General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Not saying the metro is a fucking joke or anything. But, having just arrived at the central from York, I realise on checking the app I’d just missed one to the coast. Anyway, I had enough time to comfortably (ie with nearly 10 mins to spare) walk to fucking Jesmond station in time to catch the next one. All with no disruption being reported (bar the ‘fleet availability’ patter*) at tye ungodly hour of 5:45pm on a Friday.

*is probably actually driver availability and can you really count a daily occurrence as disruption to the norm? 

FUCK RIGHT OFF :lol: 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not saying the metro is a fucking joke or anything. But, having just arrived at the central from York, I realise on checking the app I’d just missed one to the coast. Anyway, I had enough time to comfortably (ie with nearly 10 mins to spare) walk to fucking Jesmond station in time to catch the next one. All with no disruption being reported (bar the ‘fleet availability’ patter*) at tye ungodly hour of 5:45pm on a Friday.

*is probably actually driver availability and can you really count a daily occurrence as disruption to the norm? 

FUCK RIGHT OFF :lol: 

What app tells you where the metros are? 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

What app tells you where the metros are? 

The Nexus ‘Pop’ app gives real time updates. It doesn’t let you use it instead of a Pop Card via your phone or let you top up your pop card though. Like you’ve been able to do in London for ages. Presumably that’s coming some time in the 2030s 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, looks like a working one too, like my hairy danger. 
IMG_6391.thumb.jpeg.f7ad40352cb166075de86b0bb94a9200.jpeg

He’d just come in from a 5 mile walk in Scotchland here- sparkers, 3ft from his bed. 
Thick as mince :lol:

I’ve got a Black and Tan one as well. She is 7 now and calming down with every year. 😀

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’ve got a Black and Tan one as well. She is 7 now and calming down with every year. 😀

I’ve just come in from Monthly Work Pints and he’s greeted me like I’ve been away for 5 years. 
Tbf, he does that if you go in the kitchen to make a brew- he’s a lovely wee lad, soft as shite, and daft as a brush. 

3 years old-ish and no signs of not living his mutty life at 100mph as yet, the little shite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/11/2023 at 23:23, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve just come in from Monthly Work Pints and he’s greeted me like I’ve been away for 5 years. 
Tbf, he does that if you go in the kitchen to make a brew- he’s a lovely wee lad, soft as shite, and daft as a brush. 

3 years old-ish and no signs of not living his mutty life at 100mph as yet, the little shite. 

My sister in law has a cocker spaniel and this pretty much describes him to a tee. Probably the nicest dog I've ever come across in terms of his temperament, and the fact he doesn't bark, scratch or chew anything in the house (my lurcher has a blanket that she digs at to get underneath it, and has ruined at least 3 settees as a result). But sometimes when he looks at you it's very apparent there is fuck all going on upstairs, he acts on pure impulse alone. That said, I think it's endearing when a dog is that thick, especially when they are soft as shite with it.

• Haha 2

Cocker Spaniels and the associated cross-breeds are fucking nuts but totally loveable with it :lol: the dopey fuckers are hilarious 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Job opportunity for someone on here:

31CBF37B-9345-4B60-8D5B-0A9D623044A2.jpeg

In order of the questions:

1) yes

2) yes

3) yes

4) no

5) sometimes

6) all voices matter

Should I apply?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Job opportunity for someone on here:

31CBF37B-9345-4B60-8D5B-0A9D623044A2.jpeg

1. Mostly.

2. What?

3. I'd rather a medium paced environment tbh.

4. Aye, I'm one myself.

5. Yes.

6. It depends what woman the voice comes from?

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

Are you one of those people that say 'Pride, bloody pride day? Where's my straight day eh?'

How did you get a hold of my diary?

• Haha 1

On 27/11/2023 at 18:10, wykikitoon said:

Are you one of those people that say 'Pride, bloody pride day? Where's my straight day eh?'

I commited a job interview faux-pas a good few years ago that still keeps me awake at night now and again.  Asked about my "proudest achievements" I replied words to the effect of "I've always felt pride is an incredibly selfish emotion and don't like to focus on past achievements" before looking up and realising the entire office was draped in rainbow flags and thinking "ah shit, that screamed homophobe/religious bigot".

Dunno where those words came from. Maybe I'd watched Se7en the night before. 

• Haha 7

There's bigger problems in the world but I have had four interviews for jobs paying at least my wage or a bit above in the last 8 days, just had an email from one of them now and it's matching my ticket buying attempts at the beginning of the season, 0/3. I wouldn't mind but I felt I did really well in two of them so am very much thinking wtf tbh? One left and if I don't get that I'm going to genuinely feel like bubbling. :(

• Sad 7

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

There's bigger problems in the world but I have had four interviews for jobs paying at least my wage or a bit above in the last 8 days, just had an email from one of them now and it's matching my ticket buying attempts at the beginning of the season, 0/3. I wouldn't mind but I felt I did really well in two of them so am very much thinking wtf tbh? One left and if I don't get that I'm going to genuinely feel like bubbling. :(

Keep at it mate- you’ll get there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1