General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Ffs try walking a mile in Stevies shoes before you start bandying around stuff like that. I understand the standard internet currency is being judgemental and self righteous but the world is full of people doing things that don't help them in the long run. Cut the bloke a bit of slack.

Spot on.

I've been mulling over my response but that sums it up perfectly.

Nope. This is common fucking sense and he shouldn't need telling, hence the incredulous responses. That's twice an ambulance has had to be called cos a bloke fresh out of brain surgery can't stop getting drunk.

Sorry but there's nowt that's been said that didn't need saying.

:lol: whoa whoa whoa, whilst I agree with the sentiment, all I had was a fucking electrical fault, I wasn't a big fat cunt with cream cheese in his arteries living one big Mac away from a massive coronary!

I've told you all before man, the doctor had to send away for special tests when she saw the size of my heart on MRI cos she thought I had an extremely rare disease which caused thickened heart walls. Turns out I'm just an unbelievable athlete who's got a massive love muscle pumping my shit around.

Edited by Gemmill

I nearly died in a car accident i was intensive care for two weeks then army hospital for 6 months then rehabilitation for 6 months (learning to walk getting strength back). I couldn't drink at first but when I could I revelled in it as it seemed a great time to live life to the full and laugh in the face of death and all that bollocks. Of course I was a 20 year old squaddie and thick as a whale omelette so had an excuse for being an irresponsible dick.

Brilliant posts by the likes of Paddocklad, CT and NJS. You blokes are from the North East, you're decent people and you're not terrorism supporters from Ireland like 2 or 3 cheeky cunts on here. Fancy calling someone who's had an incredibly huge brain op a "wanker".

I've tried everything to deal with it, and I've done alright mentally. Friday was obviously a huge drink, after being told I'm not going to die imminently like they often tell people. I'm between a 2 and 3 which at least gives me hope, so yeah like a nobhead I had 12 pints, then on Saturday I had 2 and was taken to hospital. The end result of that is this: I start my radiotherapy in 2 weeks; it lasts up to Christmas potentially. The decision I've made is though I won't have a drink till February 1st. Will be the longest I've been without a drink since I was 11, but hopefully it's the best thing I've ever done. Everyone around me is over the moon. I'm going to start training like boxing during it and see what happens. Once again some great comments from the proper blokes with proper personalities who happen to be from the North East of England.

My balance should be fine as long as I let my brain settle down. I'm away from the alcohol for 5 months, to give myself a chance. I'm much taller and stronger than the average bloke, but I've proven twice even at my size I can't deal with alcohol combined with my brain correcting itself over several months, I've still got the stitches going 12 inches around my forehead. J69 I've been taken in to South Tyneside general twice with the same thing, you work with some right stunners, one of them is blonde, about 30 and a massive toon fan.

Brilliant posts by the likes of Paddocklad, CT and NJS. You blokes are from the North East, you're decent people and you're not terrorism supporters from Ireland like 2 or 3 cheeky cunts on here. Fancy calling someone who's had an incredibly huge brain op a "wanker". I've tried everything to deal with it, and I've done alright mentally. Friday was obviously a huge drink, after being told I'm not going to die imminently like they often tell people. I'm between a 2 and 3 which at least gives me hope, so yeah like a nobhead I had 12 pints, then on Saturday I had 2 and was taken to hospital. The end result of that is this: I start my radiotherapy in 2 weeks; it lasts up to Christmas potentially. The decision I've made is though I won't have a drink till February 1st. Will be the longest I've been without a drink since I was 11, but hopefully it's the best thing I've ever done. Everyone around me is over the moon. I'm going to start training like boxing during it and see what happens. Once again some great comments from the proper blokes with proper personalities who happen to be from the North East of England.

:lol: Unbelievable. Aye, you're a good lad from the NE by ignoring all advice on going out on the piss just after major life saving surgery despite the fact you know that there's a high chance that it'll cause you to pass out. It's your life you're fucking about with, it's just a pity that the NHS is footing the bill for it.

So you found out you might survive and then went on the piss despite collapsing due to alcohol a week before? Regardless of where you're from geographically it's idiotic, it's like smoking a pack of cigars because your operation to remove cancer from your lungs went well. Anyway, it took a while but looks like you've learnt your lesson, good luck with your sobriety and recovery.

Edited by ewerk

Why bother?

You agree. You went daft on the drink after an op which should have kept you off the drink. You're knocking it on the head. Lesson learned.

Everyone wishes you luck with your recovery while you stick to that.

The rest of its just a flame war.

Best of luck with your treatment Stevie. I assume cowies are still okay though?

;)

Cowies :lol: 2002 the last time I had a cowie. I had 6 in one go the day and night England beat Argentina in Japan.

Cowies :lol: 2002 the last time I had a cowie. I had 6 in one go the day and night England beat Argentina in Japan.

you necked six at the same time and lived to tell the tale? impressive.

you necked six at the same time and lived to tell the tale? impressive.

Gave himself a brain tumour in the process though.

----------->;)<-----------

(Cowies were dogshit in 2002)