General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

9 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Aye, the centurion. You can get a pint, and a Greggs and watch some pissed up doylem vomit on the public piano, whilst someone offers you a massive jar of Nescafé they just chawed from the Sainsbury's for a very reasonable price.

Lovely tiles as well 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Be fucking hilarious if it's real. He'll find out exactly what "embarrassing" and "disgrace" mean.

Ghislaine Maxwell was a big surprise 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

A few years ago me and the missus were up in Grey street (I think Browns bar) and there was a pianist playing and it was very chill. We are up again on Saturday and I’m after somewhere a bit nice to have a few drinks.

This is a bit left field, but have you considered trying Brown's bar? 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Renton said:

This is a bit left field, but have you considered trying Brown's bar? 

:lol: Do you know, that was my first though also so I googled it to see if it was still there.

Got this list of bar brasseries and assumed they had shut the one in newcastle.

Guess it’s a different outfit :lol: 

https://www.browns-restaurants.co.uk/restaurants#/

the panic buying at this time of year is hilarious. the shops are only shut for a day or two. our ocado order has just been delivered. cheese delivery is coming later, veg box tomorrow - fuck going anywhere near a supermarket or high street at this time of year. 

People man. "Oh noes, the supermarkets are shut for two whole days, what am I going to do?"

I'm going on Saturday, as usual. My theory is people will have already been and it'll be no worse than usual (which is canny bad tbf). I have got my main course booked to collect at the butchers mind and yesterday bought some stupidly expensive cheese which is al I really care about. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

People man. "Oh noes, the supermarkets are shut for two whole days, what am I going to do?"

I'm going on Saturday, as usual. My theory is people will have already been and it'll be no worse than usual (which is canny bad tbf). I have got my main course booked to collect at the butchers mind and yesterday bought some stupidly expensive cheese which is al I really care about. 

i haven't done a big shop at a supermarket for at least 5 years i reckon. fuck that shit for a game of chess when it can be delivered to your door - what's the point?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i haven't done a big shop at a supermarket for at least 5 years i reckon. fuck that shit for a game of chess when it can be delivered to your door - what's the point?

I've never had a food delivery. I like to see and choose the food I buy, make sure the dates are okay etc, get offers, and can visually see if I've missed anything.. Tbf most supermarkets use scanners now so you pack as you go and are straight out. No hassle or chore really. 

Aye, I'll always shop in-store as long as I know it's not going to be ridiculously busy, same reasons as Renton. Home delivery was useful during the worst of the pandemic, but it limits spontaneous buys, plus the number of unavailable items or useless replacements put me off it.

Mind, we do get a veg box delivered so I'm not one to talk.

Trip to Hillheads farm shop on Saturday morning for fruit and veg- everything else is done. 

Out for steaks with the family on Saturday afternoon, then I’ll be prepping like a bitch Sunday morning. 

My record for Christmas dinner is 50 minutes from turning the oven on to serving up. 

With 15 to feed I don’t think I’ll be breaking that, but it won’t be too far off. 

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Aye, I'll always shop in-store as long as I know it's not going to be ridiculously busy, same reasons as Renton. Home delivery was useful during the worst of the pandemic, but it limits spontaneous buys, plus the number of unavailable items or useless replacements put me off it.

Mind, we do get a veg box delivered so I'm not one to talk.

Also I might add, I've heard that many of the delivery drivers are dodgy as fuck, especially if you have young ladies at home. Just saying. Fortunately I think they are being farmed off out of harms way into the HGV industry. 

• Haha 7

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I booked my click and collect weeks ago. Fuck going into any supermarket at this time of year.

I only wanted a couple of things.  They even had a group of car park marshalls ready.

WTF is wrong with people?

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the panic buying at this time of year is hilarious. the shops are only shut for a day or two. our ocado order has just been delivered. cheese delivery is coming later, veg box tomorrow - fuck going anywhere near a supermarket or high street at this time of year. 

Chilling British GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 4