Jump to content

General Random Conversation..


Scottish Mag
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 21/10/2021 at 17:54, Howmanheyman said:

I can't even get the internet on my PC at work as they obviously don't trust the riff-raff (even if I had the time), they'd have a fit with half this board, mind. :lol:

Factory life :lol: all the lads in my section at my place got given written records of conversation for going for their dinner a few minutes early the other day. I happened to be off. Anyway their response was to work exactly to the written process and reduce productivity by about 30%. Love owt like that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The manager responsible ended up getting a bollocking. Our place is one of the best places I've worked for not being micromanaged mind. There's team areas with free coffee machines and where you can go to use your phones and that and nobody says a thing. They're recruiting as well but I appreciate you're holding out for your redundancy @Howmanheyman. For unskilled work as well it's 28k + ~£5k shift allowance + overtime @ x1.725 + bonus. Not sure how a commute to Darlo would suit

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't tell them you know me in any capacity and you'll get in. They're putting production experience preferred but not essential on adverts lately. Basically leaving the lads to train untrainable people. Once upon a time it was the holy grail of production work around here. Hitachi turned out to be a bit of a shit brick, after all the press it got. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The manager responsible ended up getting a bollocking. Our place is one of the best places I've worked for not being micromanaged mind. There's team areas with free coffee machines and where you can go to use your phones and that and nobody says a thing. They're recruiting as well but I appreciate you're holding out for your redundancy @Howmanheyman. For unskilled work as well it's 28k + ~£5k shift allowance + overtime @ x1.725 + bonus. Not sure how a commute to Darlo would suit

Cheers, Quiffy but I'm wanting to knock shift work and factory work on the head and wouldn't commute if I was doing shift work. Appreciate the heads up though. :good:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Cheers, Quiffy but I'm wanting to knock shift work and factory work on the head and wouldn't commute if I was doing shift work. Appreciate the heads up though. :good:

Tbf we only do nights during peak demand, it's 5 days shifts one week and 4 slightly longer backshifts the week after with the Fri off. We get fucked about quite a bit with shifts. We were on continentals at one point but with the added bonus that you didn't work a Saturday night shift if it landed that way so you'd only do 3 shifts and an extra 5k shift allowance. What's the latest at your place anyhow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Tbf we only do nights during peak demand, it's 5 days shifts one week and 4 slightly longer backshifts the week after with the Fri off. We get fucked about quite a bit with shifts. We were on continentals at one point but with the added bonus that you didn't work a Saturday night shift if it landed that way so you'd only do 3 shifts and an extra 5k shift allowance. What's the latest at your place anyhow?

Still in consultation. I'd be surprised if it wasn't still open in 2024 tbh.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's not in my book. He tried to put the lips on her, she said no, he stopped. 
 

If that's sexual assault then I've been victim to many assaults by boilers over the years 

 

That's the price on the ticket when you're Team Handsome. :razz:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It occurred to me this evening that my traditional posts reminding you boys to adjust your clocks accordingly twice a year (not a euphemism) is becoming redundant in this digital age. However, here I am once again on nightshift doing an extra hour for no money, a victim of my own fuckwittery because I did the rota.


If you have an old fashioned alarm clock with bells on top and you wake up at 8am then get yourself another hour, you lucky bastard… 

 

(PS. Re: the current state of the hospitals. It’s all going to shit again. Don’t make too many extravagant Christmas party plans)

 

Love you, bye! 😘

  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, catmag said:

It occurred to me this evening that my traditional posts reminding you boys to adjust your clocks accordingly twice a year (not a euphemism) is becoming redundant in this digital age. However, here I am once again on nightshift doing an extra hour for no money, a victim of my own fuckwittery because I did the rota.


If you have an old fashioned alarm clock with bells on top and you wake up at 8am then get yourself another hour, you lucky bastard… 

 

(PS. Re: the current state of the hospitals. It’s all going to shit again. Don’t make too many extravagant Christmas party plans)

 

Love you, bye! 😘

Must be why I'm awake!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hope all the parents are enjoying this delightful trick or treating weather. :lol:

 

:lol: Those days are gone now. Walking the dog, later? And tomorrow? And the day after? And the day after that? Winter's round the corner......wrap up and don't forget your mittens. 🥶 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...