Liverpool’s worst looking advert for dental care gone wrong against Eddie’s mental care patients

Isegrim

I've never seen a crowd in the PL like Liverpools, always a chip on their shoulder, always hard done by and bay for blood any time one of their players goes down anywhere on the pitch.

Horrible lot!

• Like 5

:lol: Still cannot get over this one like. What an absolute fucking joke. Even looked a blatant fucking dive in real time too. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

Also, as always when watching us play these I had fucking Beglin commentating. Constant fucking twisting and moaning on, he never shut the fuck up about any time we had more than one person in the technical area. Is it too much to ask to just have a game against these pricks without having one of their arse licking ex players commentating?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Ok, if that’s the case he’s replacing Bruno on tonight’s showing :cuppa:

I would agree. Bruno was pony. But again how much football has he played recently? He also needs rotating. 

Longstaff has been shit

Miley is starting to show signs of wear, be it physically or mentally. 

Gordon looked better when he switched sides. But again he looks gassed to fuck. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Howay said:

Poor performance by our lot, Howe has to stop selecting Burn tbh any time Krafth plays he looks solid so why not play him? The centre of our midfield simply has to be improved, the second goal is easily prevented with a holding midfielder as the initial loose ball from Burns tackle would have been picked up instead we had to watch Bruno v Szoboszlai in a footrace. 

Gordon looks dead on his feet but managed a good bit of play for Isaks goal (brilliant take btw). 

Really don’t understand why Liverpool fans have such a complex mind, fucking booing the ref for not giving Joelinton a yellow but meanwhile he booked Miley for a tackle that wasn’t even a free kick and gave them two penalties that were never a pen (the second one was an utter fucking disgrace :lol: the bloke literally took three fucking steps before throwing himself over). 

Immense performance from Dubravka mind, some of the chances he was stopping were brilliant saves but he was massively let down by the team. Almiron of course come on and immediately dropped a clanger at 2-1 by not simply squaring it but instead blaring it 20 foot over - don’t blame him for the outcome of course but also not looking forward to his inevitable return to the 11 next weekend. 

The pens aside that Miley booking was absolutely fucking incredible and as bad a decision as you’ll see. How anyone watching that can even give a foul is simply nuts. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ackas said:

At 1-1 they brought on the fresh legs of Jota, Gakpo and Gravenbach. 

We just don’t have those options available to us at the moment. 

It does prove that FFP rules are not just there to stop free spending but also to maintain the status quo. Our squad is still lacking depth due to years of underinvestment. We won’t be able to sign anyone notable in January.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It does prove that FFP rules are not just there to stop free spending but also to maintain the status quo. Our squad is still lacking depth due to years of underinvestment. We won’t be able to sign anyone notable in January.

I was thinking last night.  It's going to take a good 5-6 years for us to be even looking at competing IMO.  They will just keep conjuring up rules.

Villa are having an outstanding season.  Will they be allowed into the secret handshake club?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I was thinking last night.  It's going to take a good 5-6 years for us to be even looking at competing IMO.  They will just keep conjuring up rules.

Villa are having an outstanding season.  Will they be allowed into the secret handshake club?

I don’t think there are any guarantees we’ll ever get there with FFP cock-blocking us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I would agree. Bruno was pony. But again how much football has he played recently? He also needs rotating. 

Longstaff has been shit

I was furious with Bruno last night but tbf his workload is huge given the paucity of his midfield colleagues at the moment. I knew that last night as well but I do like to scapegoat him as you know :D 

if his inability to put it up to Sozboz in the build up to to their first goal is down to fatigue rather than attitude then we’re in a whole world of trouble. But that would also apply to a lot of the other players who have barely had a break…

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I don’t think there are any guarantees we’ll ever get there with FFP cock-blocking us.

Well let’s see what Villa do…if they’re within 3 points of the top in February when Europe starts again if I were them I’d sack it off, the conference is fuckin piss water compared with what they could achieve.. they need a couple of canny signings in January eg cover for Watkins…ffp allowing obvs 🙄 

Thing with Villa, they have saleable assists, have always seen as a huge club so that may give them some sway.  What doesn't threat the big big clubs, is their lack of financial clout that we have.

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I was furious with Bruno last night but tbf his workload is huge given the paucity of his midfield colleagues at the moment. I knew that last night as well but I do like to scapegoat him as you know :D 

if his inability to put it up to Sozboz in the build up to to their first goal is down to fatigue rather than attitude then we’re in a whole of trouble. But that would also apply to a lot of the other players who have barely had a break…

I was too fucked off with Joe's fucked up choice which lead to us losing the ball to them to notice bruno's lack of press on slobby.

