General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

59 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Father time finally catches up and at fifty I've had to get some reading glasses. When you factor in that, putting a bit of weight on and my now shaven head I've went from tall, dark and handsome to looking like junior soprano*

in the space of a couple of years. :huh:

*He always reminds me of my dad. Now me as well. :lol:

This has just happened to me. For the past few years, when I've been on holiday and had a break from the work monitors, everything has been out of focus for a bit, but eventually resolved to normal (not small physical print mind). But this January, I can't read a fucking thing close up. Long sight is fine, but I'm using some pound shop reading glasses to work. Worst thing is I can't read my phone either. So a trip to the opticians beckons, and I know for a fact that is the start of further visual detioration until I end up like this. 

Glasses.gif.a1d76811efa3a7cb3d6843453478f84a.gif

In town today I saw there is aplace called Pop Specs which was on Dragon's Den just 2 weeks ago, where they can make a prescription while you wait. Tempted, 'til I remembered am I fuck funding any of those Dragons Den cunts. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, ewerk said:

'There was no way she could have gotten pregnant with the hole I was using m'lud. The defence rests.'

“ The Crown accepts the defendant is innocent on the grounds of Jaffa and Batty , however, there is a compensatory claim for damages outstanding. 

The driver of the minicab, a Mr. Chris. Mastree, has submitted a list of cleaning charges following the incident in question;

Cleaning of batter ( fanny)- £50

Disposal of 40kg of empty pizza boxes ( duck flavour)- £50

Disposal of 14 (pairs) of soiled, XXXL Asda Menswear y-fronts. - £50

Disposal of 1 condom ( XXS) - £50

Loss of earnings and mental suffering - £5080. 

Mr. Mastree has offered to waive the financial penalties if defendant carries out 100hrs of unpaid service at North East Solo Metectors Club. 

What say you Mr. Gemmil?”

” Cash or cheque?”

• Haha 7

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

image.png.6e8e736b60caa032bc56f19275f51a16.png

Really puts our injury problems in perspective.

They'll be recalling Harry from his loan in the states at this rate.

• Haha 3

On 17/01/2024 at 13:37, The Fish said:

There's a lad I went to Uni with, came from a respected boarding school, he got a 2:2 in Aviation and Pilot Studies. He had enough money from inheritance to pay for the pilot training course. Instead he blew pretty much all of it on a trip around South East Asia, drugs and drink when he came back. He's never held down a proper job despite being well spoken, affable and all that. Every time he gets fired it's because the boss had it in for him, or the company was 'dodgy'. He's currently living with his sister and her partner, rent free. She even pays his mobile phone bill for him. I used to feel a sort of fraternal responsibility for him, offering guidance when asked, support when needed and a little tough love too. I even set him up with a sparky mate who was going to take him on as an apprentice but the lad never showed up. Other friends from Uni have done similar, those that haven't distanced themselves already. None of it's worked so now he's just a bloke I chat about football with. 

He's still not got a permanent job, still spending what ever money he comes across on drink and drugs, still blaming everyone else for life not working out for him. He had every opportunity in life and has fucked it entirely. 

Point is, some people can't be helped and you'll better off not letting their fuck ups be part of your life.

His parents must be gutted that they put him through boarding school and he ended up with a 2:2 at a poly 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Good job they dont do that with motorists there would be fuck all else on the news :P 

Funny how the cunts suddenly manage to cycle in single file once they realise it's the police behind them, eh?

• Haha 4

On 17/01/2024 at 13:37, The Fish said:

There's a lad I went to Uni with, came from a respected boarding school, he got a 2:2 in Aviation and Pilot Studies. He had enough money from inheritance to pay for the pilot training course. Instead he blew pretty much all of it on a trip around South East Asia, drugs and drink when he came back. He's never held down a proper job despite being well spoken, affable and all that. Every time he gets fired it's because the boss had it in for him, or the company was 'dodgy'. He's currently living with his sister and her partner, rent free. She even pays his mobile phone bill for him. I used to feel a sort of fraternal responsibility for him, offering guidance when asked, support when needed and a little tough love too. I even set him up with a sparky mate who was going to take him on as an apprentice but the lad never showed up. Other friends from Uni have done similar, those that haven't distanced themselves already. None of it's worked so now he's just a bloke I chat about football with. 

He's still not got a permanent job, still spending what ever money he comes across on drink and drugs, still blaming everyone else for life not working out for him. He had every opportunity in life and has fucked it entirely. 

Point is, some people can't be helped and you'll better off not letting their fuck ups be part of your life.

The rest of his money, did he just waste it? 

• Haha 8

IMG_20240119_082917.thumb.jpg.b44d12b6199445398bbbfc1886377215.jpg

Errrr, I think I'll just pass despite it having a competitive minimum wage, on-site parking and only statutory holiday entitlement, (probably statutory sickness too) but it was a tough decision knowing I'll be giving up a chance to get a birthday and Christmas card from the Dickson family. :lol:

Didn't even notice the amazing X1 death in service or the 3% pension. :lol:

They've got a fucking cheek charging the prices they do is all I'm saying.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 8

hqdefault.jpg

"I'm afraid you've just fallen short of your annual targets, err, HMHM.... and as such, I'm terribly sorry to have to say there'll be no birthday or Christmas card from Mrs Dickson or myself this year."

• Haha 8