odd timely foul in transition to stop our opponents. It's naive football from a side running on fumes. Need to play a bit ugly at times to get results at the moment. Let the pretty stuff and entertainment first mentality come when we bodies back and a run of form under our belt.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

The one time it’s on for Almiron to have an effort on his left and and he plays that pass :lol: 

we have been sloppy mind 

It was coming well before. Players are obviously very low on confidence anxious to make mistakes. Almiron being afraid to shoot being the perfect example. 

Very frustrating but I don’t get the need to start slagging off players gor things like this.

• Like 4

It's the effect he's had on the whole game man, not just their goal. 

Mind you I think Burn and Longy have been very poor today. Looking at the replay seems like Burn almost goes off to mark Botman rather than his man on the left. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Another game, another nightmare performance from Almiron costing us. The selection of Burn is also a factor in their goal, Livramento would have been closer to Elanga. 

I think Gordon is a better footballer but him and Almiron are partly struggling due to how many minutes they’ve played lately. They’re both at their most effective when they can give 100% effort. I think both have had to conserve energy of Kate at times because of the lack of options. Not a defence of Almiron’s ability or decision making but if he is not able to bust a gut for 90 minutes then he offers a lot less. 
Soft goal to concede after that too so not all on Almiron. He’s been gash in possession however 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye strange one starting Burn he's been constantly found out today. Tino is on a different level to him and should be starting if fit. 

I can’t believe Howe apparently prefers burn at left back to Livramento 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Bench options I think (hope) with Tino being able to play on the wing too. And not a lot else. I’d like to see him Hall and Joelinton get decent minutes 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Gibbs White should’ve been taken out long before he could feed the winger. Miggy shouldbe buried it. Fab should’ve sorted his feet out and blocked. 

There’s three glaring errors . Only one is being remarked upon. I don’t get it. I can see the blatant limitations in Almiron game. I don’t see logical options from the bench and I see a manager who was accused of being too loyal to players in his previous job to the extent that it caused their relegation and him leaving his boyhood club. 

But aye, Miggy’s shite man 😑

the support needs a scapegoat. I had a feeling jt would be Miggy after ASM left 

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

Bench options I think (hope) with Tino being able to play on the wing too. And not a lot else. I’d like to see him Hall and Joelinton get decent minutes 

And perhaps giving Tino a bit of a rest before bringing him back in. Really hope to hell he still doesn't think Burn is the first choice. 

• Like 2

I think Burn gets picked in the XI for reasons over and above a straight consideration on ability in his position. Not saying it's a good decision but it isn't a matter of Howe rating Burn as the squad's best left back in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Howay said:

Howe needs his fucking head shaking, starting burn instead of liveramento, he is being torn apart down that wing. 

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It was coming well before. Players are obviously very low on confidence anxious to make mistakes. Almiron being afraid to shoot being the perfect example. 

Very frustrating but I don’t get the need to start slagging off players gor things like this.

He’s had one purple patch since he joined the club and doesn’t give you a lot var graft beyond that. He’s frustrating as fuck. Not sure what your point is re the last bit unless you think you can’t criticise a lack of a ability and a footballing brain

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

BREAKING 

Miguel Almiron heavily linked to a shooting from a grassy knoll in Dallas in November 1963 :cuppa:

He’d have missed 

• Haha 3