Ten bob’s bell ends v HOWE’S HOWITZERS!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Didn’t deserve to win. Poor performance.

It was the little things, the moments as Howe will put it. Their first goal Trippier putting them all onside and unmarked in the middle of the box, their second our whole team sucked towards the ball from the corner leaving their player in acres of space with nothing between him and the back of the goal. Their third, what should have been a regulation save.

At the other end; Longstaff through with the clearest chance of the entire game and he puts it into a very saveable space, three on two and Isak takes a shot under pressure instead of passing to an unmarked player in a central position. It's those moments that this match hinged on. We weren't there for them and they were. Plus the VAR and probably a little bit of the genocide too.

Edited by OTF
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

WTF Anderson. The more he plays the more I think he's not good enough for this level :( 

Aye sadly you're right. maybe as some kind of solid sub squad player, 5/10 mins at the end of a match, but nothing else

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Rather concerned about Trippier. Yet another individual mistake, I know he's just come back in but he was making them regularly before the injury too.

I honestly think he wanted away in Jan when Bayern came in. I presume he was contacted about it sooner which may have coincided with his downturn in form.

It could also be not be that :lol:

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Oh aye, Tripps is done, first goal on him (again) Tino 1st choice next season, if Tripps wants to stay he’ll have to accept being understudy.

Edit - I’d keep Krafth over him

Edited by Toonpack
  • Confused 2

Not sure we can expect much out of Bournemouth at Chelsea but Brighton host Man United and they’re more than capable of beating them. We should beat a Brentford side that’s on the beach, even accounting for it being their last home game of the season. It’s imperative that we have Pope, Joelinton and Schar though. They’re big dirty fuckers

• Like 1

Ten Haag booed after thanking the fans for their brilliant support :lol: before reluctant cheering. And now promising them the Cup.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Don't agree. We beat them on every stat other than goals. We were the better team by a margin. 

Every stat other than putting the ball in the net. They were must better than us at doing that.

• Like 1

With Trippier, I’m hoping that a summer break (I’m not sure he goes to the Euros tbh. Maybe as emergency left back) can help him. Fresh start next season but he needs to know, in no uncertain terms, that Livramento is hot on his heels if he has a run of bad form 

• Like 3

Just now, ewerk said:

Every stat other than putting the ball in the net. They were must better than us at doing that.

We handed them the two first goals tbf. That stat is more a reflection on us than it is on them imo

• Like 2

Just now, ewerk said:

Yeah, the team that scores the most goals is always best, especially the home team at Old Trafford. 

Defensively we had a mare, but we were better going forward and robbed of a stone wall penalty. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OTF said:

It was the little things, the moments as Howe will put it. Their first goal Trippier putting them all onside and unmarked in the middle of the box, their second our whole team sucked towards the ball from the corner leaving their player in acres of space with nothing between him and the back of the goal. Their third, what should have been a regulation save.

At the other end; Longstaff through with the clearest chance of the entire game and he puts it into a very saveable space, three on two and Isak takes a shot under pressure instead of passing to an unmarked player in a central position. It's those moments that this match hinged on. We weren't there for them and they were. Plus the VAR and probably a little bit of the genocide too.

The great thing about that, being just a little off from being a truly great team, is that you only need 2-3 additional successful moves to make the transition. 2-3 quality signings that can tip the balance, we all know in which areas.

If the club fails to do that in the summer, it will be more of just this and we'll have noone else to blame. 

• Like 6

100%, aimaad. We are only a few quality signings from having a team that can realistically set 4th as the target at the start of the season next year. If we can magic up a few signings of the calibre of Gordon, Bruno, Isak, Botman (pre-injury) by the start of the season (and add some depth with the likes of the rumoured Tosin and Kelly signings) then anything could happen.

• Like 2

Just now, toonotl said:

100%, aimaad. We are only a few quality signings from having a team that can realistically set 4th as the target at the start of the season next year. If we can magic up a few signings of the calibre of Gordon, Bruno, Isak, Botman (pre-injury) by the start of the season (and add some depth with the likes of the rumoured Tosin and Kelly signings) then anything could happen.

We’ll probably improve considerably just off Tonali replacing Longstaff alone. 

• Like 4

It should/could have been us but it would be funny if Spurs lose and Chelsea knock them out of fifth. 

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

With Trippier, I’m hoping that a summer break (I’m not sure he goes to the Euros tbh. Maybe as emergency left back) can help him. Fresh start next season but he needs to know, in no uncertain terms, that Livramento is hot on his heels if he has a run of bad form 

It's his leadship qualities that will ensure he remains a key member of the squad even if his playing minutes are rightfully reduced.

Just now, OTF said:

It's his leadship qualities that will ensure he remains a key member of the squad even if his playing minutes are rightfully reduced.

I'm still hoping he has another good season in him, and he can sort his head out in the summer. He was outstanding earlier in the season and last season as well. If his head really is elsewhere he needs to make a decision in the summer. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

We’ll probably improve considerably just off Tonali replacing Longstaff alone. 

Yep. I'm hopeful that Tonali can buck the trend when it comes to Italians in the PL. I think a full season away from the pressures of week-to-week PL fixtures could have interesting effects. It's pure hope obviously but I hope he takes this past twelve months and really makes the most of it. If we can start next season with a midfield trio of Joelinton-Bruno-Tonali then anything is possible.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. I still hear rumours about his wife wanting him away from the NE

What a fucking shit day I had. It started awful, got worse and ended with this shit show. Fucking bollocks on all accounts.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. I still hear rumours about his wife wanting him away from the NE

confused what a bitch GIF by Distractify Video

Edited by aimaad22
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I'm still hoping he has another good season in him, and he can sort his head out in the summer. He was outstanding earlier in the season and last season as well. If his head really is elsewhere he needs to make a decision in the summer. 

I'm in the same boat. There's no doubting his quality. What is interesting will be if clubs are in for him again in the window to see what we do. There's obviously a point at which getting a fee and wages off the books for an aging, possibly declining player, becomes a value proposition worth considering.