Scottish Mag

General Random Conversation..

Run update for @trooper

Just did a couple of laps of peckham rye and it looks like people have taken notice this time. A few runners and dog walkers out there but only in ones or twos 

• Haha 3

Ditto, just got back from Hilly Fields/Ladywell Fields and was going to say the same thing for troops' benefit. Still a fair number of people out but loads fewer than before, no groups of bigger than two, and people actually giving each other a properly wide berth as they pass.

We'll see what the weekend's like though...

Weird to think I was out for a drink in Peckham Rye a few weeks ago discussing all this with an old school friend who lives there now. It seemed like a big deal but not that big a deal 

i would say it was about three weeks ago, for me personally, that I finally understood the enormity of what is in front of us. 

but shit felt like it got real about 10 days ago, when i was first told to start working from home

This would’ve been 5 weeks ago to the day when I think about it. To put it into perspective in terms of how the government had failed to grasp what was happening, they considered redeploying DExEU staff an equal priority 

Edited by Alex

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

but shit felt like it got real about 10 days ago, when i was first told to start working from home

Aye. 2 weeks ago I still had a conference to London booked and expected to be flying to Tenerife in May. It’s gone bezerk in the last fortnightly. 

It'll be loosely based on repeating/familiar phrases taken from your search history :cuppa:

Edited by Rayvin
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I thought they went forward. 

They do. Poor attempt to confuse everyone and get a cheap laugh cos it makes no odds anyway and nobody knows what day it is. MF - the only way to get hand sanitizer round our way at the mo is to summon the underground dealers of Gateshead and promise them the  contents of the Controlled Drug cupboard. 

Normally I’d say it’s the best night of the year to be at work but..

• Like 3

I’m so bored I just made a sourdough starter. Then I read the full recipe and I have to feed the cunt for 6 days before I can use it.

cba

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Any of you old cunts on here fortunate enough to have gone to The Station back in the day??? Looks like fun.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/mar/31/moshpit-mayhem-station-punks-gateshead-chris-killip-hellbastard

I certainly consider myself an old cunt who might have enjoyed that but I was 16 in 1985 and lived nearly 60 miles from Gateshead... Only place I used to see punks in town was in the broken doll, a hang out for them, stoners, students, football hooligans and other assorted radgies. You would’ve creamed your pants on perusing the juke box in there...