General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

So you were turned down by proper Universities then? :D

:icon_lol:

Congrats fella, I've not got a clue about where you live or where these "universities" are, but go to the one that is best combination of quality and distance from home.

Congrats fella, I've not got a clue about where you live or where these "universities" are, but go to the one that is best combination of quality and distance from home.

Queens is in belfast, probably in the top 20, if not 15, uni's in the UK. Be great to have a degree from there.

Queens is in belfast, probably in the top 20, if not 15, uni's in the UK. Be great to have a degree from there.

:icon_lol: No mate, it's not even in the top 50.

Not meaning to be harsh, but you should manage your expectations.

I wouldn't be able to afford going to the great old england. plus i wouldnt want to go over myself, plus i'd rather stay closer to home

bad idea buddy, you don't want to stay at home while you're at Uni, you'll miss out on so much.

I wouldn't be able to afford going to the great old england. plus i wouldnt want to go over myself, plus i'd rather stay closer to home

bad idea buddy, you don't want to stay at home while you're at Uni, you'll miss out on so much.

I'll be staying in Belfast, going back to the house at weekends.

England wouldn't have you.

Listen, buddy, you've already attempted to hijack this conversation once, it's not working, take a hint. Now fuck off.

I'll be staying in Belfast, going back to the house at weekends.

England wouldn't have you.

Listen, buddy, you've already attempted to hijack this conversation once, it's not working, take a hint. Now fuck off.

So when all your Uni mates are going insane, having the time of their lives, you're going to be going to the same pubs and clubs you have been for the past two years? Sounds like a pattern is forming. :D

Oh my mistake, I thought bars and clubs only opened on weekends, jack-ass :D

Most people going to uni in belfast who live in NI will go home at weekends, perhaps you're just too much of a party God!

Oh my mistake, I thought bars and clubs only opened on weekends, jack-ass :icon_lol:

Most people going to uni in belfast who live in NI will go home at weekends, perhaps you're just too much of a party God!

:D There's just no way I'd miss out on the shit we got up to on weekends, even if it was just going to the library and catching up on the work you missed during the week.

For me, Uni is about becoming who you want to be, reinventing yourself if you like, and I can't imagine that's going to be feasible if you're going home to your family every weekend.

Guest LeazesLad

Anyone stayed in the Travel lodge in the City of London? Is it ok? Years since I stayed in a TL, does it have internet connection for laptops? A bar etc...?

I'm pretty sure all Travelodges charge for wi-fi, though obviously that's not an issue if there's someone you can charge it to...

Where's the location exactly? I don't know why I'm asking really, you know as well as I do that there'll be bars nearby if there isn't one in the hotel itself, it's London after all.

Anyone stayed in the Travel lodge in the City of London? Is it ok? Years since I stayed in a TL, does it have internet connection for laptops? A bar etc...?

Just asked a lad who stayed there when we were doing a late night implementation last October - overbooked so they didn't get a room and had to get cabs home - shit staff who didn't care.

Stayed in Whitechapel (shithole) and they had plasma, bar etc

they do charge for wi fi though

Guest LeazesLad
I'm pretty sure all Travelodges charge for wi-fi, though obviously that's not an issue if there's someone you can charge it to...

Where's the location exactly? I don't know why I'm asking really, you know as well as I do that there'll be bars nearby if there isn't one in the hotel itself, it's London after all.

It's not right in the City, it's between Liv Street and Old Street on City Road. Bars are pish round there I know. The area SE of Kings Cross is my least fav in Cent London tbh. To many black pimps walking round and dealers, then it just gets boring.