General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

You've forgotten the young lad I remember on here. Full head of hair, and BIG DREAMS of following in the footsteps of his favourite poster and becoming an accountant. 

Sad that you would try and change your Toontastic origin story. 

32 minutes ago, Renton said:

The levels of accountancy denial here is akin to Tommy Robinson's views of the holocaust. 

Stand up and be proud oh accountants of toontastic. someone's got to do it, and we are thankful it is you. 

Accountant grooming gangs, you could be onto something !!

I've been on some corking stag dos to be fair; Oktoberfest in Munich, week in Portuguese villa, European tour of London. 

Mine was a day at the races, a steak dinner and getting drunk in York (although we were the oldest people in the club, by about 20yrs).

It’s not going to be a mad one. I’m nearly 40, as are all the lads (7) going. 4 have kids and 1 has kids on the way.

We are going to Tom Kitchins restaurant for some dinner tomorrow and then some drinks. 

There will be no strippers, midgets or wacky uniforms.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

It’s not going to be a mad one. I’m nearly 40, as are all the lads (7) going. 4 have kids and 1 has kids on the way.

We are going to Tom Kitchins restaurant for some dinner tomorrow and then some drinks. 

There will be no strippers, midgets or wacky uniforms.

that's what you think :lol:

it's usually the dads who don't get out that much anymore who end up leading the way to the dark side.

i quite enjoy a stag do personally and would jump at the opportunity to get away and get hammered for a weekend somewhere with the lads - mainly because that chapter of my life is closed now and my mates are all hitched. 

anyway, good luck. perhaps it will be as civilised as you think.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that's what you think :lol:

it's usually the dads who don't get out that much anymore who end up leading the way to the dark side.

i quite enjoy a stag do personally and would jump at the opportunity to get away and get hammered for a weekend somewhere with the lads - mainly because that chapter of my life is closed now and my mates are all hitched. 

anyway, good luck. perhaps it will be as civilised as you think.

Don't worry. The divorce rate is 42% so you've got a good chance you'll see a few more.

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Don't worry. The divorce rate is 42% so you've got a good chance you'll see a few more.

bring on the divorce dos!

• Haha 3

I hate them personally. I also just don't get how people can afford to spend so much money travelling to places as far away as Prague etc or even Las Vegas for them. Boring maybe but I'd much rather go on a city break with my family, not that I can afford to. 

It's true though once in your 40s wedding and stag do's tend to end, few people would have a stag for a second marriage (need to ask Gemmill about that). Then, you hit 50s and suddenly its all funerals. :( 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You'll not need to wait long to find out about second marriages. Wait til the kids leave home, she'll just be clinging on til then. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You'll not need to wait long to find out about second marriages. Wait til the kids leave home, she'll just be clinging on til then. 

:lol:

They say the funniest comedy always has some truth about it.

Cunt. 

• Haha 7

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

I hate them personally. I also just don't get how people can afford to spend so much money travelling to places as far away as Prague etc or even Las Vegas for them. Boring maybe but I'd much rather go on a city break with my family, not that I can afford to. 

It's true though once in your 40s wedding and stag do's tend to end, few people would have a stag for a second marriage (need to ask Gemmill about that). Then, you hit 50s and suddenly its all funerals. :( 

A mate invited me to his stag in Glasgow. It would have cost me £500 for travel, hotel and "activities", that's before food and drink. For a Stag in Glasgow.

I did go to his second stag in Bristol, for 1/2 the price, so I think I made the right choice. 

• Haha 1

I hate them. All that forced shite is just not my cup of tea at all. Also, Gloom - what happened to the fabled ‘blag dos’? Did the lasses get wise to the fact that it’s unlikely you’d be invited to the stag do but not even the evening do of the actual wedding? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Accountant grooming gangs, you could be onto something !!

“Can you point to the page where the bad man made you enter a false amount? “

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“Can you point to the page where the bad man made you enter a false amount? “

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

A mate invited me to his stag in Glasgow. It would have cost me £500 for travel, hotel and "activities", that's before food and drink. For a Stag in Glasgow.

I did go to his second stag in Bristol, for 1/2 the price, so I think I made the right choice. 

When i went on my BIL stag his best mates (yes he had two) emailed all the attendees asking for £200 for activities which included 'zombie paintballing'  I said I wouldn't be doing that and glad I didn't.  One of the lads broke his arm and the rest were battered and bruised so that night they were so shattered they could hardly booze :lol: 

Instead me, his old man and a couple of others went to the horse racing close by and had a canny day

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

When i went on my BIL stag his best mates (yes he had two) emailed all the attendees asking for £200 for activities which included 'zombie paintballing'  I said I wouldn't be doing that and glad I didn't.  One of the lads broke his arm and the rest were battered and bruised so that night they were so shattered they could hardly booze :lol: 

Instead me, his old man and a couple of others went to the horse racing close by and had a canny day

'zombie paintballing' 

• Haha 7

47 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

'zombie paintballing' 

Spending cash to get hit by people dressed up people as zombies 

• Haha 2

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Spending cash to get hit by people dressed up people as zombies 

too many peoples 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Renton said:

always great to get your upbeat take on things :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I hate them. All that forced shite is just not my cup of tea at all. Also, Gloom - what happened to the fabled ‘blag dos’? Did the lasses get wise to the fact that it’s unlikely you’d be invited to the stag do but not even the evening do of the actual wedding? ;) 

i don't really know the lads in question that well, but they apparently managed to get away a bonus lad's weekend away every year under this pretence