Ten bob’s bell ends v HOWE’S HOWITZERS!

13 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

The great thing about that, being just a little off from being a truly great team, is that you only need 2-3 additional successful moves to make the transition. 2-3 quality signings that can tip the balance, we all know in which areas.

If the club fails to do that in the summer, it will be more of just this and we'll have noone else to blame. 

We need to sign Schär's replacement. It doesn't need to be a like for like as we're unlikely to find someone with his passing and technique who is also the right age and also more mobile. My hope is that with Tonali coming back we get that deeper distribution from him as well as a fully fit Botman. Then we need an additional striking option, perhaps someone with more of a physical presence who can play back to goal. Isak's fitness is patchy, and he has the odd game (like today) where things don't click for him. The right wing option also needs sorting. Murphy has on balance done well and Almiron has had patches but otherwise frustrated. To go to the next level we need improvement there. Then it's a better reserve keeper option than Pope, someone on the rise with quality on the ball also as that's still Pope's biggest weakness.

• Like 3

I was watching the game on Sky for the first time in ages. How the fuck do they think a panel of Cole, the swearing Cork cunt and this fat bearded cunt can be appropriate. Fucking ridiculous non-discussion of the penalty appeal in the first half.

Cunts everywhere.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I'm still hoping he has another good season in him, and he can sort his head out in the summer. He was outstanding earlier in the season and last season as well. If his head really is elsewhere he needs to make a decision in the summer. 

I wouldn't put it past him, he's certainly capable if his body does its part. I don't see him wanting to leave at this stage, but I guess it depends how long he wants to keep playing for. Hopefully he's ok transitioning into an offfield 'player' beyond next season (like Matt Ritchie, but loads better) l, having him as a mentor for Livramento could help him to round out his game.

Ah man, what to say that isn’t already been said? How the fuck we haven’t got anything out of that game is beyond me. Man U are lifting. We had so many chances to win it. All their goals were shit to concede from our perspective - a trippier brain fart, then an unmarked swing from a corner. Dubs should have done better for the second and the third goals.

We should have had a pen, but it’s old Trafford so forget about that. Isak, Longstaff and Miggy all have to score.

annoying but this game isn’t the reason we won’t finish top 6.   

• Like 9

The only positive from that result is that it may keep Ten Bob there a bit longer (although I doubt that Ratcliffe is that stupid).

As long as we can keep Bruno, Isak etc, I will even accept no tin pot European adventure, but the end to this season is pretty deflating so it can

Hey Fuck Off Billy Connolly GIF - Hey Fuck Off Fuck Off Billy Connolly GIFs

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I’ve woke up still annoyed. This felt quite pivotal. We can’t seem to get our noses past these cunts when it really matters. That’s ingrained in both clubs.

Tripper looked like that fat fullback on a Sunday league team that you know used to be good but just doesn’t have the legs anymore.

Dubs was shite. I’m assuming Pope is in the same boat as Trippier otherwise he’d be playing. If we had Schar and Tino we would have won that.

Hopefully we keep Isak and Bruno when we don’t make the euro spots although I’m not too bothered if we make the conference spot. We can just concentrate on the league. Keeping the star players is key though.

Hall is progressing every game.  It would be class if he could sneak into the euros squad. Trips won’t be going on that showing.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 6

I have to say, (and I thought this as soon as I heard it), Burn has to switch on a bit more pre-game in that interview as he was definitely being set up by sky with this rivalry bollocks scenario which was always going to blow up in our faces and was obviously a nice stage prop for Keane to denigrate another football club with zero comebacks from the presenter. The leading questions got their desired result. Eddie coaching required for the big lad. 

Its A Trap GIF by Star Wars

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’ve woke up still annoyed. This felt quite pivotal. We can’t seem to get our noses past these cunts when it really matters. That’s ingrained in both clubs.

Tripper looked like that fat fullback on a Sunday league team that you know used to be good but just doesn’t have the legs anymore.

Two seasons ago we were a club in perennial relegation battles, and we turned up last night having already beaten these twice this season, home and away. 

These are the stats from the home PL game. 

Screenshot_20240516-071218.thumb.png.10c4683f3b11eaa4d4063e186b8c2551.png

We absolutely battered them, and we had the better of the action last night, and we're probably about to finish ahead of them in the league. 

I haven't posted the EFL stats cos they don't collect as many in that competition. 

This is two seasons after being permanent relegation battlers.

I would say we're at least on a level with them now, although I actually think we're better than them. And if we've made up that much ground, that quickly, we'll kick on from here. 

The tide is turning, but even Man City can turn up to their place and get beat. 

I kept your comments about Trippier in cos I think they're incredibly harsh and, days on from you going in on people for criticising Almiron, Burn, etc, a little hypocritical. 

• Like 4

Our record against them this season. 

P3, W2 L1. 

Trajectory all in our favour. 

They're the ones that should be worried, not us. 

9 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I was watching the game on Sky for the first time in ages. How the fuck do they think a panel of Cole, the swearing Cork cunt and this fat bearded cunt can be appropriate. Fucking ridiculous non-discussion of the penalty appeal in the first half.

Cunts everywhere.

I Love You GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Stick the April match from last season in there too, and we were coming off a run of three wins on the bounce. Against Man United. 

Aye we got beat last night and it's incredibly disappointing because of the context, but we don't need to overreact. 

Edited by Gemmill

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Two seasons ago we were a club in perennial relegation battles, and we turned up last night having already beaten these twice this season, home and away. 

These are the stats from the home PL game. 

Screenshot_20240516-071218.thumb.png.10c4683f3b11eaa4d4063e186b8c2551.png

We absolutely battered them, and we had the better of the action last night, and we're probably about to finish ahead of them in the league. 

I haven't posted the EFL stats cos they don't collect as many in that competition. 

This is two seasons after being permanent relegation battlers.

I would say we're at least on a level with them now, although I actually think we're better than them. And if we've made up that much ground, that quickly, we'll kick on from here. 

The tide is turning, but even Man City can turn up to their place and get beat. 

I kept your comments about Trippier in cos I think they're incredibly harsh and, days on from you going in on people for criticising Almiron, Burn, etc, a little hypocritical. 

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Haha 1

Pretty deflating result. But win against Brentford and we at least finish 7th. I’m all for not going for Europe with the current squad. Consolidate next season, and ship out some more dead wood and invest and we should be good. 

10 hours ago, OTF said:

Plus the VAR

I'm not one of these who thinks that individual referees are out to get us but the name Jared Gillett keeps sticking in my mind when it comes to outrageous decisions against us and for that I am holding you partially responsible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's that VAR non-decision that's pissed me off most. Some incompetent / corrupt cunt has potentially cost the club millions. The drop from 6th to 7th is £3.1mil (approx.) plus there'd be the extra revenue from the Europa games. Not that we need the money mind, but it's baffling that some dickhead behind a monitor with all the technology available to them can still make the wrong decision in big games like this.

• Like 2

I'd be up for scrapping VAR. Automate offside technology and keep the goal line technology, but scrap everything else. It just gives two opportunities for big club bias to take place 

• Like 2

So the ref didn’t give the pen and neither did VAR?… sounds like a case of just following the on field decision. 

Not too surprised about last night. The Spurs performance was the exception not the rule for this season. We’ve been consistently fuckin rubbish away from home. Building your hopes up for Sunday would be a mistake too….

• Like 4

Speaking of building your hopes up for Sunday, we can still finisb 6th lads. Stranger things have happened on the last day of a PL season.