General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I shouldve screen shot the massive BANNED (SO YOU ARE) that appeared on my phone about 10am this morning whilst trying to log on to this esteemd forum. Reckon some wisearse in belfast councils IT bunker was having a fuckin laugh :D

1 minute ago, Ant said:

my favourite bit is when i replied there to tell him wtf are you on about his twitter status is

"Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.."

:lol: no idea i've not been here all morning

Oh and there you are :lol:

Am not joking, it happend. Youve all been warned :huh:

We have an easement on our land.  It was put in place when the houses were built but the purpose it was put there has never been used.

People buying our gaff wants assurances that its redundant.  If its over 12 years or so with nobody going on the land who have access via the easement apparently it is dead.  The Solicitor wants to speak to the estate agent who sold us it.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Did the solicitor you bought with not get a sworn statement at the time?

No because it never bothered us.

We live in an end terrace of 3.  The easement was put in so the middle house could access their back garden.  However when the houses were finished no access was put into the rear.  I.e a gate.  Fast forward 30+ years, there is no way you can get into the back gardens due to 3 massive bushes and trees and fences.  So its a redundant easement.

In hindsight the amount of headache its caused sorting it out, then yes, we should have got some sort of clarification on it.

@wykikitoon

Do the neighbours in the middle house in any way go on to the land that you own to access their land?  If its not an issue for them or you as we speak, and youve already said the easement is redundant, its not really an issue. How did the buyers come by the information? If its redundant it seems strange that they actually know. Is it in the Land Registry title document? if it is its not likely to be "redundant" as its literally on the plan. Getting the estate agents involved seems a bit pointless.  

yours sincereley

The current Mrs PL. former conveyancing secretary to posh fuckers, now doing personal injury; "where theres blame theres a claim" :D

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

@wykikitoon

Do the neighbours in the middle house in any way go on to the land that you own to access their land?  If its not an issue for them or you as we speak, and youve already said the easement is redundant, its not really an issue. How did the buyers come by the information? If its redundant it seems strange that they actually know. Is it in the Land Registry title document? if it is its not likely to be "redundant" as its literally on the plan. Getting the estate agents involved seems a bit pointless.  

yours sincereley

The current Mrs PL. former conveyancing secretary to posh fuckers, now doing personal injury; "where theres blame theres a claim" :D

Its on the Land Registry, but we were open with the buyer and told them about it.  She works for the estate agent who are selling our house too.

She seems fine, but her old man is buying the house for her and he is a 'developer' and had his 'fingers burnt' before with an easement apparently.  Solicitors sound like they have it all sorted now thank fuck.

Our neighbours have never used the easement to get to their back yard.  I.e they have never come onto our land.  The old guy next door has lived here all his life and said he can never recall anyone using that easement even before we moved in.

17 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Is it possible to find out who was the estate agent you bought your house with?  We have been in our current place for years and cant find any paperwork. 

Maybe you hid it in the garden, use one of these to find it.

ns47s46dojhk7o5bawylrs7c7y-vy26canc4m4oc

Edited by Tdansmith