As a team last night we were shit bar Dubs. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

They do still profit from selling Grealish and getting rid of Gerrard. They can invest in players as well as in a good manager. They will probably struggle once they are restricted by ffp as well.

• Like 2

Midfield was a problem, defensively we're just getting caught up, as I said last night Gordon looked absolutely fucked almost straight away, as much as the long term future looks very promising for Miley you can tell it's weakened our side a bit as you pass through us a bit easier, everything seems to be going through Bruno so unsurprised he's struggling defensively, Burn played better last night than Forest but he's also not the long term answer let's be honest. I thought early on it might be a good idea to replace Gordon with Almiron as he looked fucked but fresh on and in a great position Miggy does his usual trick which is now too much, ok we needed his legs and engine but it's yet another potential chance chucked away so without going overboard he's another who long term needs eased on to the bench. It's going to get worse before it gets better and I'm not really crucifying them but we've just had a bit too much to cope with, hard to take too much from last night as it's fucking Liverpool away and we all know it's not an even deck, I'd love to see a special Sky focus on shit that these get away with similar to focus on oooh, let's see, time wasting and technical area stuff that only seems to apply to NUFC but we know the sky drill by now, hear no evil, see no evil and definitely speak no evil when the subject matter is Liverpool football club. Again, after a night's sleep I should be a bit more chilled and in a way I am but I can't help but think on that grimer wormtongue cunt on the mic last night, utterly, utterly shouting them on, he got more excited for random Liverpool shots than he did for our actual goals. LFC TV. I'll take people's word for Carragher after the match as I wasn't about to listen to their shit or see them gloss over or even ignore the pens and non pens. The show as usual was the Liverpool show, we were just the props and the props don't have a speaking part. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The pens aside that Miley booking was absolutely fucking incredible and as bad a decision as you’ll see. How anyone watching that can even give a foul is simply nuts. 

Klopp, their players and the crowd all wanted a red for that - and of course no bookings for Van Dyk or Salah for asking for that or for asking for Joelinton to be booked. 

I think they are now angling to be promoted from level 1 to level 0 in my hierarchy of hatred (joining the mackems) - it's probably not healthy how much I hate everything about them. 

• Like 6

Yeah. The midfield is without doubt the issue. They are gassed or unfit. As I’ve said before you can’t play with this much intensity 2 times per week. This is leaving the defence massively exposed.

Miley is super talented but he needs to come out, especially away from home.

im not sure what the answer is as I don’t think  the players are suddenly going to find the energy. .

The season is going to end like a wet fart with mid table finish. Possibly lower half.  Massive job for Howe to get some momentum back. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Thing with Villa, they have saleable assists, have always seen as a huge club so that may give them some sway.  What doesn't threat the big big clubs, is their lack of financial clout that we have.

We also have saleable assets too though. Plus a lot more promise for commercial income to help us grow. Villa are currently having a Leicester season, and we all saw what happened there. It's just not sustainable, as they'll get CL (I think so anyways) but fall off next year. The Grealish money is gone now, so they are relying on one of the big boys coming in for Ramsay or Watkins to help them 

Aye, like Holden I am a little lost what the answer is.

Thankfully we have Willock to come back.  But how long will he be given to him to ease back in?  We haven't had the luxury with the other players that have come back.  Barnes the same.

We’ll get there in terms of being able to compete because the owners will grow the revenue streams year on year. That’s not the issue. The issue is that FFP, designed to make it a closed shop, means it can’t be done in a season or two. It’ll also probably mean players like Bruno moving on if the release clause is met in the next 18 months. That’s just how it is. The so-called big 6 are somewhat restricted in how much they can stop the inevitable re: us. As we’ve seen, they aren’t a united bloc, Man City in particular not going along with some of the things they are trying to do. Then you have the ‘smaller’ clubs gradually realising the restrictions just stop them ever competing too. You’ve already had Everton (partly out of spite) and Sheff Utd (off the top of my head) not just going with the flow. I can’t see a promoted Leicester appeasing Liverpool, Spurs, etc. as FFP fucked them over in terms of not being able to build on winning the league. Which lead to the steady decline that eventually saw them go down. Also, the bigger clubs can only do so much, even if they can push stuff through, before they ultimately start harming themselves. Man Utd will want to make the most of the INEOS links etc. 

• Like 8

That break after Man City will be huge for us.

Two weeks, no internationals, chance to get signings in and training as well as proper recovery for our existing squad before going into a load of winnable games.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Longstaff has been shit

He needs to play on the right of the three, he's anonymous on the left of it, but the right is where we play Miley.

• Like 2