General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That lass in the middle looks like Oz’s granny. 

Don't diss the Jimmy. 

I was looking at the programme ans some interesting things. The drummer was the drummer from Lindisfarne, think I've seen him around Tynemouth, one of the cast was Oz's son in AW3, and the lady on Jimmy's left there is a former Eurovision star @Meenzer. Paved the way for Bucks Fizz no less. At 60 you still would I bet, amirite? 

Has anyone had the pleasure of being recommended Toyah Wilcox and Robert Fripp's YouTube channel to them? :lol:

It's basically just Toyah parading her braless tits about, which tbf for a 65 year old are impressive. See Exhibit A above. 

I'd have to assume @Monkeys Fistis a subscriber. Probably a member of the Patreon too. 

Cant get rid of this daft blank quote box. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

It's basically just Toyah parading her braless tits about, which tbf for a 65 year old are impressive. See Exhibit A above.

Very plastic though.

More disappointed in how average a guitars Fripp has turned out to be.

Some of the stuff he did in the 80s with David Byrne was influencial on a young me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Very plastic though.

More disappointed in how average a guitars Fripp has turned out to be.

Some of the stuff he did in the 80s with David Byrne was influencial on a young me.

Hmmm… I think I know what you mean, he looks ropey as fuck knocking out shitty cover versions. You can’t argue with his work on Heroes & Scary Monsters etc though  :cuppa: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They're bouncing around man. I think they're the real deal. 

Of course I have the benefit of having watched more than just the one performance. :lol:

They’ve been doing this since lockdown they toured nationwide and played Glastonbury last year, pleased to see you’re up to date with these things :) 

• Haha 3

Just now, PaddockLad said:

They’ve been doing this since lockdown they toured nationwide and played Glastonbury last year, pleased to see you’re up to date with these things :) 

Aye sorry I'm not that up to speed with this cutting edge content. :razz:

Renton, here's some more for you. 

Nightmare/wank fuel! 

• Haha 1

Just heard on the radio that some are asking for an increase in maternity pay.  It's not something I have had to look at as I don't have kids.  People I know who have had them have been in decent jobs with decent maternity / paternity pay.  But I assume this is totally different at a lot of places!

Then, the radio station put on a soundbite of a women who returned to work 4 weeks after a C-Section because she needed the women.  I am sat there thinking 'fuck me, you poor lass'.  Quickly followed by 'Well, it's my third so I know how much it hurts'. FML.

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Just heard on the radio that some are asking for an increase in maternity pay.  It's not something I have had to look at as I don't have kids.  People I know who have had them have been in decent jobs with decent maternity / paternity pay.  But I assume this is totally different at a lot of places!

Then, the radio station put on a soundbite of a women who returned to work 4 weeks after a C-Section because she needed the women.  I am sat there thinking 'fuck me, you poor lass'.  Quickly followed by 'Well, it's my third so I know how much it hurts'. FML.

She must have a canny job tbf.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

You ever considered the possibility listening to the radio causes you undue amounts of stress? ;) 

• Haha 3

Off to get measured for my wedding suit in the morning. Looking forward to the final nail in my football career as they announce at 39 and with a 36” gunt I’m not in prime shape anymore.

It’s a sad but also positive day, I’ve held the position that I was ready to step into the first team for over 30 years and now accept i might be past my best, it’s their loss.

Now I’ve hung up my boots I’m looking to take over a pub in the west end, so if anyone has any contacts let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, strawb said:

Off to get measured for my wedding suit in the morning. Looking forward to the final nail in my football career as they announce at 39 and with a 36” gunt I’m not in prime shape anymore.

It’s a sad but also positive day, I’ve held the position that I was ready to step into the first team for over 30 years and now accept i might be past my best, it’s their loss.

Now I’ve hung up my boots I’m looking to take over a pub in the west end, so if anyone has any contacts let me know. 

There are still bars in the west end? I thought most had been burned to the ground and/or converted into Indian restaurans/motorcycle clothes shops.

On 16/02/2024 at 07:37, wykikitoon said:

Pregnant women

Is there anyone you don't have an irrational

hatred for Wyki?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Renewed attempts to save the Keelmen’s Hospital. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-68318135

I’ve thought for a while it would be a great venue/workshop/studio type place, with the central courtyard as a covered performance area. 

No idea it was under threat? Hopefully something is sorted because a big part of Newcastle's history and a tribute to the keelman looking after each other instead of being left to die. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

No idea it was under threat? Hopefully something is sorted because a big part of Newcastle's history and a tribute to the keelman looking after each other instead of being left to die. 

It’s been derelict for 15 years now. 

I used to work on the building next to it, and it was depressing seeing it deteriorate over the years. 

I agree about its importance, and it’d be a travesty if it was allowed to get beyond repair. 

• Like 1

On 12/02/2024 at 04:15, Gemmill said:

Aye sorry I'm not that up to speed with this cutting edge content. :razz:

Renton, here's some more for you. 

Nightmare/wank fuel! 

you called?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

On 16/02/2024 at 07:37, wykikitoon said:

I get two lots of two months paternity leave, I have to be in work for at least 2 months between them, but I'm going to take two months at the beginning (March) and the other bit in early 2025. Also when I finish that second spell I return to work on an 80% hrs/100% pay split for 6 months. 

It's brilliant support and makes handling childcare so much more affordable and easy. It isn't as good as some of the Scandi countries though. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I get two lots of two months paternity leave, I have to be in work for at least 2 months between them, but I'm going to take two months at the beginning (March) and the other bit in early 2025. Also when I finish that second spell I return to work on an 80% hrs/100% pay split for 6 months. 

It's brilliant support and makes handling childcare so much more affordable and easy. It isn't as good as some of the Scandi countries though. 

You expecting again? Congrats mate 

• Like 1