General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

14 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Aye, I'll always shop in-store as long as I know it's not going to be ridiculously busy, same reasons as Renton. Home delivery was useful during the worst of the pandemic, but it limits spontaneous buys, plus the number of unavailable items or useless replacements put me off it.

Mind, we do get a veg box delivered so I'm not one to talk.

Same. Used it during the pandemic a bit. Even then though I preferred just going to supermarkets masked-up

at really quiet times.

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: Was that a warning that you got in Facebook? They don't even get past the front door, and most of them are 60+.

I think it might have been a reference to MF ;) 

• Like 1

Btw, I used to have a Saturday job at a supermarket when I was a kid. Co-op Benton Hypermarket which is now an Asda. The Saturday before Xmas was fucking insane, man. All the tills on and queues for them stretching down the aisles. Some people with two trolleys absolutely rammed. People nearly coming to blows over the last packet of brandy butter on the shelves and all that and buying 12 pints of milk. Couldn’t get my head round it then or now. 

• Haha 2

I worked at Asda when I first left school.  Same.  All tills open and rammed.  When I was in Sainsburys they had massive queues at the tills but only half open.  One old gadge giving it some to the supervisor to get the tills open. :lol: 

Did click and collect for most of the sides and snacks, picking up the chicken from a local butchers on Saturday (not doing turkey because it's boring as fuck), getting the veg delivered too. 

Wife has gone over the top with the food mind, there's just the three of us with maybe another popping around on Christmas Eve for tea. The amount we've bought could conservatively feed 6 CTs.

• Haha 1

We've already got the turkey, pigs in blankets, sausage stuffing, and the yorkshires. Quite frankly I couldn't give a fuck about the rest of it so will just grab what's left tomorrow night and then sit on my arse drinking through til boxing day - stopping briefly to cook the dinner on the 25th.

We have enough for the dinner and the evening left over sarnie already - so I'm feeling pretty relaxed.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Also I might add, I've heard that many of the delivery drivers are dodgy as fuck, especially if you have young ladies at home. Just saying. Fortunately I think they are being farmed off out of harms way into the HGV industry. 

I've heard some of them turn up at the door looking like Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, checking out not only your wife's tits but also the state of the house noting how many pizza boxes are lying around, the latter being a prop for small talk, the former to be deposited in the wank bank but then again, I'm sure this doesn't really happen in real life does it@Monkeys Fist

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've heard some of them turn up at the door looking like Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, checking out not only your wife's tits but also the state of the house noting how many pizza boxes are lying around, the latter being a prop for small talk, the former to be deposited in the wank bank but then again, I'm sure this doesn't really happen in real life does it@Monkeys Fist

Sounds like an episode from Minging Bugger Footballers Wives…

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Where are you all getting your veg delivered from?

I usually pop into one of the greengrocers in Wallsend, saves the hassle of Sainsbury's where it's rammed with cars getting in and out. I'll pop in tomorrow. :good:

• Like 1

The approach road to the local Sainsbury's here kindly arrives in the middle of the car park, so you can either turn left to join the queue for a space 30 seconds nearer to the shop, or turn right and... park at your leisure in acres of space. People, man. :lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I usually pop into one of the greengrocers in Wallsend, saves the hassle of Sainsbury's where it's rammed with cars getting in and out. I'll pop in tomorrow. :good:

There’s only one greengrocers in Wallsend man- Tommy Owens! 

• Like 1

Ok, toontastic moral dilemma time. The wife's motability car has been extended so we're not in a contract anymore, there's a very good deal on an electric car which is a top spec for it's type, our utility supplier has been taken over by octopus who have EV friendly tarrifs so all's looking rosy but..... Our meter is in an awkward spot so won't be a standard installation for a charging point. After trying and failing to get through to the motability affiliated battery charger supplier I got a local sparky to have a look but while waiting for him to come I looked myself and my electric supply is almost certainly on a looped system with next door which means for an electric EV charger to be installed it'll have to be unlooped by the electric board. What that means is next door will have either their garden or driveway dug up then put right after they get their own supply. My dilemma is they're in their eighties, their driveway is patterned concrete and I don't want to put them through any of that shite. It won't cost them a penny but they really don't need that hassle but economically, it's a good deal for us to get the EV car IF we can get a home charge point. It's fucking doing my head in! The alternative currently available hybrid cars on offer in motability are either not suitable or too expensive. I don't know what to do? I don't normally ask for much but they're canny frail so I'd feel like shit putting this on them, it'll happen anyway at some point as the looped properties will be modernised in the next few years but do I just wait till time takes it's toll and let the electricity board do it then?