General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He's 31 and his bairn is 18 months.

He's deluded.  She sounds as bad as him though.  One works night he had 6 pints in an hour before we did an escape room and he was more or less sober!  We went for a meal after and then home.  He came in the next day (It was a Thursday night) and he looked hanging.  I asked what happened.  Apparently he got home and his Mrs was boozing with her mates so he carried on boozing.  He went to bed around 4am!  So both of them with a 18month year old absolutley bolloxed.  

So the social services involvement sounds like it's a ropey slag trying to get one over on a ropey scouse cunt. Standard council estate craic tbf. I grew up around this shit, and saw many a neighbour get a knock at the door because one parent had grassed the other during a barney :lol:

That said it sounds like the kid would be better off in the foster system if that's how both parents behave like. Neither sound fit or worthy to look after the poor bairn.

31 and he's going on like that is pathetic mind - He's only a few years younger than me and pretty much everyone I know / grew up with had wrapped in the 'lad' shit by about 23-24.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

So the social services involvement sounds like it's a ropey slag trying to get one over on a ropey scouse cunt. Standard council estate craic tbf. I grew up around this shit, and saw many a neighbour get a knock at the door because one parent had grassed the other during a barney :lol:

That said it sounds like the kid would be better off in the foster system if that's how both parents behave like. Neither sound fit or worthy to look after the poor bairn.

31 and he's going on like that is pathetic mind - He's only a few years younger than me and pretty much everyone I know / grew up with had wrapped in the 'lad' shit by about 23-24.

Nailed it.

Apparently the police were involved because he's reported his passport missing :lol: 

I couldn't stop laughing at that.  So by the sounds of it, she's took it and he's got pissed up, kicked off over and and that's when the five oh have got involved and no doubt social services.

The thing about poor behaviour like this, as a parent, is that your kids remember every little detail, even if they’re too young to know what’s going on. 
Once they’re older they work it out and then the real problems start. 

I avoided any chance of that by getting my two absolutely skullfucked on scag when they were little, so they don’t remember me and the Mrs. crawling round the bathroom looking for the giant blue spiders. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 9

25 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Nailed it.

Apparently the police were involved because he's reported his passport missing :lol: 

I couldn't stop laughing at that.  So by the sounds of it, she's took it and he's got pissed up, kicked off over and and that's when the five oh have got involved and no doubt social services.

Maybe the bizzies have got the social involved given how both parents stunk of stale booze, piss and had powder burns all over their nostrils :lol:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The thing about poor behaviour like this, as a parent, is that your kids remember every little detail, even if they’re too young to know what’s going on. 

I avoided any chance of that by getting my two absolutely skullfucked on scag when they were little, so they don’t remember me and the Mrs. crawling round the bathroom looking for the giant blue spiders. 

tenor.gif

I avoided it by faking my death in a canoe accident.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

tenor.gif

That's a real fucking talent tbf. Lowering the tone considerably while still managing to be being a voice of reason.

That was all going a bit Mumsnet and this thread needed that.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Nailed it.

You talk about this workmate quite a lot man, like youre on some sort of poverty safari. Guitly by association if you ask me. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Nailed it.

kris jenner GIF

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

You talk about this workmate quite a lot man, like youre on some sort of poverty safari. Guitly by association if you ask me. 

I was brought up on a council estate in Leeds.  Far from what this kids upbringing was.  Despite him being a dipper I get along well with this lad at work.  I just want to help the lad.

• Like 4

He doesn't want help by the sounds of it though. He's pretty much bragged about having his bairn taken away because he can't stop drinking, taking sniff and rifling (what I presume are minging) slags.  

• Like 2

Beyond being a sounding board at work I’d be very careful about getting involved. Not least because there’s not a lot you can do. Although I appreciate you want to help the lad, Wyki. 

• Like 2

I don't know why but that case of about the 2 year old starving to death (after his dad died of a heart attack) made me think about that bin dipper.

Apparently the mum hadn't seen the kids for 2 weeks. Which mother (or even parent) doesn't see a toddler for 2 weeks? Yet, she is having a go a social services even though they knocked over several dates then eventually got a landlord key (which im not sure is even legal anyway?) to enter the property.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Beyond being a sounding board at work I’d be very careful about getting involved. Not least because there’s not a lot you can do. Although I appreciate you want to help the lad, Wyki. 

Oh aye.  I've recently stood back.  Given my thought but that's as far as it's gone.

He keeps saying we should meet up for a beer outside of work.  Nah :lol: 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Oh aye.  I've recently stood back.  Given my thought but that's as far as it's gone.

Or 6

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Then a week later you awaken in a crack den, stinking of piss and shit, your phone and wallet missing, a burning sensation in and around your member. You wander home and your missus asks where you've been and all you can come up with is:

rick james cocaine GIF

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I don't know why but that case of about the 2 year old starving to death (after his dad died of a heart attack) made me think about that bin dipper.

Apparently the mum hadn't seen the kids for 2 weeks. Which mother (or even parent) doesn't see a toddler for 2 weeks? Yet, she is having a go a social services even though they knocked over several dates then eventually got a landlord key (which im not sure is even legal anyway?) to enter the property.

It’s often the way though isn’t it? And not just the mam but none of the family either? Then they try to put all the blame on the authorities 

• Like 3

Father time finally catches up and at fifty I've had to get some reading glasses. When you factor in that, putting a bit of weight on and my now shaven head I've went from tall, dark and handsome to looking like junior soprano*

in the space of a couple of years. :huh:

*He always reminds me of my dad. Now me as well. :lol:

• Haha 3

There's a lad I went to Uni with, came from a respected boarding school, he got a 2:2 in Aviation and Pilot Studies. He had enough money from inheritance to pay for the pilot training course. Instead he blew pretty much all of it on a trip around South East Asia, drugs and drink when he came back. He's never held down a proper job despite being well spoken, affable and all that. Every time he gets fired it's because the boss had it in for him, or the company was 'dodgy'. He's currently living with his sister and her partner, rent free. She even pays his mobile phone bill for him. I used to feel a sort of fraternal responsibility for him, offering guidance when asked, support when needed and a little tough love too. I even set him up with a sparky mate who was going to take him on as an apprentice but the lad never showed up. Other friends from Uni have done similar, those that haven't distanced themselves already. None of it's worked so now he's just a bloke I chat about football with. 

He's still not got a permanent job, still spending what ever money he comes across on drink and drugs, still blaming everyone else for life not working out for him. He had every opportunity in life and has fucked it entirely. 

Point is, some people can't be helped and you'll better off not letting their fuck ups be part of your life.

• Like 2