General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Hey Stevie im not trying to preach or nothing but howay man I had a stroke 9 and a half year ago. I'm paralysed all down my left side cant walk cant see properly, have to be dressed and washed I wished I'd been given a second chance.

New 'Benefits Street' being filmed in Stockton. Not great for the area but a great choice of location for them, full of Bamps.

I haven't seen it before but I saw a bit of that wife off it on 'Celebrity' Big Brother hoodwinking Gary Busey into believing she was a member of the Royal Family :lol: She looks like a sack of tetties.

Same with you J69, i'll or otherwise a knob of varying degrees generally speaking. I'd hardly say that's racist, and I repeat, Umar is a tool paid for by the club.

I'm not getting any better to be honest, I thought I'd cruise through but it's not the case. 11 hours sleep a day, and I really need to be alcohol free for a long time in my view. I can't sleep on my left with my heed, and I can't be arsed with sex right now, could be months before am back to normal. Vital I keep clear of beers though.

Something major like that Stevie man aint gonna be over in a week.

Slowly does it, the rewards of beers will be there later, but at the moment, one step at a time man. You will do it. You have loads of support on here and with your family so you're far from alone.

Same with you J69, i'll or otherwise a knob of varying degrees generally speaking. I'd hardly say that's racist, and I repeat, Umar is a tool paid for by the club.I'm not getting any better to be honest, I thought I'd cruise through but it's not the case. 11 hours sleep a day, and I really need to be alcohol free for a long time in my view. I can't sleep on my left with my heed, and I can't be arsed with sex right now, could be months before am back to normal. Vital I keep clear of beers though.

My comment was as much about your 'had a seizure today, don't know why, so I went and had 4 pints' line as the usual casual racism.

You've had a team of surgeons, nurses, auxiliaries, cleaners, porters, etc. working together to give you the best chance at living a long and healthy life, and you're putting it all at risk to get tanked up a few days later. It beggars belief

I know that probably makes me sound like a dick to say it but its true mate

My comment was as much about your 'had a seizure today, don't know why, so I went and had 4 pints' line as the usual casual racism.

You've had a team of surgeons, nurses, auxiliaries, cleaners, porters, etc. working together to give you the best chance at living a long and healthy life, and you're putting it all at risk to get tanked up a few days later. It beggars belief

I know that probably makes me sound like a dick to say it but its true mate

As one of those nurses (not in this case but in general) they were my exact thoughts. Not to mention the tax of every single working person reading this that paid for it.

I think people genuinely forget what a privilege it is to get the standard of health care that we do - for absolutely nothing. It's just a crying shame that sometimes they're not willing to put in the effort to help themselves too.

The "yes" camp in Scotland, if their retoric is accurate, say the one way to guarantee continued access to free healthcare for those north of the border is to vote "aye"....not sure how they can gurantee that in the future but on the face of it that can only be a good thing. Any Tory lead coalition next year is another nail in the NHS coffin iyam.

That's pretty much all I've got left as a voter, I don't trust politicians on anything but I can at least gravitate towards the party that seems to be making the right noises when it comes to protecting the NHS.

The "yes" camp in Scotland, if their retoric is accurate, say the one way to guarantee continued access to free healthcare for those north of the border is to vote "aye"....not sure how they can gurantee that in the future but on the face of it that can only be a good thing. Any Tory lead coalition next year is another nail in the NHS coffin iyam.

The NHS would categorically not survive another Tory term. I'm. It sure it will survive this term tbh

There is no alternative to saving the NHS other than to privatise more of it. No government can throw endless money at it which is why both main parties will continue to privatise bits of it.

When my mother was a nurse geriatric patients regularly "lived" on wards for many years until their death. For decades now the private sector has taken over this care role which is why we have so many private care homes.

Pretending one party or the other is going to halt the inevitable is stupid.